Sia deactivates her Twitter

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
38 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

there's a scene in the movie where music is restrained and this can actually kill autistic people. there's some racist things about the story and she also worked on it with autism speaks, a hate group.

Autism Speaks is not a hate group and Sia has never worked with them. They are a charity that used to want a cure and foolishly spent money on trying to see if vaccines caused autism. Obviously they don't feel the same now than when it was started. They don't even use the word cure anymore. 

Either way she didn't work with them. She foolishly said they endorsed the film is all I could find about Sia's connection with Autism Speaks.  But you probably researched more than I did. So if you have receipts I'll change my response. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Debithius
8 hours ago, Jill said:

She deleted it because she didn't know how to explain wtf happened with her movie. She even posted an apology video and then deleted her account immediately after, why post the video then :rip: 

Cause she changed her mind like any other human does.

DelusionalGaga

Watch people turn this into CAncEL CUlturE sUckS, when Sia has been acting like a buffoon not able to take any criticism :billie:

Agunimon

Let’s stop pretending that the reaction people had is to this is her being held accountable. A lot of people went well past this with the relentless bullying and threats made. Yes, some reacted like level headed people and used this as a means to educate her. This was the minority of people, however.

If this is holding someone accountable and forcing them to go into hiding, it’s no wonder criminal justice is in such dismay in regards to treating criminals as sub-human and focusing 0% on rehabilitation.

Sia was not held accountable. She was bullied off of the platform by woke Twitter. I understand accurate representation is important, but these days so many groups of people fight online to be seen as the most oppressed and disenfranchised and will fight tooth and nail to defend that by ironically oppressing those who do through mob burn the witch mentality. 

Reginald

All of this over a movie? It's ironic to see people turn into rabid online bullies over something so inconsequential. 

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche

she can choose whatever actor she wanted, that was right. but the way she portrayed it was atrocious. i always felt she was a bad person anyways so..

JesseBabe

I'm sorry, but no.

I don't feel bad for her what so ever. She has made a complete fool out of herself during this entire situation. She couldn't, for whatever reason, accommodate the needs of an actual actor on the spectrum to play the main character so she got her muse Maddie, who, according to reviews of the movie, portrayed nothing but stereotypes of autistic people. When people were questioning and giving valid criticism when this movie was announced, she made fun of them and refused to acknowledge her poor choices. Last but not least, she chose to work with an organization that many have told her is harmful to their community (and takes one quick Google search to see all their problematic actions), yet, she refused to listen to any of the people who this movie is supposed to represent. 

I don't agree that she should be bullied by trolls on the internet, but she has had many chances to correct her messiness, and she decided otherwise.

13 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Did Beyonce cut her internet connection? :ohno:

Blue Ivy likes minimal decoration. No chandeliers allowed.

AgedForkedGull-size_restricted.gif

Archived