💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I feel like she doesn't know how to be gaga anymore. I get that we've had moments with "crazy-ga" but it doesn't have that same passion, to me at least. Enigma was where it was truly evident to me that she no longer knows how to do "gaga". IT felt, like another user mentioned, like a parody of herself. Chromatica feels like she forced herself to put out music that she thinks we'd like. Not music or a concept that she's 100% behind. 

Idk what's going on with her and I have/will always support this woman through her endeavors because a talent like hers is extremely rare. Just don't feel that same connection with her recent work like i used to. 

Answer: depression and chronic pain. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
2 hours ago, MoonIight said:

Ok so hear me out, I am in no means trying to drag or insult Gaga or her team but I just have to get this feeling out of my chest that I've had for a very long time.

These kind of statements are in fact always a guarantee the post is going to do exactly what the person claims they are not going to do.  Just own up to the fact that you are in fact going to drag Gaga and her team instead of trying to pretend otherwise.

Runway

So what you say is she is doing the bare minimum and still slaying and winning awards. I love her power it amazes me sometimes :heart:

giskardsb
17 minutes ago, Reez said:

Do you know what I think actually? I think she's doing all this advertising etc. cause she can't make enough money through her music right now (not being able to tour etc.). So she is reaching for other ways of making money. After all, she's got a lot of people behind her that need to get payed. 

video's arn't cheap to make and nobody is buying albums anymore.  Fans can't really simultaneously refuse to pay for music products while getting annoyed when artists turn to sponsorships to make up the difference.   Music fans have decided to treat music as a free commodity and are ruining their own industry.   The pop machine takes a lot of money maintain the standards pop fans want.  Besides its not exactly the first time product placement has shown up in Gaga videos.

Remember when she would post those beautiful webcam jazz covers on YouTube during cheek to cheek era because she wanted to? Or those Gagavision filmed by her on a potato and edited on iMovie instead of some impersonal behind the scenes. Note how she barely promoted Chromatica unless it was for some sponsorship or if Scooter forced her to cause if ROM flopped, it would ruin Ariana's image. 

She obviously isn't as passionate and excited. I think after ARTPOP "flopped" and the industry pressure to make a "hit record" again, made her less confident. One of the reasons I love Gaga was hearing her explain the meaning and themes of the album. She clearly didn't have a real message to say to the world with Joanne. She very much as a clear image for Chromatica, that I love and she drifted away from it so early.

A part of me secretly wishes that she's waiting for the right moment to attack. Imagine when Joe Biden officially gets inaugurated she performed rain on me, since America made it alive. Then when COVID cases settle, she releases Babylon and how we all battled for life through the pandemic. 

GagaSine

I absolutely would not say she ‘half-asses’ everything but she certainly seems to have different motivations/interests.

I’m sure it’s not all mental health related, but depression really really robs you of your passion if it’s severe enough. She was struggling pre- & during ARTPOP but I think the past couple of years have also been very hard. A long term relationship blew up and her best friend died. That stuff changes you. She genuinely seems to hate being famous imo.

But that is something that I so struggle to understand about her. She has wealth, royalties alone would sustain that if she doesn’t buy another mansion or whatever. Yet she is using her image to sell things, some would say more than she has before. If fame is a prison, why actively perpetuate it? If she wanted she could live somewhere more private than Malibu, & make music consistently without experiencing ‘fame’ on the same level as she used to. Instead she consistently makes moves to increase her fame/visibility to the public. She easily could have funded 911 on her own without the LG sponsorship, so why do it? Maybe she’s saving up to buy every little monster a house lol :enigma: (kidding, obviously)

Of course we can not know her true plans/motivations. Maybe she is saving up for an epic tour or something.

I think she is still a great performer though 

SLAYing
2 hours ago, MoonIight said:

That was exactly what I meant. The cringy acting, out of breath vocals (which were completely not the case with her til 2016), the messy production, which she's never had in her early days, the bad choreography... I could go on and on but let's just be glad we got that perf from this era d :selena:

Budd.. You do realize that she was performing wearing that big ass mask on her face belting out vocals & dancing!! 

She not only put on a show but made a statement about the artist respecting the fact that not just the dancers are supposed to wear a mask but the performers aswell! 

Instagram : saurabh_slays

2 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Stopped reading here. 

Same! Her vocals getting worse? In what world 

29 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I feel like she doesn't know how to be gaga anymore. I get that we've had moments with "crazy-ga" but it doesn't have that same passion, to me at least. Enigma was where it was truly evident to me that she no longer knows how to do "gaga". IT felt, like another user mentioned, like a parody of herself. Chromatica feels like she forced herself to put out music that she thinks we'd like. Not music or a concept that she's 100% behind. 

Idk what's going on with her and I have/will always support this woman through her endeavors because a talent like hers is extremely rare. Just don't feel that same connection with her recent work like i used to. 

But that's exactly what she is saying all the time recently.  It's a common thing to not feel like yourself when suffering from depression. It's a battle.

In 5 foot 2 she says something like the ARTPOP Gaga and before was a girl, and from then on she is a woman. I also remember she said something like you can’t mature with the fame, like she was stuck being 22 and couldn’t grow normally because of her fame.

She makes it pretty obvious, especially after putting out an album about mental health and releasing songs about PTSD and antipsychotic medication. It’s completely normal and I can’t even imagine how I would be in her situation. I’m just thinking about how different I was compared to 5 years ago, and that’s me with no depression or fame or anything.

Borislshere
9 minutes ago, Reez said:

But that's exactly what she is saying all the time recently.  It's a common thing to not feel like yourself when suffering from depression. It's a battle.

I'm aware of how depression works which is why I wish she put out music and content reflecting how she truly feels and not try to live up to her past self. I'm not her so I can't speak for her but I don't feel a connection between her and her recent work. 

MoonIight
30 minutes ago, SLAYing said:

Budd.. You do realize that she was performing wearing that big ass mask on her face belting out vocals & dancing!! 

She not only put on a show but made a statement about the artist respecting the fact that not just the dancers are supposed to wear a mask but the performers aswell! 

Ariana was wearing a mask and she still nailed every note... And that's beside the point, you can clearly see her being out of breath on any Enigma show, the Superbowl Sunday thing she did in January etc etc.

Putang Ina Mo
2 hours ago, OBO said:

She needs to treat us like Rihanna treat her fans, sometime I just wish she can be more unapologetic.

If she wanna sell make up products, or be a movie star I'm here for it. But after this era, I think she needs to put herself care at the first place.

Unapologetic ≠ Rude

https://www.bustle.com/articles/24608-rihanna-makes-fun-of-fans-prom-bat-outfit-its-totally-uncalled-for-photo

my username says it all 🇵🇭

If you're expecting 2008-2012 Gaga, then yeah, I can see how you'd feel this way, especially if you're a long-time fan.

You can also look at it this way – one thing that is ever true about Gaga is that she is still surprising and unpredictable, and maybe you just don't like that.

You expect her to follow up ARTPOP with a more tamed pop album that will hopefully jumpstart her career and get her back on top? She releases Cheek to Cheek and ventures into acting on American Horror Story.

You think she couldn't possibly follow up Cheek to Cheek with anything but a pop album, and what's she release? A country-and-rock tinged effort called Joanne, and still shows she's one of the best live performers alive today at the Super Bowl.

You think MAYBE she'll get around to being a popstar again? Stars and writes in a critically acclaimed film, wins an Oscar, scores another #1 when it looked like that might never happen again.

And so given all that, I can see why following Gaga as a fan can be disorienting – you're really stanning a singer-writer-producer-actor-businesswoman rolled into one and, like Rihanna's activities, that pisses off her original core fans who signed up for a TF/TFM-style popstar.

7 years later, she finally delivered on another pop album, but, like always, it wasn't exactly what you expected. She didn't set out to recreate TF, TFM, or BTW – Chromatica is certainly in its own category of pop record, while also quintessentially Gaga.

You think she'll continue promoting an album during a pandemic and fraught election cycle? Nope, and I kinda love it. I love how little ****s she gives. Bitch is doing what SHE wants to do, and imma support her through every twist and turn.

Archived