edit: I'll shut my mouth 

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hieronymus
Just now, Babylon gypsy said:

A war of eras again? :neyde:

Welcome to internet forums where people discuss things.

Tinnitus15
41 minutes ago, ARTPOPFrankenstein said:

Agreed. ARTPOP is the most artistic thing gaga has ever done. Just wish we could have more or it

Like are we even surprised that an account ARTPOPF gonna say that ARTPOP is the most artistic 

but it’s true 

dynamite

I agree. ARTPOP isn't my favourite album but it took risks. Chromatica is fairly basic and generic production wise. It doesn't hit that hard for me. But right now I listen to more Chromatica songs than ARTPOP, maybe because it's the most recent one.

warhol killer

It would be better than Chromatica if it had Christina Aguilera on Do What U Want, RuPaul in Fashion!, and PARTYNAUSEOUS instead of Jewels N' ****

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

FentyGa
5 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

Coming soon

Born This Way is better than Chromatica

The Fame Monster is better than Chromatica

The Fame is better than Chromatica

:bear:

and it would all be true

except the last one :poot:

Gorehound
8 hours ago, Frivolero said:

ARTPOP 

Artistic Revolution Through the Potential Of Pop

lady-gaga-guy-artpop-film-new-music-vide

Daring. Bold. Powerful

ARTPOP has bigger balls than Chromatica.

Chromatica is safe and easy; simple beat drops, safe camp concepts over simple lyrics. 

ARTPOP is hard, tough and ahead of its time. Chromatica had amazing visuals, but that failed to translate in the music. 

It's not a statement as much as just a move of passion. 

63697760336f55bfdc3dc5e0312472af.jpg

I'm not a wandering slave I am a woman of choice. 

tumblr_n2v9dyVaLw1qc2jhfo1_500.gif

That is all. 

tenor.gif

I'm fine, Ta

LastNight

I love ARTPOP so much, it's so interesting to look back on it now; to me it's THE most important album in her discography - not because of sales, or number of hits, or even the music itself, but because it marked the end of one chapter and the start of a new one.

There's just so much mythology surrounding the album: the years of hype, the hip-break, the teased unreleased tracks, the unrealised promotional plans, the perceived 'flopping', the break up with her manager, the change in singles, the R Kelly controversy, all the new info we found out in the leak of her legal documents...and so on. It's the era that keeps on giving and ironically it's a masterful and years-in-the-making performance art piece, although probably not in the way she intended or expected. 

The music is bold and risky and explosive. I will NEVER forget the day Aura leaked - it's one my top 5 highlights of being a fan. It was so insane and addictive. I really don't think I've ever experienced anything quite like that moment. She described the album as pure adrenaline and it truly is that, and I would definitely agree that it has more balls than Chromatica.

Having said that, I love Chromatica and I think it beats out ARTPOP in quality. AP is brash and colourful and all over the place (in a good way), but there's a sophistication and polish to C that I really enjoy. It's cohesive, the interludes are a beautiful touch, the lyrics are poetry, her vocals are flawless and the visuals are probably her best ever. It's also the only album, along with TFM, where I wouldn't remove a single track. To be honest though, I don't think she has a bad album to her name - I love that she takes us somewhere new every time and commits to each concept fully.

8 minutes ago, LastNight said:

I love ARTPOP so much, it's so interesting to look back on it now; to me it's THE most important album in her discography - not because of sales, or number of hits, or even the music itself, but because it marked the end of one chapter and the start of a new one.

There's just so much mythology surrounding the album: the years of hype, the hip-break, the teased unreleased tracks, the unrealised promotional plans, the perceived 'flopping', the break up with her manager, the change in singles, the R Kelly controversy, all the new info we found out in the leak of her legal documents...and so on. It's the era that keeps on giving and ironically it's a masterful and years-in-the-making performance art piece, although probably not in the way she intended or expected. 

The music is bold and risky and explosive. I will NEVER forget the day Aura leaked - it's one my top 5 highlights of being a fan. It was so insane and addictive. I really don't think I've ever experienced anything quite like that moment. She described the album as pure adrenaline and it truly is that, and I would definitely agree that it has more balls than Chromatica.

Having said that, I love Chromatica and I think it beats out ARTPOP in quality. AP is brash and colourful and all over the place (in a good way), but there's a sophistication and polish to C that I really enjoy. It's cohesive, the interludes are a beautiful touch, the lyrics are poetry, her vocals are flawless and the visuals are probably her best ever. It's also the only album, along with TFM, where I wouldn't remove a single track. To be honest though, I don't think she has a bad album to her name - I love that she takes us somewhere new every time and commits to each concept fully.

Love love love! & Agree a 10000%

:pawsup:

Gorehound

Totally agree!

I think it also comes down to the level of passion and devotion that went into both projects. I’m not saying Gaga wasn’t passionate during the making of Chromatica but she was going through a really rough time and half the time didn’t even want to make music. She struggled to find the inspiration.

ARTPOP came while Gaga was in her absolute prime, high on the success of Born This Way. She was insanely passionate about it and couldn’t help herself hyping the album up to high heaven. I remember her saying once "I don't think I'll ever make something as good as this again" and another time "this is my true first album". I think it was the time where she truly felt like a high-end artist, hence ARTPOP’s complicated art-based concept. I mean, hiring a top modern artist (Jeff Koons) to make the album cover just says it all. 

ARTPOP was fresh, loud, powerful,  bursting with confidence, sex appeal, weirdness, humour and joy. You can really tell that she had so much fun making it! "Don't you know my ass is famous?"

It was her moment to snap and she did. She had big dreams for ARTPOP so it is very sad that it didn’t all work out. (I still love Chromatica tho).

Imo with ARTPOP Gaga was an over-confident bad-girl, with Chromatica she was a broken woman

rs-14351-gaga-1800-1391702690.jpg

I'm fine, Ta

Archived