💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga to perform at a virtual event

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

rasclautmangos

Well, the "performance" definitely wasn't what I was expecting from Gaga, not gonna lie. 

Perhaps it's our own fault for expecting something we weren't even promised to begin with :oops:

At least she did a little commentary. She looked really cute. That's something.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga: raises money for charity, not herself
some of y'all: "money hungry! money grab machine!"

The BTW Foundation, the COVID response fund, this lupus research... if she were a lazy money-hungry witch, she wouldn't make an appearance at a fundraising gala, and she wouldn't use an older and more personal song instead of promoting a current-era single :toofunny: It's okay to just say the editing tonight was lousy and odd and leave it at that, you don't need to get hyperbolic about her character too and assign her bad motives.

⚡đŸČ

I wonder what impelled her to read this very simple bit off an autocue? Paired with her over acting it just feels very performative and inherently dishonest, even when it’s not. It’s especially awkward knowing the event is about something very close to Gaga and her loved ones. It sure looked spiritless all around, the effort was not there.

Cello

Anyone else sick and tired of little monstrosities whinging and moaning on every thread about Gaga doing literally anything?

She is clearly not going to perform a Chromatica medley at a Lupus charity gala. Grow up and learn to manage your expectations, stop ruining things for everyone else. 

she/her đŸ‘čđŸ–€ | đŸš«Tabloid JunkieđŸŽ¶

CHROMATICON

I feel like all of this drama will come to an end the day Gaga decides to explain everything. We all have different theories about what is going on with her and her almost clear-as-water lack of passion for her music lately. Some say she’s lazy, others, that she’s just a money-hungry woman from the Hollywood elite, others, that her health in general is the problem. I personally think it’s all about her healing process, maybe it's the therapy and medications? I don't know, but what I do know is that we, as fans, at least deserve to know what's happening with her. 

Gaga deserves privacy, I know she does, but I think I speak for most of us in here when I say that we don't want explanations because she owe us anything, I think it's because we are genuinely worried and conflicted about who she is right now and what's going on. Maybe is because we grew up with Gaga being so transparent about who she was, about her art, she exuded passion, theatre, fierceness, she had a personality and suddenly it all went down. It’s no coincidence that, as harsh as it sounds, most of this fanbase feels like Gaga‘s work seems a bit half assed in a way lately. We just want to know from Gaga herself, if she’s not doing alright or just doesn't want to promote it's ok, but KNOWING something would be nice. 

CHROMATICON
13 minutes ago, Cello said:

Anyone else sick and tired of little monstrosities whinging and moaning on every thread about Gaga doing literally anything?

She is clearly not going to perform a Chromatica medley at a Lupus charity gala. Grow up and learn to manage your expectations, stop ruining things for everyone else. 

No one expected her to perform a Chromatica medley in costume Mugler or anything, and trust me, most of us doesn't really have high expectations from Gaga since a few years now. Yes, some people are being extremely rude to her but most of us are disappointed in the fact that this video is soooo horribly edited and she didn't even bother to present a decent video. I know it's a small event for Lupus research but still, it's very weird how an artist like Lady Gaga can deliver... that. 

1 hour ago, Ivy said:

After reading the whole thread I was prepared for the worst...

But I didn't actually think it was bad? I liked the black and white effect, and I can see why she wanted to use this instead of just her at a piano. The concert footage gives a different emotion to it. Also I liked the audience shots and sound of the audience.

The only weird thing was the way the sound dropped off for the second part of the video, but maybe they meant for it to be that way like a background to the photo of Joanne.

Overall I think it had a gritty commemorative look to it, and because of the audience setting it didn't draw all the attention to Gaga. I think it fit to the event very well.

I rarely comments on anything these days...

On my way to work and decided to open a read the thread.... It's honestly so sad to read some comments, completely derespectful, towards Gaga personally.

Just choose your words better people... Especially if you want to criticize something or someone, being a friend, a coworker or an even an artist.

Anyways I enjoyed the performance (remind me the JWT, that I loved so much), enjoyed her little clip and words, specially enjoyed that she was involved in this charaty event, and helped bringing attention to the cause .  I know that the foundation loved that she supported the cause.

Cello
17 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

No one expected her to perform a Chromatica medley in costume Mugler or anything, and trust me, most of us doesn't really have high expectations from Gaga since a few years now. Yes, some people are being extremely rude to her but most of us are disappointed in the fact that this video is soooo horribly edited and she didn't even bother to present a decent video. I know it's a small event for Lupus research but still, it's very weird how an artist like Lady Gaga can deliver... that. 

I'm not mad about people making critisicms on the quality and things like that, I think that's fair game. I just don't like to see people being rude and calling her 'money grabbing' etc when she is doing a good thing for charity. And the shady, immature comments that pop up in most threads are getting so tired.. 

1 hour ago, Alice 911 said:

There is always something with a Gaga performance these last years. Or her voice isn't great or the song is poorly choosen.

She indeed is becoming extremely lazy and just a money grab machine, we no longer can denie that.

It's very sad and true. I loved her so much and literally was obsessed with her.

But her art, her albums her performance aren't the same and maybe this one is the key, why I'm missing something. She doesn't care about it, lost her 'fire', she is lazy, anyone can try to prove the opposite, but the fact, she is lazy and wanna money. The Haus Labs horrendous campaign, she looks like an artificial dummy in the ads in a bad way. ( I like her crazy side, but this one is a no for me) 

Buut, I love Chromatica, she delivered a quality album, it doesn't contain the Gaga essential, or just a small part of it, but it's really cool. 90% 

numb the flame
4 hours ago, Jed said:

You said so whiney and entitled. “If she doesnt use this charity event to promote her new single...” just grow up already

I really don't think it's too much of fans to ask their favourite artist to promote their new material. In nine (9) months we've had one (1) performance so I don't think it's that bad of us to expect Chromatica content whenever she's announced as a performer anywhere since artists generally promote their newest work whenever they can. 

numb the flame

Overall, I think the performance was cute. I agree with others who said the cuts between her talking and the pitch change in the audio are well to put it plainly a mess, it could be possible though that maybe the audio from the first half is from NYC when it was raining and the second half is from the Birmingham recordings but I guess we'll never know. 

Justin Drew Bieber
17 minutes ago, Yxcvbnm said:

It's very sad and true. I loved her so much and literally was obsessed with her.

But her art, her albums her performance aren't the same and maybe this one is the key, why I'm missing something. She doesn't care about it, lost her 'fire', she is lazy, anyone can try to prove the opposite, but the fact, she is lazy and wanna money. The Haus Labs horrendous campaign, she looks like an artificial dummy in the ads in a bad way. ( I like her crazy side, but this one is a no for me) 

Buut, I love Chromatica, she delivered a quality album, it doesn't contain the Gaga essential, or just a small part of it, but it's really cool. 90% 

All the nonsense you’re spilling is untrue, and it doesn’t surprise me that you have a Madonna avatar. If she lost her fire then why did she release 911, her best music video in years, just 3 months ago? We don’t have to try to prove that she isn’t lazy, because this year has shown that she’s a hardworking woman, and no, just because she doesn’t wear a bra and thong and goes out looking flawleSs GorL doesn’t mean she’s lazy. You saying you love Chromatica doesn’t mean that your first paragraph is true.

Cello
27 minutes ago, Yxcvbnm said:

she is lazy, anyone can try to prove the opposite, but the fact, she is lazy and wanna money. The Haus Labs horrendous campaign, she looks like an artificial dummy in the ads in a bad way.

This is gross. 

8 minutes ago, Quran said:

This forum is so far off the deep end, it’s truly sad. Gaga could literally kill someone and the delusional gays here would run to her defense. 
but it’s actually telling. „S-stop living through her!“ they say, DYING inside because they are desperate for anything. Then they get angry that the select few that call her out on her bullshit aren’t happy with crumbles.

Yes, you are well aware that Gaga doesn’t give one **** anymore. „She gave us an album during a pandemic!“, so does everyone, kiddo. But funny that you mention that album, Gaga doesn’t seem to remember it. She never cared for it. She wasn’t getting tired of telling the story of how she had to be dragged into the studio to record it. There’s not one production credit. It’s a bloodpop album she sang over. 2008-2012 Gaga is rolling in her Grave. 
„she gave us music video productions during a pandemic!“, SL (she delivered her cheapest video so that she can get Apple sponsorship) and ROM were filmed pre-COVID. 911 is.. the directors vision and everything. Once again, she was the Fessel for someone’s ideas and creativity. I can guarantee, had there not been a sponsorship, she wouldn’t even have thought of filming another video. 
Theres seriously so much to count this era that went wrong, and yes, it’s her fault. People have to stop making excuses and candy-coat everything. „I hope she doesn’t read this thread :(„ LMAOO as if she would visit this site in the first place in 2020. you’re seriously stuck in 2012. im sure she’s aware how her fans feel this era, and i dear to god hope her incompetent team is aware that we all hate them. But the thing is, she doesn’t care. 
the brave rock star in a pop stars body is dead. We Stan a Malibu housewife that releases Ibiza tunes on the side now. There’s not one ounce of authenticity left. 

it’s funny in hindsight when she was shading Madonna in that pretentious interview, when she said „oh we‘re not similar at all. I write and produce all my music ;)„.. which was gross considering the fact that Madonna does so as well. But, it’s like, no, thats not the thing that differentiates you. it’s that unlike your LA-socialite ass, Madonna didn’t give up 10 years into her career. 

Im sorry but there is so much wrong with your comment i cant believe you went out of your way to write all of this negative bullshit 

Archived