💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Harry Styles for Vogue Magazine + Acoustic “Cherry”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

16 hours ago, Comet said:

Live and let live. It frustrates me to see people define how others get to express themselves especially on a Stan forum for a pop artist who is near synonymous with self love/self expression. 

Yeah if theres anything ive come to realize since associating myself with this community it’s that more than plenty of us give absolutely no ****s about kindness, not bullying and not taking down other artists even in the defense of gaga. Things shes asked all of us not to do is almost promised. Literally go to the first page of any thread about any artist (gaga included and sometimes even worse quite frankly) and you have people being negative. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jed said:

Yeah if theres anything ive come to realize since associating myself with this community it’s that more than plenty of us give absolutely no ****s about kindness, not bullying and not taking down other artists even in the defense of gaga. Things shes asked all of us not to do is almost promised. Literally go to the first page of any thread about any artist (gaga included and sometimes even worse quite frankly) and you have people being negative. 

This.

Unfortunately a lot of fans are totally insecure and have to project that onto others. You'd think Gaga fans would be some of the most freedom loving welcoming liberal queer kids that existed but maybe she failed in her legacy to do so.

Quartz

Aside from the first photo, I think the fashion was really on point. It's not just about having the freedom to clothe however you want. If it's stylish, it's not gonna matter.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

it's groundbreaking to see a male break the barrier between female clothes and male clothes. to show that femininity is okay. this can empower so many people around the world, it's sad to see such close-minded comments

Justin Drew Bieber

It’s weird how so many people seem to be uncomfortable seeing a man in a dress/feminine clothing.

Justin Drew Bieber
4 hours ago, freebit said:

If you're going to put a man on Vogue, at least make sure it's a glamorous man. I just don't get Bowie or Brandon Flowers energy from him, sorry stans. Like that polka dot dress for instance: Bowie would never!

He doesn’t have to give off Bowie or Brandon energy, he’s expressing himself, “if you’re going to put a man on vogue, at least make sure it’s a glamorous man” can you imagine if someone said this about a woman? :shrug:

BloodyM

I love that Harry is doing this, breaking gender norms etc, but I still feel like people are glamourising this because its Harry. I discussed this with my cousin (15 cis straight girl) and even though she said she loved it and thinks he's hot she wouldn't date a guy who's that femme style wise or that 'wears nail polish and dresses'.  Apparently all her girl friends think the same. So that makes me question the impact its having. 

Cello

I LOVE to see a man experiment with fashion.

We women can wear pants and suits - let men wear dresses! Androgyny is for everyone, let anyone wear what makes them feel comfortable and expressed :pawsup:

she/her 💗 free my mind

bionic

There is nothing authentic about Harry Styles and he’s not as ‘groundbreaking‘ as he thinks

buy bionic

BornAsUnic0rn
15 hours ago, Chroma said:

and the people you mentioned are not actually queer, throughout the history instead of crediting people who've been defining gender fluidity are actual non binary, trans or people from the lgbtq community and then comes cis hetero male who are NOW "playing" with clothes and people are like wow.

but that‘s not what‘s happening, lol. queer artists and queer culture was never as highly credited and applauded as it is now. and „straight“ men being inspired by that and taking this one step further is not taking anything away from it.

if you believe that certain clothes shouldn’t be pushed as being exclusively for men or women, calling out „straight“ men for believing in that and wearing dresses because they want to, ultimately does more harm for that sentiment. not to disregard that straight men cross-dressing is highly stigmatized and big a-listers doing it so openly and being applauded by magazines and brands, here the US Vogue, is ultimately very important to fight „toxic masculinity“ and challenge norms for men.

A-listers like Marlene Dietrich, and feminist movements including straight cis-women back in the day are the reasons it‘s socially and culturally okay for women to wear pants and more. Shaming cis-men for doing this for the other side of the spectrum shows how little you learned from history. 

BornAsUnic0rn
6 hours ago, BloodyM said:

I love that Harry is doing this, breaking gender norms etc, but I still feel like people are glamourising this because its Harry. I discussed this with my cousin (15 cis straight girl) and even though she said she loved it and thinks he's hot she wouldn't date a guy who's that femme style wise or that 'wears nail polish and dresses'.  Apparently all her girl friends think the same. So that makes me question the impact its having. 

well, change doesn’t happen with a magazine spread. but it stats a debate, and the more we talk about it and the more it gets normalized, in the end that opinion will change. but that takes time.

80-90% of women wouldn’t date a man who they knew had sexual relations with another man before them. so if men wearing dresses is portrayed as being solely queer, and being a bisexual man is being portrayed as being basically gay, ofc straight women aren’t attracted to it. 

to this day I get told that things like my family and my kindergarteners allowing me to play with dolls made me gay, this is the mindset we are taught and this is the stereotype we got presented with for decades. 

Archived