💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Halsey dislikes fans saying she made them gay

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

_96683993_halsey-comp.jpg

So did the music video for “Ghost” propel it to the top of the charts? The track failed to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 at all. While the music video didn’t cause the song to become a radio hit, it caused a number of women to comment that Halsey made them gay. 

What upset Halsey about the reaction to the lesbian ‘Ghost’ music video

Halsey is not a fan of this response. “Then the comments underneath the video are ‘Halsey made me gay’, ‘Halsey’s so hot, she made me gay’ and they don’t understand that through this hyper-sexualised culture, what they think they’re doing is being accepting of homosexuality and really what they’re doing is insinuating that gay is something that you can be made, and that is counter-productive to my MO,” she said. “My MO is to normalise it, to make it understood. Comments like that come from this hyper-sexualised nature of the internet, this hyper-sensitive political correctness, and this crazy, crazy world of awareness. I think it’s positive, but there are products of it that are not positive, like kids saying, ‘Halsey made me gay’. I get what you’re trying to do, but it’s counter-productive because you don’t understand.”

:deadbanana:

Source

Hottie Detector

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

She's being a bit too literal for me.  Saying something "made me gay" is technically problematic, but it's mostly a funny compliment to say something awoke feelings.

I hate how politically correct everything is now, but it's not going to change so we might as well just obey when jokes are pointed out to have minor problems.  Anyone can take something related to a struggle they and others have experienced and blame the joke for being a mentality and thrive on the feeling of being offended.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Bradley

when people say "i died" it doesn't literally mean they died. or "I'm just a hole, sir." it doesn't literally mean the person is a hole.

Two words: figurative language.

dynamite

I see what she's saying but is it that serious? Don't people understand that it's a joke not meant to be taken literally? Or did I miss the part where people were believing that people changed their sexuality because they saw a hot singer on YouTube...

RAMROD

Bye then, not buying her make up.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

bryanspears

shes right and she should say it

i think shes referring to straight people who just say "x made me gay" when ever they see someone attractive of the opposite gender. Its become a common thing now especially on tiktok so i understand and agree with what she said. its annoying 

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, bryanspears said:

shes right and she should say it

i think shes referring to straight people who just say "x made me gay" when ever they see someone attractive of the opposite gender. Its become a common thing now especially on tiktok so i understand and agree with what she said. its annoying 

gay people also say "x made me straight", no one should take it serious :laughga:

JRCF29

Can I just say: What prevents me from really loving Halsey is her insistence on being holier than thou. I think her self image is tainted by a lot of conceit, and I think she tends to give herself far too much credit for musical genius while putting out just okay albums like "Manic." (for what it's worth, I think Badlands was good and hfk was a very strong, cohesive, refreshing album- but nothing groundbreaking)

Don't Call Me Gaga

bryanspears
6 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

gay people also say "x made me straight", no one should take it serious :laughga:

thats not it though. for some reason now, its seen as "cool" or "in" to appear and participate in queer culture unless youre actually a queer person. straight boys will paint their nails, wear make up, and put on skirts and girls we say things like "im bi but would never hookup with a girl" amongst other things because it has been deemed "alt", but the second a memeber of the lgbtq does it we are told to man up. its not same.

Chromatography
12 minutes ago, bryanspears said:

thats not it though. for some reason now, its seen as "cool" or "in" to appear and participate in queer culture unless youre actually a queer person. straight boys will paint their nails, wear make up, and put on skirts and girls we say things like "im bi but would never hookup with a girl" amongst other things because it has been deemed "alt", but the second a memeber of the lgbtq does it we are told to man up. its not same.

gay men don’t own nail polish, makeup, and skirts. straight men who aren’t afraid of being feminine are more than allowed to wear those things. wtf?

Archived