💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Actor Sean Connery dies at age 90

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Chromatography
1 hour ago, Sarah H said:

There is a video of him saying he agrees with slapping women. It's been around for ages and it has been brought up in the past. But strangely a lot of people seemed to not take much notice of it. 

maybe bc i’m a woman and i love getting slapped

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, swooning said:

I mean, people DID talk about it. However, a lot of people have just chosen to ignore it because... they don’t care, I guess?

I’m not shocked!

He's an actor from old hollywood.... not a main target for the twitter warriors 

Good looking man and actor, great actor. R.I.P Happy he lived so long.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

3 hours ago, lego said:

I honestly never heard of stuff that’s being brought up right now and if they were true I wonder where they were all these years? The man lived till 90 with good reputation, just look at the reactions? Like, how come it wasn’t mentioned everywhere every time someone brought this actor up? Is everyone waiting for death of celebs to talk about these issues? 

Here’s the quote, and the video of him justifying it years later is in the thread

It was certainly discussed at the time, and in the years since. I know not everyone goes around talking about him all the time, so it’s understandable that people don’t know about it. 

I also think it’s not that surprising that it gets glossed over, people loved his movies and lots of people are willing to overlook his personal life because of that

Social media didn’t exist at the time, it’s pretty believable that most of his fans didn’t know about it.

Not trying to justify this in any way, it’s gross, but a man was born before second world war in Scotland, not really surprising he had misogynistic views. Domestic violence is STILL taboo in eastern europe, in Russia it’s not a crime (just google about Russian laws and women and domestic abuse) and we are in 2020. 

If you have grandparents, grand grandparents, uncles as old as this man was, I’m pretty damn sure many of them held some very problematic views and it would be so weird to bring them up if they died in this decade. #MeToo is very young movement, only recently people noticed how problematic James Bond movies were, they were product of that time. Times are changing, but like @Evan Peters said, canceling a dead man is weird. 

FreePalestine

Born This Way

He was 90 so, while I'm not like surprised or devastated, I grew up on Bond films so this is sad. Did anyone else really like that movie League of Extraordinary Gentlemen he was in? 

Also, he was a movie star in the 1960s, bringing up his ancient misogynistic views is the absolutely not the dunk anyone bringing it up right now thinks it is.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Economy
7 hours ago, Sarah H said:

While I don't agree with how they said it, it's inevitable that bad things someone did or said will be brought up. 

He was good in Bond, yes. 

Almost everyone has their flaws and questionable ways that u can scrutinize and if it's not one thing it's another

But unless someone was a total monster to humanity say Hitler, the time of their death really isn't the appropriate time to be bringing up their issues

That's a moment where u show respect. There's no need to bring up whatever stuff now

Galagala
12 hours ago, swooning said:

BREAKING: misogynist dead at 90!

You're miserable. 

RadioIsOurs
6 hours ago, LaLa said:

Wow geez... I don't think anyone should be slapping anyone...

A sucker punch is sometimes warranted though :ally:

tumblr_mmr2njrjPU1qdm9llo5_r2_250.gif

Archived