💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Was Forced To Make Chromatica

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

It’s what I thought. I see no Gaga in Chromatica, or at least I see no “pushing the boundaries”. I agree on many levels, with different perspectives...and beside this I think Gaga is maybe suffering from depression issues and social anxiety, at least that’s what I understood, and doing an album and do not “care” could be a sign.

And back to the sound and experimenting.. I really cannot understand how such basic instrumentals (not all of course) could be used by Gaga. I mean... but that’s a matter of personal taste.

I don’t know why people bash and laugh at this post. It could really be that Gaga did not felt Chromatica, then the Covid worsened everything.

A fact is that looking at the past she was always into her work, and now she’s not. Even though I love Rain on Me and the video, with 911 too, I miss her, that’s all. And I felt like she made us happy for that moment to never go back on Chromatica.

Carmine Morriello

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LGMonster95

At the end of the day, Gaga is the boss, if she didn't wanted to make Chromatica then she would not have made this album, It's as simple as that. Just because she could not do more performances of this album (whether is because she just wanted to release the album and take a break from her usual promotion because of COVID or because things just didn't work out overall) doesn't mean she suddenly stopped caring or she's being forced by someone.

Ladey Gaygay
2 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

At the end of the day, Gaga is the boss, if she didn't wanted to make Chromatica then she would not have made this album, It's as simple as that. Just because she could not do more performances of this album (whether is because she just wanted to release the album and take a break from her usual promotion because of COVID or because things just didn't work out overall) doesn't mean she suddenly stopped caring or she's being forced by someone.

she doesnt have her masters yet I think, so I think while Gaga wanted to make the album, she still contractually needed to make one last year

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

23 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

I know you all are tired of seeing another thread discussing Traumatica and Gaga's supposed lack of interest for this era

True. I'm not reading the rest. Stop projecting onto her just bc you didn't like the album. Gaga has said she's very proud of chromatica. FYI she had depression during the making. Of course it was hard to make. 

The only think that's been bad about chromatica album is the fandom angst, negativity and dramatics. 

21 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Its clear to me that her label really wanted Chromatica to appeal to many people to ride off ASIB's success, and as a result I feel like the reason Gaga isn't promoting this album as much is because she doesn't FULLY believe in this album, if she had the choice she would have made it something much more experimental and genuine.

We all know how bullheaded, stubborn, subversive, and rebellious Gaga can be, and she's told us as much many times. "Don't tell me to do ____ because you know I'm not gonna do it." "Don't tell me to dress up sexy, I'll subvert that by being weird as hell." For that reason, I sincerely doubt she could be -forced- into putting out an entire album that she didn't fully approve of.

I appreciate that she and the producers she worked with dug into the classic house roots of modern dance-pop. To me, it was a way of honoring where we came from and how we got here. Classic house can indeed sound safe to many at this point, but I don't think it's not genuine in its use on Chromatica.

⚡🐲

HausOfAntonio

She released 911 MV and that alone is enough to discredit your entire essay my love :poot:

Guys these are some facts and there are opinions. He’s not offending anyone and SOME of you always give shady and unpleasant answers, like you defend Gaga from her fans themselves.

I know, saying “forced” can be exagerated, but you could also just accept the fact that someone noticed stuff and wants to talk about it. There’s no need in commenting like this even if you disagree.

I was not on this site for a bit... but everytime I comeback I start feeling sad and anxious. People around us are mean already... there’s really no need.

Carmine Morriello

reading your post i cant help but remember the huge promo chromatica was supposed to have before the pandemic began and i am thinking... is it maybe possible that she was not forced to make the album, she does not hate her fans or her life and she is just dissapointed by how her "big return to pop music" turned out? she had coachella planned, she had so many stuff planned.. people are trying way to hard to disect this issue and are not seeing the obvious, maybe the girl is just upset that it didnt roll out as she intended to :huntyga:

JohnnyVersace
30 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Hell, even the album photoshoot and outfits always mean something - Born This Way's slime, ARTPOP's stripped down naked look and wigs, versus Chromatica was just Gaga wearing cool outfits but in a monochrome pink alien backdrop. Also did Gaga even ever explain why everything on Chromatica is specifically PINK? :vegas:

Well we don't know anything about the imagery or its meaning because she gave like on real interview for the era :awkney:

LGMonster95
Just now, Ladey Gaygay said:

she doesnt have her masters yet I think, so I think while Gaga wanted to make the album, she still contractually needed to make one last year

Chromatica is way too complicated and detalied album for her to do just an album because of her contract, she would not have bothered that much if she didnt care and just needed to make an album, she worked on it from like the beginning of 2018, there's too much work on it for this to be the reason. I think in reality things are much simple, COVID f*cked up their plans to the point that Gaga probably went like this "Maybe I'll let the music speak for itself more this time" 

Archived