🇺🇸 Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem 🇺🇸

Sign in to follow this  
society

Two beheaded in Nice, France mass stabbing suspected terror attack

Curunir
14 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

Wait what really? :eww:

I just looked it up, he's not the current prime minister, but he was from 1981 to 2003 and from 2018 to March of this year :saladga:

• Shook 1

Cookie Tookie
3 hours ago, Miky said:

Lemme not say anything...

My thoughts exactly

Lord Temptation
2 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

And it never stops does it 

I just got news that another man in Avignon threatened people with a knife

A few hours after Nice

It's starting to become not in a matter of a few months or years but hours or days now...

Sadly, no it won’t stop. It’s only accelerating. There will be more copycat crimes. People won’t look for reasons to stop, they’ll look for excuses to keep killing.

• Like 1

StarstruckIllusion

while y’all arguing, lemme remind:

You can’t choose to be straight, but you can choose to be atheist.

• Like 2

Sneaky Oliver
41 minutes ago, Eido said:

Actually only a heavy sword or a guillotine can behead someone in seconds and the person doesn't feel it. 

Otherwise it takes a bit of time and multiple hits and the person feel it. Which makes it even worse. 

The general problem here is that believers tend to become sheeps. They shiuld just start thinking by themselves 

yeah that's what I thought and said in my previous post, I assumed it took like several minutes to do it, time enough for the police to arrive (even thought the person would be dead already or severely hurt at this point)

A reverse Sneaky Oliver-ian expedition

KanyeWest
43 minutes ago, Illundressyou said:

If such incidents appear more and more often again I'll be scared for the Chromatica Ball in Paris. If it even takes place :toofunny:

I'd be tempted to cancel it. I might regret it if nothing happened but is it worth the risk? Not sure.

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 1

KanyeWest
25 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

And now the prime minister of another country encouraging more of these attacks. Absolutely disgusting. This whole institution is a mass terrorist organization 

To me, as much as the attacks are so terrifying, what's even more terrifying are what I thought to be "moderate muslims" both in France (born in France and not) and living outside of France, excusing it and giving arguments as to why the attack happened, why the people had it coming, why drawing caricatures is "playing with fire", why closing illegal islamic schools is "islamophobic" and why doing anything at all to help contain this issue is "racist".  When I say this of course it's an overall group, there are always different opinions in a community but this one that I saw the most in general. 

To me the fact that we have bad apples inside the country and outside who excuse beheading in any shape or form, including those who call themselves "normal muslims" is scary. That means asking the muslim community in France for help is useless, we have no one to turn to to solve this problem. And of course it starts at the top but also the bottom.

I've seen so far, and I might be wrong, but only one Imam in France who cried in public about this behavior, who cried and said people need to wake up and condemn these things. But nothign seems to follow... So what are we gonna do now

It's going outside and seeing turkish flags hanging over windows in appartments which I saw yesterday... So who are gonna turn to? Seems like no one loves France 

Edited by KanyeWest
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

KanyeWest
5 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

Why always in France

Idk about other countries but the new generation here are very very conservative (as for Islam not sure about other religions). It's not the old as u'd usually see, but young people, teenagers to 30 somethings. Ive never seen that in my childhood. My grandpa was muslim and everyone around him were normal, acting normal. It's never happened before until after my generation started becoming older... 

• Like 1

LePetitFlo

Avignon and Lyon too but no injuries... This day is horrible for France (our last day before the 2nd lockdown)

• Like 2

Da J
19 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

My largest hope right now is that Macron stands his grown and doesn't denounce the Muhammed drawings. It would be a huge loss if he does. 

I don't think he should endorse the content of the drawings, because that's not really relevant. But he surely has to defend the freedom to mock any religion. That's an essential part of freedom of expression, because religion is a very powerful and opressive institution, so it needs to be kept on check constantly.

To be honest, I think Macron put it very nicely when he highlighted the dangers of religious extremism creating a parallel order to dispute with the secular state. The latter is one of humanity's greatest achievements in the last few centuries, and must be preserved at any cost. We cannot risk falling under the joke of any church again.

• Like 3

gumzy3000

Islam needs a reformation to come into the 21st century. There is absolutely no justification for violence in the name of religion. Once that occurs, you lose any respect and credibility. The French have every reasons to be scared and frightened about this.

This is a difficult situation though because we can not expect all Muslims to condemn this. The Muslims I know tell me they have nothing to do with these killings nor do they practice Islam this way. So then why should they have to apologize for this? In fact, they tell me these terrorists are fake, uneducated Muslims. I also agree with that too. 

A messy blend of logic and sass
  • Like 2

River

Just woke up and read this, you can't understand how many times I walked by the church when I lived there, Nice will always be 2nd home for me :(

may they rest in peace

Edited by River
I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karl
42 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Idk about other countries but the new generation here are very very conservative (as for Islam not sure about other religions). It's not the old as u'd usually see, but young people, teenagers to 30 somethings. Ive never seen that in my childhood. My grandpa was muslim and everyone around him were normal, acting normal. It's never happened before until after my generation started becoming older... 

Probably because that older generation brainwashed their kids to follow the same garbage, look what happens when you indoctrinate children. 

Rock Jock

That is why it’s important to have a strict immigration policy

• Like 1