Ariana Grande - Positions (album)

buzzkill

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFXIV WhiteMage

TUN is way better than Positions.:bear:

Sweetener and Positions are somewhat both underwhelming but Sweetener have major bops like NTLTC and GIAW.:yennefer:

DW and TUN are her best albums . 

berlinforme

I can't believe this album was (edit: is still) trashed when it leaked! I like it much more than Sweetener and TUN and think it's way more timeless than those. I really enjoy the RnB arrangements. :enigma:

tyler k

ngl, when I listened to first half (shut up-my hair) on my drive home I was a little disappointed. I continued with nasty-pov with headphones and LOVEDDDD it.

I've re-listened to the whole album and damn yeah it's really good. i lowkey love it. it's very cohesive and well structured. it's very intentional, the strings are beautiful and I think the dissonance throughout the first half is super purposeful. and all the crickets/night sounds? :trollga:

my faves: nasty, 34+35, love language, obvious, motive

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

LOVE FOOLISH

My second (and legal) listen of off the table was, again, underwhelming :fatcat: I really like the strings and their harmonies at the end, but it just can’t top safety net aka the best collab on the album.

It’s been a while since I listened to an Ariana album from beginning to end. I felt like Sweetener and TUN were too chaotic and I just couldn’t vibe with it sonically. This album is so good at establishing a particular mood too. It feels almost nostalgic? Also I love the use of strings in this album. As a ex-violin player, I get so excited when strings are predominately featured. 

Overall, I love it! I think it’s one of my favorite releases this year too! Ari and this album deserves all the success. It’s good to see how much she’s grew from all the troubles she went through. The description of the album on Apple Music made for me emotional and proud of Ari :fatcat:

RudraCNG
49 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

TUN is way better than Positions.:bear:

Sweetener and Positions are somewhat both underwhelming but Sweetener have major bops like NTLTC and GIAW.:yennefer:

DW and TUN are her best albums . 

Wow, my thoughts EXACTLY

Immediately loved it on my first listen :giveup: Also stop comparing it to Sweetener because it‘s nothing alike thanks :awkney:

4 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Sorry but the album was really really underwhelming imo. Guess I'll never get DW2 :messga:

We also probably won‘t get a second DW :icega:

hijadeputa

Listening to it rn.

”Can you stay up all night?
**** me 'til the daylight” 
gives me Rihanna vibes, feels weird to hear those kinda lyrics from Ari but hey she is 27 now :coffee:

motive best so far.

newseason

Anyone who likes six thirty? That is my favourite so far alongside motive. Also, what is with all the Sweetener hate, I never understood. There are plenty of great songs there such as the intro, R.E.M, sweetener, everytime, goodnight'n'go.

Archived