💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Selena gomez confesses she never voted before the 2020 election

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Not voting is such an ugly expression of privilege. Democracy should never be taken for granted. If you feel you are not adequately represented by the main parties where you live, cast a protest vote or spoil your ballot. If you're voting because you don't care, remember that there will be plenty of people in your country who are less fortunate than you and whose quality of life will be profoundly effected by the results of any given eleciton.

But let's not pile on someone who has recognised their failing, and taken steps to rectify it. Selena has made a really positive step, and I applaud her for that. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
selenalavigne
10 minutes ago, Cybertronica said:

“The Rare singer-songwriter” “the Disney alum”

Someone lied to them severely. :messga:

it has been proven many a time that Selena does come up with the concepts and co-writes many of her songs. watch the making of LYTLM video. Selena texted Julia how she was feeling and what she wanted the song to be before their session, Julia came with an idea, they fleshed it out, Selena wrote the 2nd verse, Justin and Selena wrote the outro. She is definitely involved in some of the songs.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Robo Ga
17 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

No one's saying this is cute..? :bear: She's admitting that she used to think her vote didn't matter but now she realizes it is and is urging people to vote

It’s ignorant. She has no excuse

34 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

. "You can tell on my social media and everything, obviously, I'm super invested in this right now.

^its all about her image 

35 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

“Honestly, I’m not ashamed to say this,”

Nah. She should be. She was an ADULT with influence last time around. It’s just sad 

🤖⚡️

selenalavigne
Just now, Taylucifer said:

jrfycad35bm51.jpg?auto=webp&s=c1b18c6e98

thinking...

this came out last month right before she dedicated her instagram for basically this whole month to just voting. and right AFTER she dedicated her instagram to racial issues for a whole month.

people's priorities change sis...

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Reality

The important thing is that she's voting now and hopefully will vote in the future. Let's only hope more people will do the same.

🃏🖤👹

TimisaMonster

Well I can't say anything as I've also never voted before (or was not allowed to) and I just turned 26 this year...Proud to have voted for Biden! :vegas:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

huttont

Why is there so much hate for Selena? She’s voting this time around. There are a lot of people that don’t believe their votes counts or don’t understand politics. She has a lot of influence but maybe she wasn’t aware of what was at stake at the last election. I don’t want to make excuses but she is taking a step in the right direction and admitting she should have been voting. 

HotLikeMexico
57 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

Here's Selena Gomez, admitting she doesn't vote and she doesn't care.

Meanwhile, Demi Lovato is on her way to become President in 2024 with Vice President Iggy Azealia. And I'm sure everyone on this forum will support her and stream Commander In Chief. 

Music Video Vote GIF by Demi Lovato

Omg I forgot this song existed... :sweat:

RainingOnMe
1 hour ago, selenalavigne said:

it has been proven many a time that Selena does come up with the concepts and co-writes many of her songs. watch the making of LYTLM video. Selena texted Julia how she was feeling and what she wanted the song to be before their session, Julia came with an idea, they fleshed it out, Selena wrote the 2nd verse, Justin and Selena wrote the outro. She is definitely involved in some of the songs.

Oh I didn't know this. That's cool for Selena I guess. Cause she lied about writing multiple things many times. 

Eighteen

i know a lot of people who haven't really voted, but honestly it's not their fault imo because schools do NOT teach the importance of voting, at least where i went. there isn't a basic how-to on how basic government even works, it should be taught year after year in high school like math and english are. like tf. 

honestly, once you get to know the basic workings of gov't, i think for many it would become endlessly fascinating! there needs to be a serious revamping of civics in schools in the USA (or at least where i live, where i don't remember it being taught AT ALL)

Runway
2 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

onestly it's not their fault imo because schools do NOT teach the importance of voting

On top of that, in Selena’s case, she did not have a regular education if she even had it at all; being a child actress and then a teen popstar. She never learned how important it was to vote because she had to work. 

Curunir

Guys give her a break. At least she's voting this time around. 

And to be honest, if you wanna put blame somewhere, put it on the system. There is a reason why over 100 million people didn't vote last time. People aren't educated properly about this. If they were, we wouldn't have a republican president now or ever again.

Economy
1 hour ago, selenalavigne said:

I'm sure some of the people about to lash her have never voted either and that'll be a kii. Statistically a LOT of Americans don't vote which is why they are really pushing for youngsters to go to the polls and she's doing that :vegas:.

(also she was in treatment during the 2016 election)

Celebs getting canceled for stuff by ppl who do/don't do the same stuff themselves?

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Archived