💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

This Adele SNL skit receives backlash

COOOK

Featured Posts

Clarence
Just now, Pennywise said:

I'm not exactly saying you're racist, just that the use of language has racist undertones. And since we're anonymous people on the internet I've had no way of knowing that it is your own people. If so, you obviously have a right to say whatever you want 

i said a whole sentence about a group of white people and a group of black people and u left out the white part and said this part has racist undertones. just so yall know. there are black people that can be annoying just like any other color. every black person isnt correct on every issue. yall really do more harm than good. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 tweets are considered blacklash nowadays? The drama...

It's just humor for god's sake... I despise all the cancel culture. And if any, shouldn't be the old white ladies the ones who feel offended? They are the ones who are being poked fun at :duck:

ELECTROHEART

I shouldn't comment tbh :bear:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

StrawberryBlond

It is indeed very strange to see such a skit made in this day and age, I feel like I'm watching a much older skit. I thought the idea of joking about going to foreign countries to find "exotic" lovers was considered a big no-no these days and for good reason. It doesn't matter that it's women at the forefront, it's not cool to make light of using people for sex. You know you wouldn't find this funny if it were white men with a Thai background talking about innuendoes regarding Asian women, right? And the use of stereotypes just makes it worse. I'm surprised no one's talking about that bit about "not Egypt though, too dry there, no bamboo." How in the world did that joke make it past the boardroom? Satire can work but this is bottom of the barrel humour that belongs in the past.

All that aside, can we just talk about how SNL isn't funny and never really has been? How has it stayed on the air after all this time but the clearly supreme MadTV got cancelled? I really don't know why Adele is having trouble containing laughter here, this is just awkward at most. I actually found the way these women were talking was funnier than what they were actually saying. I also didn't realise SNL could be that risque. "You can feel it in your stomach" sent my eyebrows flying up my forehead.

This is a pretty creepy idea out of all of the things you can make skits about. It’s definitely in poor taste, and a bit wierd that Adele thought it was so funny (although I’m not surpised considering she was just trivializing Afro-Carribean culture a few weeks ago with her “costume”). Anyway, I couldn’t even make it through the episode because the skits are too long and not funny enough. 

PsychoMaxcara
54 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

All that aside, can we just talk about how SNL isn't funny and never really has been? How has it stayed on the air after all this time but the clearly supreme MadTV got cancelled? I really don't know why Adele is having trouble containing laughter here, this is just awkward at most. I actually found the way these women were talking was funnier than what they were actually saying. I also didn't realise SNL could be that risque. "You can feel it in your stomach" sent my eyebrows flying up my forehead.

Preach, sis -- I never found SNL particularly funny either, and the new millennial cast was just the final nail in the coffin for me. I do recall watching some of the skits from way back in the day and laughing -- especially those with Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Bill Hader, but once those three left -- they revamped the whole thing and partially abandoned the theater/studio setup for skits that are professionally shot and are more like short movies, but while the aesthetic value improved, the actual fun of the entire SNL concept got lost somewhere along the way. I only watch for the musical guests now.

I agree vehemently about MadTV being superior and I think it's mostly because MadTV made fun of everything and everyone. Nothing was off the table as long as it made people laugh. It's also very obvious what SNL's political leaning is and that's one of its biggest downsides imo. Ever since the 2016 elections, they've really gone overboard with all the politically-themed skits. Imagine doing an unflattering parody of Obama every week, I wonder how long it'd last. And before y'all come for me, I don't have a problem with making fun of political leaders, but if you're going to do that let's be fair and make fun of everyone, no matter what side you're on.

Helxig

I think people are being too sensitive here. The skit is making fun of stupid white women who travel overseas for 'exotic sex getaways' and reduce Africa to a sex destination.

If you can't make fun of dumb, insensitive, racist people, then what can you make fun of?

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Chromatican

The skit is dumb, and why are they just standing in front of a beach backdrop? Can SNL not afford a decent set?

Chromatican

Lol at people saying cancel culture cancelled comedy. I understand comedy has taken a hit, but this is so not the issue here. The skit is poorly conceived, executed and halfbaked. It is just lazy, which makes the stereotyping and breaking character seem worse. MadTV used to GO THERE, and actually was funny af, this is just lame stereotyping.

Archived