Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Rolling Stone: Born This Way is better than Express Yourself

Lighter

Featured Posts

myluis617

That "reductive" statement came to bite Madonna in the Ass. I do feel they shouldn't be pitted against each other but hey some of ya'll are not willing to overlook past actions and statements of certain celebrities don't start making exceptions now. I mean Madonna still hasn't apologized for her statement. Why should people go easy on her? :ladyhaha:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SchwineLove
16 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Did they lie? 

Madonna and her team milked the comparison as a way to bully Gaga...now 10 years later people still talk about BTW more than Express Yourself 

Yeah, marketing-wise i kinda get it tho, she got MDNA to promote, but to try to understand that perspective is to accept that M and her team are ill-intentioned

SchwineLove
1 hour ago, myluis617 said:

That "reductive" statement came to bite Madonna in the Ass. I do feel they shouldn't be pitted against each other but hey some of ya'll are not willing to overlook past actions and statements of certain celebrities don't start making exceptions now. I mean Madonna still hasn't apologized for her statement. Why should people go easy on her? :ladyhaha:

Because she's a senior citizen. I know she's advocating for anti-ageism, but biology doesn't lie. We have to give her a break and move on.

SchwineLove
6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

It was very that. Also that typically the rip-off sounds at least a little aesthetically different whereas BTW was disco much like EY. I’m not saying it IS a rip-off, but that in this case i think it activates people A) because the backlash to Gaga was coming like you said and B) because of what I said.

like Tik Tok and California Gurls sound similar but the aesthetics are different so it isn’t as immediately obvious.

I think the way it triggers M is, the whole BTW persona is so Madonna-like. So yeah. In The Fame she's nothing like Madonna. But suddenly she goes into persona that really resembles M, the whole mannerism, way of talk, so I think that's a huge part that make M triggered. (seems like a bad take but just wanna let the words vented)

Archived