🇺🇸 Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem 🇺🇸

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Official Discussion Thread: U.S Presidential Election 2020

OG Gaga Stan
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

You will all be surprised in 2022 when the GOP takes the House and Senate. 

I won’t. 

I'm sure they'll have another excuse, and then blame it on the left. As always.

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I'm sure they'll have another excuse, and then blame it on the left. As always.

*Moderate dem wins*
liberals: see? We were right about centrist! :) 
 

*moderate dem loses*
liberals: see? The radical left and bErNiE bRoS caused us to lose! :/ 

  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gagaloo911
4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

*Moderate dem wins*
liberals: see? We were right about centrist! :) 
 

*moderate dem loses*
liberals: see? The radical left and bErNiE bRoS caused us to lose! :/ 

Exactly. They're so predictable and it's honestly infuriating because we cannot afford to lose the House and need the Senate to get anything done that is going to actually address the fundamental problems in this country.

You'd think being in the party that's supposedly in support of science and truth that these people would actually practice what they preach and actually listen and learn from data and facts.

But apparently that's too much to ask for as they'd much prefer to remain in their comfortable silo rather than change.

Edited by Gagaloo911
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luc

How nice is it to have the best stock market of all time and no tweet from our president-elect?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Werk

Has anyone mentioned about Mark Esper getting fired yet? Is this bad?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Also, Republicans constantly cried socialism with Obama and labeled him a socialist and that didn't make him lose, so the whole notion that this somehow caused Dems underperformance is patently untrue.

Progressive Democrats all won their races and reelection bids, while moderate Dems LOST up and down the ballot across the country. Yet more evidence demonstrating my point.

Some of y'all really need to start being honest in here.

Because Obama wasn't a socialist, but 8 years of fear mongering of socialism by Fox News and then a run in the primaries of Bernie in 2016 got us Trump. But you are not ready for that conversation. And neoliberialsm is fake.  No one in the Democratic party wants completely free markets or deregulation. It's as ridiculous as Bernie winning a primary. It's a stupid insult because it is completely fake. Those who use it are spreading misinformation. It's just just sad at this point. Misinformation didn't win Bernie the primary and it will continue to shrink a far left progressive base. That's why he didn't get the turn out in the primaries he hoped for. Even young people were turned off. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabeoz

:enigma: this thread has become a sh*tshow 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luc

Does anyone know how AOC's results in her district compared to Biden's results in that same district? Did AOC underperform or overperform Biden?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
bionic
51 minutes ago, Werk said:

Has anyone mentioned about Mark Esper getting fired yet? Is this bad?

He “resigned” a few days ago anyway so it’s not a big deal. We knew an angry Trump tirade was coming just like after his impeachment 

buy bionic
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabeoz
8 minutes ago, Luc said:

Does anyone know how AOC's results in her district compared to Biden's results in that same district? Did AOC underperform or overperform Biden?

I don’t think we can see by district exactly, but Bronx county went 80% Biden, and AOC won with 70% in her district 

Edited by gabeoz

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabeoz
7 minutes ago, bionic said:

He “resigned” a few days ago anyway so it’s not a big deal. We knew an angry Trump tirade was coming just like after his impeachment 

He was penning his resignation, but I don’t know if actually resigned yet? Seems like Trump wanted to be able to brag about “firing” before he had the chance to hand in his resignation 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
caulixtla

In terms of Latino support, one of the factors which made Arizona (AZ) finally blue is SB1070, a bill in Arizona which allowed cops to check for proof of citizenship in routine traffic stops. This is AZ’s form of California’s (CA) proposition 187: It was a law passed by Republicans with an obvious racist agenda. Once they made their racism apparent, [email protected] in AZ mobilized and started voting in large numbers.

This is described in the article, which looks at the [email protected] vote this year: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/us/politics/democrats-latino-voters.html (Warning: Possible paywall)

 

“Don’t be unconscious all day on your f***ing phone” — Lady Gaga

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HorusRa2
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Because Obama wasn't a socialist, but 8 years of fear mongering of socialism by Fox News and then a run in the primaries of Bernie in 2016 got us Trump. But you are not ready for that conversation. And neoliberialsm is fake.  No one in the Democratic party wants completely free markets or deregulation. It's as ridiculous as Bernie winning a primary. It's a stupid insult because it is completely fake. Those who use it are spreading misinformation. It's just just sad at this point. Misinformation didn't win Bernie the primary and it will continue to shrink a far left progressive base. That's why he didn't get the turn out in the primaries he hoped for. Even young people were turned off. 

Why are you always lying about literally everything? Honestly. 

1. Young people were not turned off by Bernie in 2020. What a ridiculous lie. 

2. Bernie is not the reason we had Trump in the first place. Period. You're just saying **** at this point because you're not a progressive. 

  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzkill

Bernie is the only hope for a really progressive US. :bear:

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...