💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden: $15 min wage not happening under COVID relief bill

Economy
27 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I'm not sure how he's going to stop it. Even backwards àss Florida already voted for a statewide $15 an hour raise to happen over the next couple of years.  

Edit.

This is stupid. After actually reading the article much of these comments including mine were only reacting to the click bait title of this thread.

Yeah he never said he wanted to "stop it" :emma:

• Like 1

GagaSine

7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Thats different tho. If its an entire industry that pays minimum wage and is on the margin u can expect them to pass on the higber labor costs onto consumers thru higber prices. It wouldnt be a competitive issue because almost every restaurant would do it

Im talking about companies in general that cannot compete in their sector. They end up being a drag on the economy

I get what ur saying but I still think raising prices would definitely hurt a lot of restaurants, especially ones that are not like super fancy so people expect to pay more. Why pay twenty dollars for a sandwich and salad from a locally owned restaurant when you can just go to McDonald’s or eat at home, y’know. But that is the competitive nature of it all anyway I suppose. It’s just sad to see restaurants close bc the industry is so unstable. Covid has really shone a light on that.

Edited by GagaSine

Morphine Prince
4 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Posing Season 2 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Biden seeing poor people wanting a minimum wage hike: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

SpiritBunny
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah he never said he wanted to "stop it" :emma:

This. This thread should be closed honestly :toofunny:

• Like 1

myluis617
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Biden seeing poor people wanting a minimum wage hike: 

Dogs Laughing GIF by The BarkPost

you wasting ur time :ladyhaha:

Edited by myluis617

Morphine Prince
Just now, myluis617 said:

Dogs Laughing GIF by The BarkPost

you wasting ur time 

And enjoying it

• Like 6

Agunimon

You guys are criticizing him but that's a huuuge uphill battle. Announcing that it won't happen for now does not make him a clown and I'm sure he will continue working towards it in his coming years in office.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

myluis617
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

And enjoying it

Oh yeah, Im sure you are... While deep down inside

tenor.gif?itemid=8128195

Cookie Tookie

Like I said in the other thread, I’m just waiting for the Biden worshippers to come into this thread and make excuses as to why he can’t be “progressive” enough. Y’all got exactly who you voted for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, myluis617 said:

Oh yeah, Im sure you are... While deep down inside

tenor.gif?itemid=8128195

When in a room full of clowns you might as well join the circus 

• Like 5

Morphine Prince
Just now, Cookie Tookie said:

Like I said in the other thread, I’m just waiting for the Biden worshippers to come into this thread and make excuses as to why he can’t be “progressive” enough. Y’all got exactly who you voted for. 

They’re already gaslighting and asking for the thread to be closed :rip: 

• Like 3

Economy
5 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I get what ur saying but I still think raising prices would definitely hurt a lot of restaurants, especially ones that are not like super fancy so people expect to pay more. Why pay twenty dollars for a sandwich and salad from a locally owned restaurant when you can just go to McDonald’s or eat at home, y’know. But that is the competitive nature of it all anyway I suppose. It’s just sad to see restaurants close bc the industry is so unstable. Covid has really shone a light on that.

Perhaps. Theres always the question of how much cost companies might try to absorb thru lower profits and how much they will pass on to consumers thru higher prices. 

To compete with fast food some may try to absorb some of the costs if they can

However given most restaurants do have low profit margins i suspect the majority would have to be passed on to consumers anyway. U cant run on a loss so i dont think the impact on restaurants would be huge once price adjustments came.

I mean minimum wage took a decent big hike in our province some years ago as u may recall when in a short time it went from $10.25/h to $14/h an almost 40% increase

The impact on general economy and industries was remarkably mostly neutral given offseting factors even tho of course theres always the individuals who benefit more and those who do not

Restaurants did not fail here in Ontario for the most part. Prices did go up a lil

• Like 1

myluis617
8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

When in a room full of clowns you might as well join the circus 

and ur the ringleader. :bye:

chris rock dancing GIF

Edited by myluis617

gabeoz

I dont know why yall are coming after Biden for this :saladga: He is doing his part in pushing for it and adding it in his stimulus package. Him privately acknowledging that certain members of congress won't vote for it in the package isnt giving up on it entirely. If ya'll care enough that you pretend you do, hold the democratic congressmen who wont vote for it accountable, not the man who got it this far to begin with. :neyde:

• Thanks 1

bionic
23 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

You guys are criticizing him but that's a huuuge uphill battle. Announcing that it won't happen for now does not make him a clown and I'm sure he will continue working towards it in his coming years in office.

Right? The Democrats do not have the numbers in Congress to push it through. Even some Dems would vote against it in moderate/right-leaning areas.

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1