💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift drags G&G and Netflix (as she should)

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eros92

I've said this same joke about to multiple people i know. Myself included.

Is it funny or clever? Meh. No not entirely. It is offensive? No. Why would it be?

Like others have stated there was a brief period in her life where she was dating a lot of men (the RED-1984 eras). Which is by no means a bad thing and thats not the issue. But she also wrote songs and threw shade at people she's written about and has made a lot of money of it. Imagine being someone Taylor dated and having your private relationship and the struggles of that relationship just opened up and aired out for the world to hear. Thats okay though right?   

Not to mention people like to put Taylor on this high horse like she can do no wrong. Ya'll remember Bad Blood? The shading and petty fights with her and Katy? 

The "joke' is hardly harmful and wasn't used against Taylor in some antagonistic way. 

MJHolland

Kinda cringey that she felt the need to respond and probably counterproductive? But then again she's made it clear that she doesn't like when people make this joke. Sis is a serial dater tho so lmao idk..

tyler k
6 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I'm not sure Netflix reads every single script of every single show it carries. But Taylor is right about the show. They slut shamed her for no reason at all.

um... they should...

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

tyler k
6 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Kinda cringey that she felt the need to respond and probably counterproductive? But then again she's made it clear that she doesn't like when people make this joke. Sis is a serial dater tho so lmao idk..

she hasn't been a serial dater since 2015 lmao. this narrative is old and isn't funny

Taylucifer

not some of y'all discrediting and discarding Taylor's feelings and emotions because you view it as a joke. It's obviously not funny and the slut shamming is something which she has struggled with through her whole career unlike many other artists who also write about their relationships. It's sexist and so are you. don't get it twisted

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

tyler k
6 hours ago, Dante said:

Not being able to laugh at yourself isn't cute either.

this is not the hot take that you think it is.

the joke is sexist, end of story.

thatfoxyfeeling

She knows how to stay in the spotlight doesn’t she I’ll give her that. :yennefer:

Lottie Winters

The least self-aware person with a platform. Her stance of being victim is tiring, extremely privileged, and painfully tone deaf.

tyler k

the sexism & misogyny in this thread is just ..... 

Togekiss

I mean she has a long public history of short lived relationships. I don’t know why she thinks people can’t joke about that.

bring on that pecan pie

tyler k
2 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

I mean she has a long public history of short lived relationships. I don’t know why she thinks people can’t joke about that.

do you see male artists being joked about like this?

LaLuna

Okay, I see her point but let's not act like there's no truth to that joke though :huntyga:

I mean, I'm not going to deny that misoginy and sexism don't exist, they most certainly do but come on, she's the one always writing songs about her ex-boyfriends and acting like a victim, I mean, sis 

rihanna GIF by BET Awards

Togekiss
1 minute ago, tmo13 said:

do you see male artists being joked about like this?

I don’t know of any other artist male or female who seems to date people for a few months just to get some new material.

edit: I am not saying that she actually does this but she’s the only artist I know of who has this reputation and I can see why people have that perception.

bring on that pecan pie

Archived