series

I really liked Fate: The Winx Saga.

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

I really like the show. I've never watched the cartoon, but who cares really. Live action is never like the cartoon. Anyone whose watched an X-men or Ironman cartoon can tell you that. 

I think the season could have been one or two episodes longer TBH. But it was a great story on its own, without linking to the cartoon.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

River

I think the last episode was good, but the rest were meh

It had too many flaws unfortunately, even if you're not considering the cartoon and watching it as a stand alone tv series about fairies.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

JusKeepBreathin
16 minutes ago, River said:

I think the last episode was good, but the rest were meh

It had too many flaws unfortunately, even if you're not considering the cartoon and watching it as a stand alone tv series about fairies.

Elaborate. I think it had flaws too but I think it was because the season was too short and they had to wrap things up rather quickly.  Netflix has a bad habit of doing this on its original shows. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

River
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Elaborate. I think it had flaws too but I think it was because the season was too short and they had to wrap things up rather quickly.  

For example when she arrived she was weak but one day after she became “one of the strongest fairies in the world” and did magic like an expert, I mean I understand that they had only 6 episodes but they could save it for the second seasons and keep the weak storyline through the season and give the final bang with the wings an even stronger meaning and wow factor.

Also there was some kind of weird lack of character introduction, it’s like they were just there but I still didn’t meet them.

Some predictable moments, dialogues etc.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

As someone who grew up watching the original show, Fate is mediocre at best. I’m glad it’s finally getting the recognition it deserves though.

🌹 free britney 🌹

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, River said:

For example when she arrived she was weak but one day after she became “one of the strongest fairies in the world” and did magic like an expert, I mean I understand that they had only 6 episodes but they could save it for the second seasons and keep the weak storyline through the season and give the final bang with the wings an even stronger meaning and wow factor.

Also there was some kind of weird lack of character introduction, it’s like they were just there but I still didn’t meet them.

Some predictable moments, dialogues etc.

I agree with everything you just said. I also feel like it was rushed. I feel like the only two characters that were properly introduced and had a backstory were Bloom and Terra. The others had basically one scene backstory's that were just told to each other. I also don't really understand Stella's character at all and I feel like Bloom learned magic way too fast. I really thought that when they mentioned Roslind combining magic with the other two fairies that that would be how Bloom and her friends stopped the burnt ones. Also I'm confused by Beatix. Is she a blood witch?

But I still found the show enjoyable and hope the second season expands more and fixes those things. 

I'm a BTVS fan and the first season of Buffy was pretty close to terrible. Same with Agents of Sheild. Usually in the first season most shows tend to be kinda bad. Except for Sabrina. The last season was terrible on that show. 

I really liked it too and how it kept some elements from the original show (Stella losing her Ring, Bloom trying to get it back, the Attack on Alfea etc.). 

I really hope next Season introduces Lord Darkar as the one that sent the Monsters or something AND PLEASE have proper Transformations! 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Phaye Monster

I’m a fan of the original cartoon and I liked it too. I was really impressed by the end result. 
I do agree that it felt rushed in some places (in an interview they said that scenes had to be cut due to time restraints and these scenes will be in the book series they’re releasing) but it only had 6 episodes so that’s to be expected. I’m excited for another season and I think it has a lot of potential. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Archived