đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

His Dark Materials

BlueRose

Featured Posts

boyerased
1 hour ago, Esteban said:

Children are more open minded about this kind of topics and bible can appear as a fantasy tale for them too. I was 12 the first time I read the books and I took it as an initiatic journey with action, friendship, mysteries, epic battles, and a wonderful love story. :sara:
Even if I didn't understand everything it allowed me to be interested with serious philosophical, theological, physics, and  anthropological topics like nature/culture, oppression/freedom, hominization, quantum physics...
And it was only when I reread them with a sufficient cultural background that I saw all this deep layers, the ecological message, the criticism of religions and also, that I was able to see it as a rewriting of Paradise Lost of Milton.
So it works wonderfully for both children and adults in my opinion, this is a total masterpiece :applause:

You brought a very good point. I guess coming from a conservative country it gave me conservative views too with things. The books were never famous here, and a good number of devout Catholics would be shocked at the ending and how it deconstructed theology and intertwined it with Physics. Now I am in full belief that books like these are necessary to develop critical thinking at an early age, even if parents won’t agree.

I had a similar experience too. Reading the books during my formative years gave me a wider understanding of philosophy and faith. That was huge for a teenager. When I revisited them as an adult I got the same effect, albeit with a broader understanding of the nuances that point to more than just the literal theology theme. 

That complexity gave me apprehensions about the TV adaptation. I can’t imagine how can they translate to television the gravity and weight the books have. This is the same problem that I have with the forthcoming Foundation TV series.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omgggtg this last episode!!!!!!!! Ms Coulter, amazing episode for her. Her acting is amazing, her storyline I love it. The old man last episode... bad acting... 

oooommmggff I just finished the episode, the ending scene omg. If she dies I’m gonna cry!!

Rudz Xinc

What a disappointed season finale.  It's basically the same as episode 6. Quest searching for Will's dad.

We don't got to see the angels in physical form.

Look at those clowns

57 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

What a disappointed season finale.  It's basically the same as episode 6. Quest searching for Will's dad.

???? How did you even watch that already! There’s tonight’s episode and then another next week :wtfga:

yes and

I watched the 1st season, but stopped on the 2d one and won't continue watching it 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

youandi

I really liked the finale! I do think pacing has been strange this series but I think that’s only because in the first series it felt like they were going to a new location each episode. This series feels like there’s been a lot of set up for series 3 though. 

Okay like wtf there are news articles about the finale but it’s literally 2 episodes out :air: how are y’all getting such early access 

Sorcerer

Very emotional finale. :messga: The last episodes slowed down a bit that's why the pacing is a bit strange, and not a lot much happened since Will got the knife and the confrontation in London. But the whole season in general is still very good and much more dramatic. I'm quite sad that they haven't shot Season 3 yet and it might take a longer time to be released.

1 hour ago, Rudz Xinc said:

Season 2 originally had 8 episodes. They had a standalone episode for Asriel's travels which might've featured the angels more, but it wasn't filmed because of COVID. :( That's why the season also feels a bit stretched out. 

17 minutes ago, weed said:

Okay like wtf there are news articles about the finale but it’s literally 2 episodes out :air: how are y’all getting such early access 

It already aired in BBC One in the UK.

11 minutes ago, Sorceress said:

It already aired in BBC One in the UK

Oh woww that’s interesting, I wonder why a whole 8 days ahead!

Esteban

Nice finale even if Jopari is very bad written imo. A shame because I like Andrew Scott! :kara:
But: 

Spoiler

- No mention about his trepanation (even if he had the scar)
- No tragic non love story with a witch (important point, to state the loyalty of Jopari towards his family)
- And WORST OF ALL no mention of his bad health. Because you can't live long in a world which isn't yours, so I don't know how they'll explain it later...cause it'll be the key of the last drama...no more no less!

Another thing bothered me :

Spoiler

I wanted to see the reaction of Will when he discovers that Lyra disapeared. It would add so much to the drama and it would have strengthened their budding relationship. And people would realize of this two are deeply linked. But no... They keep his reaction for the begining of S3... anticlimatic.. And I wanted to see Baruch and Balthamos, my favorite gay angels :firega:

And also:

Spoiler

Lee is suposed to die as a hero, in the book, he achieves to kill all the magisterium guys before he dies. But in the show it isn't the case, and one enemy survived him in orderto kill Jopari instead of the witch.. WHY? one the best character didn't even had a full glory before its death

Besides that it was, nevertheless, a good season that I enjoyed a lot ! :) 

Archived