Slovakialop

Featured Posts

I hear the haters getting dry won't you rain on them yeah yeah :billie:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Regina George said:

Okay then the best measurement of objective likeness should be the overall popularity and success of songs. And I'll let that speak for itself. 

but in that case Savage and WAP would still hold their places...and this list isn't measuring objective likeness. It is measuring "best" which would, reasonably, be a combination of popularity, relevance, musical quality, etc. What I was saying that the songs towards the top of the list rank in a number of these categories. This person clearly felt that WAP, Savage, and ROM ranked highly in some combination of these categories. In fact, all of these songs reached #1, had virality, and were praised for musicality. Again, I am not going to police you personally being pressed, but it is not unbelievable that these songs are where they are regardless of what you personally think of them.

Jose P

Oh god why are y’all fighting over a list some publication made? It’s not even a big award or career defining achievement. If you don’t agree that’s fine, let’s be a little happy they chose Gaga for their #1. I don’t even agree but I’m glad to see it there. MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE. If whoever made this list thinks it’s better than Physical or any other song then so be it. It’s not like ROM is an abomination of a track where it’s absolutely impossible to think anyone would consider it the best. Like wow you would think her fans would appreciate recognition, but instead drag it by saying other artists deserved. Like I said, unless it was a horrible awful song, what’s the problem with seeing it get praised?

And for anyone thinking, Blinding Lights isn’t even from 2020.

tyler k
7 hours ago, Regina George said:

If the artist already explains meaning of something then it is the only meaning possible. 

wow that’s an incredibly close-minded way to consume art & media. 

you must’ve been terrible at open analytical discussions in your Literature classes:billie:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Good to see Bob Dylan on their list, that song is amazing:tea:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

lilboyblue

The song especially its lyrics paired with the social milieu it was released in is what makes "Rain On Me" beautiful. Height of the pandemic, it personally resonated with me because it allowed me to say "hey, at least I'm alive..." and be thankful, and sort of gave me the permission to feel joy by "dancing through the pain."

It's powerful really. The Guardian is right on.

Regina George
1 hour ago, tmo13 said:

wow that’s an incredibly close-minded way to consume art & media. 

you must’ve been terrible at open analytical discussions in your Literature classes:billie:

Ok

James Gibson

Great list. Fiona Apple and Bob Dylan's inclusions excite me a lot.

And ofc the great #1. You guys are so unnecessarily harsh. Its just a list and ROM is a banger

GagaSine

What an interesting list! Love seeing Perfume Genius on there. Rain On Me certainly hits a certain way due to the global situation, regardless of the creators intention. :ohwell:

Archived