music news

Marina - Man's World - Nov 18

joannethenight

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imnotyourbabe10

The L+F hate :saladga:.  I am a FROOT stan (well, ever era of hers stan) but L+F grew on me! She's so introspective.
Existential beauty in: Handmade Heaven; End of the Earth; To Be Human; even in Superstar
Pop fun in: Enjoy Your Life; Karma; No More Suckers

Excited for this news.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Karma; No More Suckers

Neither of these two songs are particularly fun...

One is about abuse of power and sexual assault, and the other is about toxic friendships and their impact on her mental health

Don't Call Me Gaga

Sneaky Oliver

I hope it’s not another airy vocal ballad like the ones from Love + Fear :enigma: give us a bop 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Magneto
17 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

The L+F hate :saladga:.  I am a FROOT stan (well, ever era of hers stan) but L+F grew on me! She's so introspective.
Existential beauty in: Handmade Heaven; End of the Earth; To Be Human; even in Superstar
Pop fun in: Enjoy Your Life; Karma; No More Suckers

Excited for this news.  Thank you!

I know right. I always loved her, but I definitely see L+F as my favorite. It came at a very special time and holds a dear place in my heart

Free my mind

Chromatography
20 hours ago, Spock said:

I have to say, post Fear + Fear and that entire era I am very skeptical :selena:

If this were post Froot I would have been extremely hyped but now I’ll just wait and see

so sad that MARINA’s first 3 albums are absolute gems, some of my favorites, and she makes one more lackluster album and suddenly people are skeptical of her. :noparty:

imnotyourbabe10
15 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

Neither of these two songs are particularly fun...

One is about abuse of power and sexual assault, and the other is about toxic friendships and their impact on her mental health

Thank you for clarifying. I hadn’t picked up on that! Was not trying to be insensitive. 

It is really interesting how some artists use the guise of pop to talk about heavy topics like that.

Healed My Heart

Sorry if this is obvious, but does anyone know if this is a single or a full album coming on the 18th?

She/her 💗💜💙

Emigrante
7 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

Sorry if this is obvious, but does anyone know if this is a single or a full album coming on the 18th?

I think it's only single. Too bad though. I would love to hear the whole thing!

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

32 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Thank you for clarifying. I hadn’t picked up on that! Was not trying to be insensitive. 

It is really interesting how some artists use the guise of pop to talk about heavy topics like that.

I will admit they sound fun, and were fun to sing along to in concert, but content-wise not so much lol. Doesn't mean they can't still be upbeat pop songs, because the messages in both are positive

Don't Call Me Gaga

Archived