🇺🇸 Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem 🇺🇸

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Official Discussion Thread: U.S Presidential Election 2020

Chromatican
44 minutes ago, KORG said:

Its lovely you guys want a hard shift to the left, but that kind of disconnect with reality is why its not happening. 

Great argument!

535810ed116134f58f6e177147ef4a39.gif

• LMAO 1

HorusRa2
7 hours ago, FATCAT said:

But they're not fighting for that better world, they're fighting everyone trying to actually get to that better world. They don't want compromise, they want purity. It's why they continue to preach that the best thing politically is for their version of the perfect leftist party, but it won't help win elections in Georgia. It won't help win elections in Pennsylvania. It won't help win elections in Florida. It won't help win elections in Texas. It only works in safe democratic seats.

I think its hilarious that you think incrementalism is fighting for a better world. 

• Thanks 1

HorusRa2

Also, you moderates need to go out and get your boy. Y'know since this is the kind of people y'all want to cater to and tell progressives to sit down and shut up. :yennefer: Hope y'all are ready to lose the runoffs and have a republican senate. but it won't be because of progressives. It's going to be because practical idealism from the moderates. :oops:

• Like 1

Glojuice

Just the fact the extreme lefties are attacking other lefties in this forum shows you the 'my way or the highway' attitude. We are the same side, we just think that a more inclusive tactic would lead to the greater good. 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 2

KORG
1 hour ago, Glojuice said:

Just the fact the extreme lefties are attacking other lefties in this forum shows you the 'my way or the highway' attitude. We are the same side, we just think that a more inclusive tactic would lead to the greater good. 

Exactly.

You dont get to have the whole pie, you get a slice of it. Equality does NOT mean you get to steamroll people. It is about compromise, being considerate and working together for the good of everyone.

Being an extreme lefty or an extreme righty just brushes people up the wrong way because you have tunnel vision and youre blind to the fact that you have to nurture the processes, you cannot bulldoze your way to the end goal.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

caulixtla
1 hour ago, Glojuice said:

As an aside, to think about something more pleasant, every time I see a post from you, that song “Shipwreck” you made and submitted to GGD7 goes through my head. That is a really nicely well done song and an enjoyable earworm. We had a really good turnout this year, with very consistent high quality.

“Don’t be unconscious all day on your f***ing phone” — Lady Gaga
  • Love 1

giskardsb
24 minutes ago, KORG said:

Exactly.

You dont get to have the whole pie, you get a slice of it. Equality does NOT mean you get to steamroll people. It is about compromise, being considerate and working together for the good of everyone.

Being an extreme lefty or an extreme righty just brushes people up the wrong way because you have tunnel vision and youre blind to the fact that you have to nurture the processes, you cannot bulldoze your way to the end goal.

both extreme sides end up turning viewpoints into a psuedo-religious dogma and want to punish the "sinners".   

• Like 2

HorusRa2
2 hours ago, Glojuice said:

As an "extreme" leftist, I would have to say that we are not on the same side, number one. And number two, most people on here arent lefties. Most people that the extreme lefties argue with are actually centrists or center left/right. And thats the point. Progressives have to hammer the centrists first and the right wingers second. Fact is if lefties always align with the centrists for the sake of incrementalism, we will always only have incrementalism.

• Like 2

Chromatican
7 hours ago, giskardsb said:

both extreme sides end up turning viewpoints into a psuedo-religious dogma and want to punish the "sinners".   

One side wants a fascist ethnostate and the other side wants medicare for all.

• Thanks 1

FATCAT
7 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

As an "extreme" leftist, I would have to say that we are not on the same side, number one. And number two, most people on here arent lefties. Most people that the extreme lefties argue with are actually centrists or center left/right. And thats the point. Progressives have to hammer the centrists first and the right wingers second. Fact is if lefties always align with the centrists for the sake of incrementalism, we will always only have incrementalism.

Dude you have got to chill with the revolution LARPing. You sound like you've had too much of the coolaid.

*𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱*
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glojuice
9 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

I think you just proved my point. 

• Like 1

Glojuice
10 hours ago, caulixtla said:

As an aside, to think about something more pleasant, every time I see a post from you, that song “Shipwreck” you made and submitted to GGD7 goes through my head. That is a really nicely well done song and an enjoyable earworm. We had a really good turnout this year, with very consistent high quality.

Haha that's awesome. Appreciate the feedback and I have a quite a few earworms ready to be revealed 😀

• YAAAS 1

Lion Heart

Clearly, some of y'all need to COPE.

• LMAO 1

ChavaWM
3 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

Clearly, some of y'all need to COPE.

Off topic but is this Sword & Shield music? 

• Like 1

KORG
6 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

Dude. I dont care what you think about my political views. Thanks for the input but its unnecessary. 

Then dont post about it.