💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chris Evans blamed for the 6th event after tweet

Kimmo

Featured Posts

GagaSine
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

The way y'all are blaming superhero movies for inciting violence at the United States Capitol is beyond insane.

This is like blaming videogames, music, TV shows, etc. for causing violence. Plenty of people have seen these movies and aren't Trump supporters or have taken part in these disgusting riots. You take it upon these terrorists who have hateful points of view and project themselves onto ****ing superhero movies, not actors who are getting paid to wear a spandex suit :billie: 

It’s a piece of the puzzle. Not everything is black and white or incited wholly by one thing. It is countless straws on the back of a camel, as the saying goes. It’s like building a house on a bad foundation. Is he directly responsible? No. Has his career made a contribution to the culture that led to this? I can’t see how it hasn’t. I’m not even saying people shouldn’t watch Marvel movies or they shouldn’t be made. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peroxide555
4 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I love when people claim to be leftist but have zero leftist values and find it necessary to defend rich men who made a career from shilling for the US military, y’know the organization that murders kids overseas and rapes their own service members, against uh... tweets??? And mild comments on a lady gaga forum?

Leftist basically has no meaning anymore.

Okay sweetheart. Infighting isn't cute...

Don't pretend to know anything about ones political belief system just because some of us enjoy watching big fancy blockbusters...

Having said, that I have fallen down a bit of rabbit hole with looking up ties/links Marvel films have to the pentagon and military recruitment... and some of the things I've read have been a little alarming.

So I'll retract the assertion that Marvel films haven't played into nationalist propaganda... on some level they clearly have...

Uncomfortable truths are just that; uncomfortable truths - we're all on this forum for the same reason - we want to celebrate an enormously wealthy white woman who seems to be intrinsically tied to bourgeois democracy.

ThisIsWhyWeCan'tHaveNiceThings.mp3

Reality
1 minute ago, GagaSine said:

It’s a piece of the puzzle. Not everything is black and white or incited wholly by one thing. It is countless straws on the back of a camel, as the saying goes. It’s like building a house on a bad foundation. Is he directly responsible? No. Has he career made a contribution to the culture that led to this? I can’t see how it hasn’t. I’m not even saying people shouldn’t watch Marvel movies or they shouldn’t be made. 

But at the end of the day, it's on the individual for doing those things. Again, there are plenty of people who enjoy these movies (and other forms of media that are deemed as """harmful""" by some people) who aren't like that.

As I pointed out, this is exactly like when people blame videogames or music for being "bad influnces" on hateful and violent people. It's peple who already have that mindset that project their viewpoints on the medium they're watching/playing/listening to who are the problem, not the medium itself. 

Like, putting part of the blame on social media is fine with me. In fact, I encourage that people look into how social media affects their political and personal opinions; however, that's different from movies, TV, and music. Social media is a very broad term and there's inherently a lot of misinformation on there. However, superhero films aren't like that. Captain America: Civil War is based on the comics where a similar situation happened. It's not some piece of propaganda. 

🃏🖤👹

Chromatislaps

I had hoped it would say: Chris Evans blamed for the 6th d-pic drop on social media, getting the gays thirsty and wet

GagaSine
1 minute ago, Reality said:

But at the end of the day, it's on the individual for doing those things. Again, there are plenty of people who enjoy these movies (and other forms of media that are deemed as """harmful""" by some people) who aren't like that.

As I pointed out, this is exactly like when people blame videogames or music for being "bad influnces" on hateful and violent people. It's peple who already have that mindset that project their viewpoints on the medium they're watching/playing/listening to who are the problem, not the medium itself. 

Like, putting part of the blame on social media is fine with me. In fact, I encourage that people look into how social media affects their political and personal opinions; however, that's different from movies, TV, and music. Social media is a very broad term and there's inherently a lot of misinformation on there. However, superhero films aren't like that. Captain America: Civil War is based on the comics where a similar situation happened. It's not some piece of propaganda. 

I’m sorry but Marvel movies are literally propaganda. If you want to split hairs on the definition of that word and say it’s not then fine, but by most definitions it is.

GagaSine
5 minutes ago, Peroxide555 said:

Okay sweetheart. Infighting isn't cute...

Don't pretend to know anything about ones political belief system just because some of us enjoy watching big fancy blockbusters...

Having said, that I have fallen down a bit of rabbit hole with looking up ties/links Marvel films have to the pentagon and military recruitment... and some of the things I've read have been a little alarming.

So I'll retract the assertion that Marvel films haven't played into nationalist propaganda... on some level they clearly have...

Uncomfortable truths are just that; uncomfortable truths - we're all on this forum for the same reason - we want to celebrate an enormously wealthy white woman who seems to be intrinsically tied to bourgeois democracy.

ThisIsWhyWeCan'tHaveNiceThings.mp3

Buddy you are the one that came at me to, again, defend a random rich guy from the literal facts that Marvel gets money from the Pentagon to promote militarism. I have never known anyone with leftist values to give a damn about celebrities feelings in cases like this so it felt very fake to me when you claimed to be ‘very left’ or whatever. If you don’t know the basics about US imperialism than what knowledge or values do you have as a leftist? I’m not attack i’m genuinely curious. What do you think left values are?

I don’t care if anyone watches or enjoys those movies, knock yourself out. That doesn’t change the truth about them though.

Reality
2 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I’m sorry but Marvel movies are literally propaganda. If you want to split hairs on the definition of that word and say it’s not then fine, but by most definitions it is.

There are certainly messages in there that can be perceived as more political than most, but it's not propaganda. These movies are literally based on comic books. And while yes, comic books are also a political medium, they're also just a form of art...

Yeah, cause I'm sure Ant-Man really had something substantial that in turn caused people to incite violence at the Capitol...

There are allegories and certainly political undertones, yes, especially in the Captain America movies, but also...it's Captain America. He's political by nature. If you actually watch the movies and analyze his character (and also, just understand Chris Evans as a person), you would know that he actually stands for everything OPPOSITE to what Trump supporters and those terrorists stand for. 

🃏🖤👹

GagaSine
2 minutes ago, Reality said:

There are certainly messages in there that can be perceived as more political than most, but it's not propaganda. These movies are literally based on comic books. And while yes, comic books are also a political medium, they're also just a form of art...

Yeah, cause I'm sure Ant-Man really had something substantial that in turn caused people to incite violence at the Capitol...

There are allegories and certainly political undertones, yes, especially in the Captain America movies, but also...it's Captain America. He's political by nature. If you actually watch the movies and analyze his character (and also, just understand Chris Evans as a person), you would know that he actually stands for everything OPPOSITE to what Trump supporters and those terrorists stand for. 

If you have the time I highly recommend reading a Noam Chomsky book or learning more about imperialism because it’s a bit childish to believe a fantasy military service men that is an ubermensch is the opposite of what Trump and his supporters stand for lol.

Reality
Just now, GagaSine said:

If you have the time I highly recommend reading a Noam Chomsky book or learning more about imperialism because it’s a bit childish to believe a fantasy military service men that is an ubermensch is the opposite of what Trump and his supporters stand for lol.

If you have the time, I highly recommend reading the comics or watching the movies to better understand the context of what's happening in the movies and actually how that is incongruent with what Trump and his supporters stand for lol 

🃏🖤👹

Peroxide555
1 minute ago, GagaSine said:

Buddy you are the one that came at me to, again, defend a random rich guy from the literal facts that Marvel gets money from the Pentagon to promote militarism. I have never known anyone with leftist values to give a damn about celebrities feelings in cases like this so it felt very fake to me when you claimed to be ‘very left’ or whatever. If you don’t know the basics about US imperialism than what knowledge or values do you have as a leftist? I’m not attack i’m genuinely curious. What do you think left values are?

I don’t care if anyone watches or enjoys those movies, knock yourself out. That doesn’t change the truth about them though.

.... dude, stop assuming what my morals are. You don't know me, I don't know you. :rip:

There are lefties out here that call people right leaning because they don't support communism... it's a spectrum. My point was, people being angry at individuals like Chris Evans during a time of national crisis feels redundant and tone-deaf (and I stand by that)... 

Having said that, I have learned a thing or two about Marvel and its ties to the pentagon and on some level I'm grateful; I would have remained ignorant otherwise.

Peroxide555

And again... Lady Gaga forum.

We're all here... because we care about a rich celebrity.

We're just part of the system ya'll :cryga:

GagaSine
1 minute ago, Peroxide555 said:

.... dude, stop assuming what my morals are. You don't know me, I don't know you. :rip:

There are lefties out here that call people right leaning because they don't support communism... it's a spectrum. My point was, people being angry at individuals like Chris Evans during a time of national crisis feels redundant and tone-deaf (and I stand by that)... 

Having said that, I have learned a thing or two about Marvel and its ties to the pentagon and on some level I'm grateful; I would have remained ignorant otherwise.

I’m not assuming, I was genuinely asking and yet you still didn’t answer?

personally I have zero anger or resentment at Chris Evans, like I said I don’t care about him at all. He was decent in Knives Out and I like the movie Sunshine. But it is a fact he promotes the US military both personally and with his film career. That’s all.

GagaSine
5 minutes ago, Reality said:

If you have the time, I highly recommend reading the comics or watching the movies to better understand the context of what's happening in the movies and actually how that is incongruent with what Trump and his supporters stand for lol 

Lmao are you serious...

Archived