💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adam Lambert turned down ASIB role

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

Yikes...

first they try and whitewash the role, (god bless Adam for turning it down) and then they gave it to a straight man? these terrible casting calls ☠️ 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfMark
Just now, BUtterfield 8 said:

tell the truth GIF

No idea honestly. Someone will have to watch it, im busy doing homework lol

-Mark

Ashley
3 minutes ago, HausOfMark said:

I was just thinking this. I dont think he was, didnt he say "I have some girls in here" when Ally went to his hotel room and then thats when Jackson was being put into bed by the brother. I havent watched it latley so i cant remember. 

I thought I clearly saw a shirtless man in his room? But it’s been a minute since I watched it.

3 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

57881fc2bbda576fce3732995c40baed.gif

Cool gif thanks for you insightful post which 0% addressed my point  :vegas:

Galvon

Well I'm glad he didn't play that character. For the same reasons. But also; It would have been so weird and disapointing to see him in a movie about singers where he didn't sing a word. It would have been a waste of his time. With the vocal ability that he has, he deserves to sing in a movie like that. Maybe he gets another chance one day.

thierryrreiht

Anthony Ramos did a great job. However, if the character was Ally’s “gay best friend” they could’ve dialed up the Gay, or use a gay actor. I truly feel the chemistry between Gaga and him could’ve been even stronger.

It was pretty lowkey for the “gay” part. Yes he’s in the drag bar, but he’s there because she sings there every week. In the hotel we don’t see who he’s with and it’s not told explicitly.

in the plane he says “lay on that couch right now” and it sounds like a straight that doesn't want to sound too gay.

River

I don't know who this character is, I can't remember the movie anymore :emma:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

HEARTSTOP
16 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Anthony Ramos did a great job. However, if the character was Ally’s “gay best friend” they could’ve dialed up the Gay, or use a gay actor. I truly feel the chemistry between Gaga and him could’ve been even stronger.

It was pretty lowkey for the “gay” part. Yes he’s in the drag bar, but he’s there because she sings there every week. In the hotel we don’t see who he’s with and it’s not told explicitly.

in the plane he says “lay on that couch right now” and it sounds like a straight that doesn't want to sound too gay.

How does a gay sound?

Come on, people. Gays are all around, all types of mannerisms and interests. There's no one way to play a gay character, as long as it's not offensive and reductive.

Also, other people on this thread, what the f*ck does an actor's sexuality have to do with their character's sexuality? It's called acting, not vlogging.

Are we gonna complain about Neil Patrick Harris for playing a straight playboy on How I Met Your Mother? Let's not get into this typecast crap.

IDGAF

I think Anthony was great and there was that one interview where he expressed how he was so thankful to have been casted and he was emotional. It was heartwarming :diane:

Lady Adga

Gay or not, there's something called ACTING, you play a role. If you do it well, nothing else matters. Don't be ridiculous.

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

Anthony isn't gay? :billie:

No he's married and has kids :triggered:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

Gay or not, there's something called ACTING, you play a role. If you do it well, nothing else matters. Don't be ridiculous.

Yeah but its about representation. There aren't a lot of gay actors/actresses who get big roles + play their sexuality. Why couldn't a gay man play that role? Its always a straight person playing a gay role. The reason why we have stereotypes is because of how gay roles are acted out by straight men

End Racism Now

Archived