💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift surpassed Rihanna and now has the highest certified singles

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

Gerrard174
49 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

No offence, but she's not even the princess of the pop. Madonna is still the queen of the pop, while Britney is the princess of the pop.

Taylor's impact is only huge in the US. Britney and Madonna were/are huge everywhere. Taylor's singles are forgettable (even her latest singles like Me!, YNTCD, Lover etc.), while everyone knows at least 10 Britney or Madonna songs. We can't even compare Taylor to them, Britney's and Madonna's impact are on another level. :trollga:

I dont know even 5 songs of Madonna and Britney. I think you just made a hasty generalisation. These two are actually too 'legendary' (or rather dated) for the new generation to know

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest Bitch
1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

1. I personally don't know 5 Madonna or Britney songs and I don't think many if any of my friends would either

2. I'm pretty sure most ppl know at least: Love Story (1), You Belong With Me (2), I Knew You Were Trouble (3), 22 (4), We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (5), Bad Blood (6), Shake it Off (7), Blank Space (8), [Out of the Woods, Wildest Dreams or Style] (9), Look What You Made Me Do (10) and ME!/YNTCD (probably for the wrong reasons but still, 11)

3. While Britney and Madonna have had impact but so has Taylor and to ignore that is kinda, well, dumb. Also lets not forget that Folklore went number one on 17 charts and top 10 on every other chart which Wikipedia offers expect for French Albums Chart [SNEP] (12) and South Korean Albums [Gaon] (27). Taylor is huge everywhere.

Britney and Madonna were huge and nobody is denying that but it's 2020 people can only hold onto success for so long, one day Taylor will have fallen off as well and someone else will replace her. (also see post above:flower:)

1. Of course there are always exceptions, but most people (even the younger generation) still know their songs, that's a fact.

2. What? :billie: Sorry, but that's bullsh*t. Love Story, YBWM, SIO and BS are her not forgettable songs, most people only know these songs by Taylor. Yes, again I'm talking about worldwide, not the US. 

3. Where did I ignore her impact? I only said it's dumb to compare her to Madonna or Britney, cause she's far from their success, that's another fact. 

Yep, it's 2020.Taylor got the young teenage girls + gays, while still every generation knows Madonna's and Britney's name. Anyway If we follow ur logic Eminem is the king of music, and Adele is the queen of music, cause they are far the most successful artist of the 2010s. Just because Adele and Eminem were the most successful artists of the 2010s, doesn't mean that their impact are bigger than Michael's, Madonna's or Britney's :trollga:

hoeslay

I am here for women winning. Rihanna being 2nd place is still winning. The impact. The cultural influence. Go off, girlies!

2 hours ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Taylor's impact is only huge in the US. Britney and Madonna were/are huge everywhere. Taylor's singles are forgettable (even her latest singles like Me!, YNTCD, Lover etc.), while everyone knows at least 10 Britney or Madonna songs. We can't even compare Taylor to them, Britney's and Madonna's impact are on another level. :trollga:

Not people still trying it with this :rip: 

If her impact is only huge in the US, then why was she certified the top GLOBAL artist of 2019 by IFPI (for the second time)? Why is she so huge in Asia? Why does Australia stan for her so hard?

No one is erasing Britney’s or Madonna’s contribution to pop culture, but using them to reduce Taylor and pretending that she does not have her good share of recognizable hits is just :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over

Biggest Bitch
8 minutes ago, Spock said:

Not people still trying it with this :rip: 

If her impact is only huge in the US, then why was she certified the top GLOBAL artist of 2019 by IFPI (for the second time)? Why is she so huge in Asia? Why does Australia stan for her so hard?

No one is erasing Britney’s or Madonna’s contribution to pop culture, but using them to reduce Taylor and pretending that she does not have her good share of recognizable hits is just :rip: 

First of all I do not using them to reduce Taylor. Someone wrote she's the queen of the pop, I just reacted to her/his  comment. Taylor is far from this title :bear:

Nirvana

I don't think Rihanna has updated her certifications in ages. If she had, she might be above Taylor. 

20 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

First of all I do not using them to reduce Taylor. Someone wrote she's the queen of the pop, I just reacted to her/his  comment. Taylor is far from this title :bear:

you did, because you used them as a comparison to say that Taylor's singles are "forgettable" which is simply not true. also they didn't say she was the queen of pop, they said she was the princess.

and you're right she isn't, she's something bigger than that 

5464afae6bb3f7af45ea5477?width=981&forma

Biggest Bitch
3 minutes ago, Spock said:

you did, because you used them as a comparison to say that Taylor's singles are "forgettable" which is simply not true. also they didn't say she was the queen of pop, they said she was the princess.

and you're right she isn't, she's something bigger than that 

5464afae6bb3f7af45ea5477?width=981&forma

She/he said she's the queen of the pop, check it.

Anyway you made my day, it's the best joke of the year thanks :hug:

57 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

She/he said she's the queen of the pop, check it.

Anyway you made my day, it's the best joke of the year thanks :hug:

okay, but you are still deflecting and not answering to my original posts :rip: 

have a good day and don't forget to steam the critically acclaimed, smash hit album Folklore!

Biggest Bitch
55 minutes ago, Spock said:

okay, but you are still deflecting and not answering to my original posts :rip: 

I never said she doesn't have impact, all I said her impact is not on Britney's or Madonna's level. Yes, she won twice, but this global rank is so irrelevant. Of course she was the first, thanks to the US numbers :bear:

1 hour ago, Spock said:

have a good day and don't forget to steam the critically acclaimed, smash hit album Folklore!

You too! :)

20 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

I never said she doesn't have impact, all I said her impact is not on Britney's or Madonna's level. Yes, she won twice, but this global rank is so irrelevant. Of course she was the first, thanks to the US numbers :bear:

You too! :)

IFPI is a leading and respected institution in the music industry :rip: 

The album debuted at number one in more than ten countries and reached three million album-equivalent sales worldwide by the end of its first week of release”. They wouldn’t declare Lover the most global album of 2019 (surpassing Billie and Ariana) if it were all because of the US numbers

Your logic also makes no sense, because then it would mean that other artists in the list were not #1 due to lack of US support, when Billie and Post Malone are huge over there :rip: 

hang it up, flatscreen 

Biggest Bitch
4 minutes ago, Spock said:

IFPI is a leading and respected institution in the music industry :rip: 

The album debuted at number one in more than ten countries and reached three million album-equivalent sales worldwide by the end of its first week of release”. They wouldn’t declare Lover the most global album of 2019 (surpassing Billie and Ariana) if it were all because of the US numbers

Your logic also makes no sense, because then it would mean that other artists in the list were not #1 due to lack of US support, when Billie and Post Malone are huge over there :rip: 

hang it up, flatscreen 

lol

So u say Lover was the biggest album of the 2019? Billie and Ariana destroyed Taylor on every chart sis :bear:

The US always sold the most record. IFPI doesn't count percents, they count every sales, that's why this list is irrelevant. She's huge in the US, but Billie and Ariana were way bigger in almost everywhere except the US 

Archived