đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Halsey : Grammy is about making sure you help the Academy make their $$

Teletubby

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Cause here's the problem: y'all keep trying to push this narrative that the Grammys are corrupt (which they are, to an extent), but as soon as Gaga gets nominated or performs at the Grammys, y'all ~coincidentally~ just forget about all the sh*t you've been talking about. Y'all at least need to be consistent with the messaging. Cause the Grammys aren't gonna change anything unless y'all actually make it a point to boycott them or whatever. Cause so far, it's all talk and no show. 

It's validation.Everyone wants validation and to be seen. Especially by the most prestigious and historied music award and show in the US. 

But like you said there needs to be mass boycotting, by talent and consumers. Until they see that purse shrink, they won't be inclined to change anything.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tyler k
7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I agree with her, she'll never get nominated or win again after saying this :sweat:

Mariah and Britney talked badly about the Grammy's and we all know what happened

And that needs to change!!!!

people shouldn’t get blacklisted for revealing things people should know! 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

ALGAYDO
30 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Her seeking those validations and saying her album deserved to be there is a clear answer. You don't need to know someone to be able to see how their reactions are coming from a place of bitterness and not actual wokeness. 

What’s wrong with wanting your work to be recognized while also acknowledging that such validations are ultimately worthless? Isn’t that basically what she’s saying? Just a complicated way of saying “my work deserved better but it’s fine that it didn’t because the Grammys aren’t worth what they used to be” 

Regina George
4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

What’s wrong with wanting your work to be recognized while also acknowledging that such validations are ultimately worthless? Isn’t that basically what she’s saying? Just a complicated way of saying “my work deserved better but it’s fine that it didn’t because the Grammys aren’t worth what they used to be” 

It's wrong because it's contradiction. How can't you see that? If she doesn't need validation from Grammy's then why drag them and basically say that your album deserves to be nominated there?

BornAsUnic0rn
44 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think Abel's situation is different than most. Usually if I saw an artist complaining about not getting a grammy, I'd be like, "Well, they're just bitter about it," but because Abel's album and songs were objectively some of the biggest of the year, it's hard to just ignore the fact that he didn't get nominated for a single category.

That said, when people like Bieber complain about Changes being nominated in the wrong category (even though he has four nominations this year) and when Halsey just inserts her own album like "Oh, btw, Manic deserved better too," to me, it's just sort of icky. 

Also though, after everyone here has been so anti-Grammys this year, y'all better not scream "YAAAASSS GAGA! OH MY GOD!" the next time she releases an album/song that gets nominated. Cause here's the problem: y'all keep trying to push this narrative that the Grammys are corrupt (which they are, to an extent), but as soon as Gaga gets nominated or performs at the Grammys, y'all ~coincidentally~ just forget about all the sh*t you've been talking about. Y'all at least need to be consistent with the messaging. Cause the Grammys aren't gonna change anything unless y'all actually make it a point to boycott them or whatever. Cause so far, it's all talk and no show. 

The Grammys ARE the biggest award and stamp of approval in the music industry, especially since they are basically the only awards in the music industry that are given by your peers/the industry. And they mean a lot to Gaga. So of course we will be happy if she and our other faves get them.

Pointing out the flaws the Grammys have and talking about them doesn’t mean they don’t hold some weight or credibility. If they wouldn’t hold weight, we wouldn’t talk about it. Also talking about the issues the Grammys have is in no way blaming the artists the system benefits.

Looking at the issues the Oscars are facing with the lack of nominating and awarding anything but white, nobody is saying the Oscars are meaningless, and nobody is saying these white people didn’t deserve the recognition.

BornAsUnic0rn
24 minutes ago, Regina George said:

It's wrong because it's contradiction. How can't you see that? If she doesn't need validation from Grammy's then why drag them and basically say that your album deserves to be nominated there?

You wouldn’t have the same standpoint if it were Gaga saying this. How hard is it to understand that an artist likes being validated for their great work, regardless of how they view it themselves. 

If we look at Gaga: Not getting a Grammy for Born This Way doesn’t make Born This Way less great or impactful. But getting a Grammy for it sure as hell makes you feel like your peers are saying you did something right, which feels great.

Awards don’t make the effort that’s being awarded or nominated better than it is or better than other things released in that timeframe, but they give the artist a validation for their great work.

Regina George
3 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

You wouldn’t have the same standpoint if it were Gaga saying this.

I would. I'm objective.

3 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

If we look at Gaga: Not getting a Grammy for Born This Way doesn’t make Born This Way less great or impactful. But getting a Grammy for it sure as hell makes you feel like your peers are saying you did something right, which feels great.

Awards don’t make the effort that’s being awarded or nominated better than it is or better than other things released in that timeframe, but they give the artist a validation for their great work.

But Adele releases better album that year and therefore she got the award. Doesn't mean BTW is bad or something. 

I agree with the last statement but I don't think Halsey did something groundbreaking or award worthy compared to her peers.

ALGAYDO
41 minutes ago, Regina George said:

She didn’t say they were a scam or anything of that nature, just that they aren’t what they appear to be. Doesn’t mean she wouldn’t like to be recognized for her effort. If she thinks her album deserves to be recognized, so be it. Most labeled artists do. Even when the validation is superficial. Otherwise they’d be indie artists. 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

She didn’t say they were a scam or anything of that nature, just that they aren’t what they appear to be. Doesn’t mean she wouldn’t like to be recognized for her effort. If she thinks her album deserves to be recognized, so be it. Most labeled artists do. Even when the validation is superficial. Otherwise they’d be indie artists. 

I honestly think she wouldn't speak up if she was nominated. That's all. I see what she's doing and I said she made some points but seeing her mentioning her album and saying she deserved just makes it feel like she's bitter. 

Teletubby
Just now, Regina George said:

I honestly think she wouldn't speak up if she was nominated.

no one with nomination will speak up, she has nothing to lose so she can speak and rest just can't :trollga:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

ALGAYDO
4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I honestly think she wouldn't speak up if she was nominated. That's all. I see what she's doing and I said she made some points but seeing her mentioning her album and saying she deserved just makes it feel like she's bitter. 

She’s been speaking up against the Grammys long before she even released an album. This ain’t something new from her, maybe you don’t follow her and didn’t know that, but she’s been vocal about the shadiness going on in the Grammys for years now, even when she was nominated in the past. 

ItWasntLaauv

Yeah, she’s right about people being snubbed for weird reasons, I would’ve loved to see FKA twigs, Jessie Ware, and Lana in the lineup. The snubbery is too real, but I can’t really say Manic was snubbed tbh, at least in my opinion. :gum:

Chromatography

stop sending in noms every year if you don’t like what the grammys mean and how to get them.

Archived