💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga master Patrizia Gucci's accent?

Will Gaga master Patrizia's accent?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gaga master Patrizia's accent?

• Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Possibly
    • Not sure, and kinda worried
    • Nope :((((

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga will definitely have an Italian accent, she is literally the I’m Italian Woman 

1 hour ago, Damien said:

they will be speaking in english with no italian accent - it is a known thing and roots in the theory of making movies, no good director would allow to butcher their project like that - but they will be trying to sound posh, rich and classy in their very own way of speaking

Penelope Cruz and the actor who played Gianni in American Crime Story they spoke english with an italian accent i think it was okay

PunkTheFunk

Gaga will be fine... Listen to her say "Lamborghini". She has been practicing that accent. :ally:

1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

I hope not, but probably considering nne of the actors are italians, to me it doesnt matter but it would be amazing if they spoke italian

So Al Pacino is not italian? Or Stefani Germanotta? Okay...

elijahfan
2 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

But will they speak English with an Italian accent the entire time?

I've been wondering this as well. Since it's not gonna be realistic anyway as all the characters are going to speak English, maybe hearing Italian accents for 2 hrs is gonna be a bit distracting? Idk. Penélope Cruz did play with an accent when she portrayed Donatella, so who knows.

33 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Penelope Cruz and the actor who played Gianni in American Crime Story they spoke english with an italian accent i think it was okay

In general using accents comes out as cheap and cheesy - though it might seem like this will help build the narrative actually it's taking away the feeling od immersion. For example - creator of HBO's 'Chernobyl' were thinking about using russian accents for their characters, but it would have blocked the smoothness of actors' performance and turned out unnaturally and grotesque.

elijahfan
2 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

I hope not, but probably considering nne of the actors are italians, to me it doesnt matter but it would be amazing if they spoke italian

They clearly have no intention of making the film in Italian, otherwise they would have chosen local actors.

androiduser
34 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Penélope Cruz did play with an accent when she portrayed Donatella, so who knows.

But Penelope is Spanish and she never mastered speaking English without a Spanish accent, so there was no other way than adding the Italian accent for Donatella.

androiduser

I doubt that they will speak with an Italian accent, it would be quite risky as every actor would have a different level of skill at accent and not everyone would do the same accent, so it would be a mess potentially.

I think they will speak standard English with an occasional Italian word heard here and there in the background.

androiduser
1 hour ago, Ivannn said:

So Al Pacino is not italian? Or Stefani Germanotta? Okay...

they are Italian American and they don't speak fluent Italian.

I know fans think Gaga is capable of anything but speaking a correct Italian is difficult for English speakers, even after years of studying.

Midnightrush891

I think it’s possible, she’s a talented person and let’s not forget that her voice is her instrument! 

Never really thought about this before, but I can see how you could make a mess of it. If everyone just tries to sound like they're in a gangster movie it'll be fine.

Archived