Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Maybe future nostalgia took chromatica's place

RenegAde

Featured Posts

halcyonpop

It's clear that the Academy wasn't going for mainstream picks this time around. They only chose three of the biggest mainstream projects of the year. I don't think anybody took Chromatica's place, she simply wasn't on their mind this time around.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I think it was the fact Dua promoted it down people's throats and Gaga was very laid back in terms of promotion. But I do ageee that Gaga deserved a lot more than the two

There’s a difference between shoving promo down throats and actually delivering quality content and a fully fleshed out album campaign. Dua’s campaign was impeccable, none of it ever screamed “overexposed”

It’s the textbook definition of a standard album era 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

xoxo Craig
Just now, Stef said:

There’s a difference between shoving promo down throats and actually delivering quality content and a fully fleshed out album campaign. Dua’s campaign was impeccable, none of it ever screamed “overexposed”

Not saying it was overexposed, but you can't deny that it did feel forced at times. The fact she put out a whole remix album with Madonna, and now she's got another project related to FN coming up... as well as Spotify playlist and other things. She was promoted heavily down people's throats. Gaga's promotion lasted like a month

End Racism Now

Stephen

Anyone trying to argue Gaga's lack of promo is the reason for her lack of noms is deluded and just trying to mentally find a way to "punish" Gaga for not doing more.

Artists who promoted heavily were snubbed and artists who barely did anything were rewarded with many noms. Pack it up because it's not landing.

2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Not saying it was overexposed, but you can't deny that it did feel forced at times. The fact she put out a whole remix album with Madonna, and now she's got another project related to FN coming up... as well as Spotify playlist and other things. She was promoted heavily down people's throats. Gaga's promotion lasted like a month

It didn’t feel forced. It felt like a proper album experience. Everything was on point. From the television performances to the content on the side, to the innovative virtual performances. The remix album was such a cool idea, and it’s something I’ve always wanted Gaga to explore and chromatica perfectly lends itself to that. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

flyaway

You know what, we should be thankful for the music. Gaga has been considering leaving music since ARTPOP, and the fact that she decided to keep going and doing these amazing records is the only thing that matters. It's all that matters. Beyond the accolades, the critics, the sales, the most important is the amazing things we get to have and Chromatica is one of them.

She already has 11 grammys, isn't that enough? Let's just be grateful for what we get. 

xoxo Craig
Just now, Stephen said:

Anyone trying to argue Gaga's lack of promo is the reason for her lack of noms is deluded and just trying to mentally find a way to "punish" Gaga for not doing more.

Artists who promoted heavily were snubbed and artists who barely did anything were rewarded with many noms. Pack it up because it's not landing.

Promotion does help. Not saying it was the entire cause. But had she promoted it more she would have had a higher chance. 

There are artists who pushed their album a lot who got snubbed like The Weekend. But clearly thats because they are racist and didn't like the way he called out racism. 

At the end of the day, its her choice whether she wants to promote or not. But if she promoted Chromatica like how she promoted Shallow/Million Reasons, she'd be in with a  better shout. 

End Racism Now

RenegAde
11 minutes ago, Red said:

idk I'm so disappointed with what they did to The Weeknd that I'm not that mad about Chromatica's nominations. I usually don't pay that much attention to awards tbh but like, that was not okay...

The weekends case is just the most ridiculous thing they have done but i  feel like the fact he wasnt nominated  at all gives us the idea that something fishy is going on, he probably pissed off some exec. But with gaga its like what really is the reason for leaving rain on me out for best music video, ?

Glamourpuss

The more people talk about promo and album campaigns the more it makes me feel grateful that Gaga did what she wanted this year and let the music speak for itself because it all feels so fake. I don't want to stan an artist who spends so much time trying to get noticed by the Grammy's. The fact she released it with little promo and got 2 nominations is an excellent achievement, because she did things her way and it still paid off. 

HausOfAntonio
22 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

To be honest Dua deserved it better :trollga:

Deserved it because she promoted it to the moon and back or because its the better album? :oprah:

Regina George

Future Nostalgia took nobodies place! That album deserved to be there and Dua worked hard for that! Can y'all stop coming for hard working females who finally achieve something? 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Deserved it because she promoted it to the moon and back or because its the better album? :oprah:

Why are y'all blaming promo when 90% of albums there didn't have ANY? Like literally any promo.. It's not about my opinion or yours. People who are relevant liked FN more than Chromatica and y'all will have to deal. 

RenegAde
3 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

The more people talk about promo and album campaigns the more it makes me feel grateful that Gaga did what she wanted this year and let the music speak for itself because it all feels so fake. I don't want to stan an artist who spends so much time trying to get noticed by the Grammy's. The fact she released it with little promo and got 2 nominations is an excellent achievement, because she did things her way and it still paid off. 

Thank you for this perspective 

Regina George
12 minutes ago, Stef said:

It didn’t feel forced. It felt like a proper album experience. Everything was on point. From the television performances to the content on the side, to the innovative virtual performances. The remix album was such a cool idea, and it’s something I’ve always wanted Gaga to explore and chromatica perfectly lends itself to that. 

THANK YOU!

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived