💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Grammys Genre Classifications In Part To Blame For The Weeknd Snub

Economy

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, IllusionLover said:

Well, if votes split bc an album could be 3 different genres, why don't stick to the genre It's labeled as? That would make more sense or else Chromatica would be nominated on the Electronic/Dance music category.

Then, theoretically, Chromatica could've been submitted as a Rock album and move up to nomination unchecked. Thats supposed to be the point of the screening committees but the screening process is just as subjective. 

An voter wrote an article about his experience being on the screening committee for Best Reggae Album:

Members of that committee were not supposed to concern ourselves with quality—our job was to determine whether each album belonged in the Reggae category. The rules stated that 51% of the album’s tracks had to consist of reggae music (a genre that includes such disparate styles as roots reggae, ska, dub, and dancehall). Some albums were easy to categorize while others posed more of a challenge. Where, for instance, was the line between dancehall and electronica or rap or alternative?

Hate Me Now: What It's Like To Be A Grammy Voter

https://www.complex.com/music/2014/01/how-does-grammy-voting-work

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Imagine if they had totally snubbed Billie last year after Bad Guy was such a smash hit, because her album and song didn't fit into a genre :air:

And I said eeewwwwww I'm blinded by the lies

f-ck the Grammy's

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Imagine if they had totally snubbed Billie last year after Bad Guy was such a smash hit, because her album and song didn't fit into a genre :air:

This :huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

Dr Fudge

Ummm Blinding Lights is very pop. Pure pop. It should have easily fit the mold for record and song of the year.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Anderson123

That doesn't make any sense, it should've been nominated for Album, Record and Song. I also feel like if this is true, Gaga and hear team should've submitted Chromatica to Dance Album and Rain On Me to Dance Recording (instead of Alice if the rumors are true), it'd have had better chances of winning because Folklore and Future Nostalgia are clearly leading the votes.

Teletubby

Lemonade got nomination for best rock performance ("Don't Hurt Yourself" with Jack White), pop solo performance ("Hold Up"), rap/sung performance ("Freedom" with Kendrick Lamar) +  'Daddy Lessons'  was push into country category but was rejected by Grammy Country Committee.

Still got urban contemporary album nomination. Shouldn't votes also split into other categories so it wouldn't get nomination for album in any field?

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived