music news

Justin Bieber announces new album “JUSTICE” - March 19

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
newseason

The only "album" (it's technically a compilation) from him that I liked is Journals, but I'll give this a chance. 

I like the cover. 

lilmonster2424

Something about the title being 'Justice' isn't sitting right with me coming from an extremely religious straight white man who has been accused of abuse in the past and has carelessly said the n word. Was he even vocal about the black lives matter movement or was it just one post then he moved on? Has he ever spoken out about getting justice for Breonna Taylor, Elijah McClain or any other innocent black person murdered? When has he spoken out about our politics and getting justice for the LGBT community, especially the trans community? I don't want to sound like a fake-woke person but think about it, if any female artist had an album titled this they would be getting dragged left and right. I could already see the viral hate tweets

3 minutes ago, lilmonster2424 said:

Something about the title being 'Justice' isn't sitting right with me coming from an extremely religious straight white man who has been accused of abuse in the past and has carelessly said the n word. Was he even vocal about the black lives matter movement or was it just one post then he moved on? Has he ever spoken out about getting justice for Breonna Taylor, Elijah McClain or any other innocent black person murdered? When has he spoken out about our politics and getting justice for the LGBT community, especially the trans community? I don't want to sound like a fake-woke person but think about it, if any female artist had an album titled this they would be getting dragged left and right. I could already see the viral hate tweets

He gave his Instagram account to BLM organizations before Gaga did, donated millions

lilmonster2424
1 minute ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

He gave his Instagram account to BLM organizations before Gaga did, donated millions

Okay thanks for the info, I'm not a huge fan so I didn't know, also it's not my place to talk about this but I could just see female artists getting dragged left and right if Katy, Lana or Gaga named an album 'Justice'

lilmonster2424
2 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

Not Lana getting COCC blocked by Justin:huntyga: :fthis:

We know which album we will be streaming and buying :vegas: this just makes me sad tho because Lana could have debuted #1 

newseason
1 minute ago, lilmonster2424 said:

I'm not even a fan, but is he obliged to speak about all these matters? It's amazing that there are some who do it, but I think people nowadays have way too many expectations for artists/musicians etc. They are singers, not politicians or specialized organizations. Some do it but only because it's trendy to sustain certain causes and not from an honest place. 

5 minutes ago, lilmonster2424 said:

Okay thanks for the info, I'm not a huge fan so I didn't know, also it's not my place to talk about this but I could just see female artists getting dragged left and right if Katy, Lana or Gaga named an album 'Justice'

Not a fan either but I saw his account on Instagram a few months ago

I understand what you mean, but I don't think “Justice” means social justice. It's probably about what he went through as a kid and how he took his revenge on life, on a personal level I guess. But we can't know yet

Guest ARTPOPSlays
9 minutes ago, newseason said:

I'm not even a fan, but is he obliged to speak about all these matters? It's amazing that there are some who do it, but I think people nowadays have way too many expectations for artists/musicians etc. They are singers, not politicians or specialized organizations. Some do it but only because it's trendy to sustain certain causes and not from an honest place. 

Thank you !!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Not everything has to be so complicated. And I think it’s important to separate art from artists. If you like a song or album, listen to it! That’s all it is. If it makes YOU feel good, then listen to it! I also think in terms of the album being titled justice, I don’t think there is anything to be offended about. Words can be used in many way, if he has a good reason behind naming the album justice, then there isn’t really a reason to be offended. That’s just my opinion though

March34th
28 minutes ago, newseason said:

but if you're a public figure and consider yourself a good person, shouldn't you also use your platform and reach for justice? speaking up about social issues and bringing light to the struggles of marginalized communities is an excellent use of one's platform as an artist. Everyone should be speaking up about important issues like the Black Lives Matter movement.

Archived