💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

One female alt pop artist sued another female pop artist over infringement 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Agunimon
1 minute ago, hoeslay said:

Ok wait I definitely see it. Even if it's not true - this person POPPED OFF 🔥 Like they did what I WISH Gaga did. My main issue with Chromatica even though I stan hardcore is that it felt too safe. This is so not safe and I love it! The song is not quite my vibe but these visuals are IMMACULATE wow!!

I have to say, after everything, I don't think Gaga will ever release something not deemed as 'safe' anymore. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hoeslay
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

I have to say, after everything, I don't think Gaga will ever release something not deemed as 'safe' anymore. 

I feel that and I hope we're wrong 🥺

xoxo Craig
13 minutes ago, PEZ said:

:popcorn:

EsnOHA6XEAEdcze.jpg:orig

Nobody knows who they are and they suspect Gaga to know and copy their art? :billie:

End Racism Now

LilyLark

LOL. It's not very close—it's definitely a coincidence. I like how some people believe some random (without even verification) who claims Gaga's team member (as if a team member would snitch over something like that) told them it was a rip off. Hopefully fans don't blow this up on social media, but I don't have much faith in little monsters.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely believes Gaga has taken strong inspiration from Grace Jones & Madonna (and arguably infringed on the latter)...so it's not like I don't believe it could have happened. To be fair, I think it happens with all artists once in a while. BUT...if they were going to take inspiration to the point of infringement it wasn't going to be some random nobody ever heard of....instead, it would more likely be a foreign artist.

Agunimon
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Nobody knows who they are and they suspect Gaga to know and copy their art? :billie:

This is a weak argument. And also she didn't say Gaga copied. Why are you dismissing someone because they are an underground artist?

LilyLark
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Preach. I do believe all artists draw inspiration—perhaps even subconsciously—for their work, and that sometimes it crosses over into infringement. I don't believe it in this case. In the past, when this sort of thing has happened it's usually been a) a foreign artist that's been infringed upon or b) someone verified.

Also, the timing...right after the National Anthem & trying to blame Gaga (if they were for real, they'd be going after her team as the artist isn't really responsible for art design even if they have input).

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

This is a weak argument. And also she didn't say Gaga copied. Why are you dismissing someone because they are an underground artist?

Eh, I'm someone who believes Gaga arguably infringed on Madonna (although I think their feud was a PR stunt between their managers). But in the past, when this sort of thing happens it's usually foreign artists (not from the UK or US or Canada) or artists who are verified (Ariana, Beyonce, etc. have all had this issue with "infringing" on foreign artists). It's really hard for me to buy this, especially as Gaga's own playlists in the past indicate her taste indicate interest in more obscure JPop and various Asian artists so this person wouldn't even align with it.

If it was some underground electronic Japanese artist, I'd buy it more. It really just looks like robotic imagery...like Gaga's team took inspiration from Westworld.

xoxo Craig
12 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I'm not, I'm just saying that someone who isn't well known isn't going to have their art stollen by bigger artists because the bigger artist (Gaga in this case) probably doesn't even know they exist. So if she doesn't know who they are, how could they say Gaga copied or took inspiration from them? 

And also, Rain On Me/Chromatica is like 9 months old... if they felt that way why didn't they say so at the time? That pose isn't anything brand new, and that underground artist never came up with the concept. 

Its very clear that they are wanting attention by trying to drag Gaga or whatever because people are talking about Gaga after her NA performance. 

This reminds me of when that Christian rap band accused Katy of copying their song... :billie:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
Just now, holy scheisse said:

Katy perrys never really over and that song it ripped off idk:neyde:

Its a sample and is credited :neyde:

End Racism Now

holy scheisse
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Its a sample and is credited :neyde:

I know :neyde: I'm just being a b*tch:neyde:

Agunimon
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

I'm not, I'm just saying that someone who isn't well known isn't going to have their art stollen by bigger artists because the bigger artist (Gaga in this case) probably doesn't even know they exist. So if she doesn't know who they are, how could they say Gaga copied or took inspiration from them? 

And also, Rain On Me/Chromatica is like 9 months old... if they felt that way why didn't they say so at the time? That pose isn't anything brand new, and that underground artists never came up with the concept. 

Its very clear that they are wanting attention by trying to drag Gaga or whatever because people are talking about Gaga after her NA performance. 

This reminds me of when that Christian rap band accused Katy of copying their song... :billie:

I disagree. It makes way more sense to find inspiration from something not many people will know about because it's easier to pass it off as your own. I am not arguing for or against this case in particular, but in general. It's clear to me that she isn't trying to 'drag' Gaga down, though. She was very sensible and seemed open minded in her tweet thread. She admitted to being a fan, drawing inspiration from Gaga for her own art, etc.

I have difficulty believing visual elements as common as "latex fetish gear" and "bio-mechanical interfaces/gore" were enough to trigger an $80k settlement

And that's if this is even the situation alluded to in the OP (which in turn could also just be made up by the Twitter user for all we know)

That said, if it IS true that some member on Gaga's team used it as inspo, I'm glad the alt artist isn't being particularly vicious and dogged about it.

But I'm not sure that it is true, and there's not many ways for us to find out more. Tired of these "oh I knew a guy who worked around her and he said ____" nameless stories that can't be fact-checked, I understand why people go unnamed but I just give up at that point and don't get invested in it.

At least we have a mess to talk about this evening that isn't of our own making, for once :laughga:

⚡🐲

Archived