𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Official Discussion Thread: U.S Presidential Election 2020

OG Gaga Stan
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Black voters are the backbone of this party, and they were not present in the first 3 primary contests.

Liberals love using Black voters as political props to attack the left that actually want to fight for policies that would end their marginalization. :rip: And Biden ultimately lost ground with Black voters in the general.

5 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Bernie lost by a landslide in South Carolina because he didn't have the support of the backbone of the party. 

He was statistically tied or barely behind Biden in the polling in South Carolina before Jim Clyburn's endorsement that SC voters overwhelmingly cited as being key to guiding their votes in the primary. :rip: You can't just rewrite history and claim that Black voters hated Sanders. He pulled ahead of Biden with Black voters nationally in February. 

We saw all of this play out. We know what happened. We know that you're not telling the truth. :air:

4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

You lost, it's in the past, get over it. We have a lot more challenges ahead & you only hurt your cause by whining about elections past. 

You're attempting to claim that Sanders' primary performance is indicative of the failure of his ideology and we're pushing back on that. We're not whining; you're lying about Sanders' primary performance to try to shut down progressives and we're correcting you. :rip:

Gagaloo911
12 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Still 20% behind the winner. I'm not being misleading or using mental gymnastics, it's just straight numbers. Look it up.

Keep telling yourself that.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Do you have data on this? I'd love to take a look at the trend lines

According to The Guardian:

Among young voters, the data showed that the group that preferred Trump most were either rural or lived in small towns and had not been to college, with 46% supporting Biden, versus 51% Trump. But, Kawashima-Ginsberg said, “every other group at least had an edge towards Joe Biden. Even the small-town rural college graduates preferred Biden by eight points, 52% to 44%.”

The other biggest difference among youth voters, she said, was among white people and people of colour. Among white youth, she said there was a 19-point split by gender.

One specific example are the demographics of Georgia, where voter turnout by young people of color dramatically changed the outcome of the election:

EmJrSlFW0AEKcdh?format=jpg&name=large

Of course, this is Georgia we're talking about, a Southern state that traditionally does lean more Republican, but Trump being more popular with white voters aged 18-20 than white voters aged 65+ is more than concerning.

• Like 2

Luc
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

This is not a good metric because some people go in there and literally only vote for president and don’t bother with the rest.

We could account for that if we compare it with similar districts :shrug: 

Chromatican

*centrist dems in 2024 after Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg lose to Don Jr.*

”Well, we’ve gotta move right and start promoting pro-choice and racist candidates. 8% of people who like AOC didn’t vote for Harris”

• Thanks 2

gabeoz

MAGA is starting to get desperate :toofunny: MAGA twitter is blowing up claiming RCP rescinded PA and that CNN rescinded AZ; neither sources called those states to begin with :air: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT
3 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Liberals love using Black voters as political props to attack the left that actually want to fight for policies that would end their marginalization. :rip: And Biden ultimately lost ground with Black voters in the general.

He was statistically tied or barely behind Biden in the polling in South Carolina before Jim Clyburn's endorsement that SC voters overwhelmingly cited as being key to guiding their votes in the primary. :rip: You can't just rewrite history and claim that Black voters hated Sanders. He pulled ahead of Biden with Black voters nationally in February. 

We saw all of this play out. We know what happened. We know that you're not telling the truth. :air:

You're attempting to claim that Sanders' primary performance is indicative of the failure of his ideology and we're pushing back on that. We're not whining; you're lying about Sanders' primary performance to try to shut down progressives and we're correcting you. :rip:

You haven't corrected anything because all I've been staying is the facts :rip:

I voted for Bernie in the SC primary, I think I should know.

*𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱*

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

Why are you always lying about literally everything? Honestly. 

1. Young people were not turned off by Bernie in 2020. What a ridiculous lie. 

2. Bernie is not the reason we had Trump in the first place. Period. You're just saying **** at this point because you're not a progressive. 

Gurl, young people stayed home in the primaries. I remember the meltdown y'all had. Meanwhile centrist African Americans voted for Biden in droves.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/884k4v/bernie-sanders-lost-super-tuesday-because-young-people-didnt-vote

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/03/04/super-tuesday-bernie-sanders-youth-votes-fell-short-compared-2016/4947795002/

Yeah....sure I'm lying. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Snorlax

I missed page 666 :giveup:

• LMAO 1

Glojuice

The scorched earth ways of lefties will be the death of the Democratic Party. Learning to compromise to get what you want is not part of their vocab. 

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

FATCAT
1 hour ago, Snorlax said:

I missed page 666 :giveup:

The devil makes no mistakes, hunty

MM-AVI.thumb.jpg.4e982d0247d0a801ec0e9b7

*𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱*
  • LMAO 1

FATCAT
10 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

The scorched earth ways of lefties will be the death of the Democratic Party. Learning to compromise to get what you want is not part of their vocab. 

and it's sad because many of them are willing to hand Republicans wins and let people suffer all over the country just because some dems don't fit their purity tests. You don't have to love a candidates every policy to vote for them. It's a zero-sum game when it comes to elections in this country, and they're shooting themselves in the foot. You vote for the candidate that MOST fits your views & has the best chance of winning. Voting is secret, you don't get brownie points for throwing your vote in the trash on principal.

• Like 3

TimisaMonster

Trump is just making this more embarassing for himself...ive never seen a president have such a meltdown over losing an election...WORLD leaders have congratulated and accepted Biden as the next president...Trump and his cult are the only ones who are living in Trumpland

Edited by TimisaMonster
Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1

Lion Heart

Here are the deadlines for states to certify their results:

https://ballotpedia.org/Election_results_certification_dates,_2020 

Get ready for nearly a month's worth of lawsuits and baseless conspiracy theories to flood the news cycle. For Pennsylvania, the deadline is 11/23/20, which I think it why the Trump campaign is rushing to cause as much chaos in that state and cast doubt about the election. Hopefully these lawsuits can be dealt with quickly. 

• Like 1

OG Gaga Stan
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

and it's sad because many of them are willing to hand Republicans wins and let people suffer all over the country just because some dems don't fit their purity tests. You don't have to love a candidates every policy to vote for them. It's a zero-sum game when it comes to elections in this country, and they're shooting themselves in the foot. You vote for the candidate that MOST fits your views & has the best chance of winning. Voting is secret, you don't get brownie points for throwing your vote in the trash on principal.

God, this sort of empty, self-defeating condescension is exactly why we push back against you people so hard.

Moderates handed wins to conservatives all over the country. Your approach failed, again. Expecting a politician not to tell me that I can’t have healthcare, that I have to suffer under a mountain of student loan debt my entire life, that we can’t do anything to overhaul our broken criminal justice system, isn’t a “purity test.” It’s repulsive to claim that it is.

You want to let the Democrats remain the equivalent of 1980s Republicans with the addition of a rainbow flag and a BLM sticker (though they won’t actually do anything about police shootings) and you don’t care if they’re going to blow up innocent people in the Middle East as long as you can ignore it and feel superior to other people because you’ve convinced yourself that you had to sanction those deaths in order to be “pragmatic.”

I want my representatives to help the poor, the working class, and the marginalized. You don’t care if Dems abandon policies that would help those people, you don’t care if they bring in corporate ghouls to wield power to harm millions from their cabinet positions, you don’t care if people continue to struggle under mountains of medical debt, you don’t care if people can’t afford their insulin: you’ll make up an excuse on the spot as to why the Dems “had to” let these things happen in order to get elected, even though there’s no evidence that being more moderate actually makes you more electable at all (while a ton exists to the contrary) and the policies that would eliminate these problems are extremely popular. What the hell is the point of electing Democrats if they believe the same things that moderate Republicans believe? What the hell is the point of any of this if we all die from global warming?

Talking to conservative Dems is such a massive waste of time. This is all just an abstract game to you. It’s a matter of life or death for millions of others.

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2