Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Is music no longer a priority for singers?

Bottom

Featured Posts

vyniildisk

only artists that really really love music stay true to it, look at Miley, Taylor, Gaga for example, the rest, Selena, Rihanna, choose another path as a priority and we respect that, but clearly music was not the main purpose of their existence

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

They really need to stop counting streams.

Its the future of music consumption. They have to track interest somehow. Music sales are never coming back so you need to think with the future in mind not just the immediate “omg these women i like arent getting number ones because musics consumed differently now”

its a transitional period and the sales baded artists feel the growing pains. But counting streams is an important inclusion for say 20 years from now. You cant possibly say that you think 30 years from now music sales are gonna be back and streaming will be irrelevant. If the charts dont reflect consumption then they wont be relevant either. 

7 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

Total album sales for Savage Mode II (by 21 Savage & Metro Boomin) was only 22,000 (it was when bundles where still counted and albums didn't need to be shipped in the same week) but they got #1 on Billboard on Oct. 17-dated chart thanks to streams (200.1 million on-demand streams). 

even streaming is not that helpful anymore.. albums are dying in general, peopel listens to a single in pre-made playlist and that's it.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

you know the thing about streaming aervices was always bittersweet for me but i got used to it

i used to illegaly download music and just buy physical copies from artists i really love

but when i started using spotify i stopped downloading them, it was easier to get to know so many musicians from so many places, and a lot of people experienced that too

also with musicians/creators/artists, however yoh wanna call them, since it was easier for people to find them, they got more exposure so that's the beauty of strraming services

i know it kinda sucks bc it messes with the charts but i couldnt care less about that honestly, i care about the music, the experience you get from it

... and now i just sit in silence.

Teletubby
1 hour ago, Mesmer92 said:

One word: streaming. In today's age you literally never have to pay for music if you don't want to. The only people that go out and buy music are dedicated fans like us. It sucks but its the reality. 

Nowaday, people even don't have music players. CDs are obsolete. Even if I have physical album I listen to it on streaming platform. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Better Day

Streaming has its benefits. Before 2016 I was illegally downloading music. I never bought music with my money however with streaming (I listen to a lot of music) I can contributing to artists that I really like. Discovered so many great songs through it, rediscovered old songs I used to listen too. 
Here to streaming. Long may it life. Streaming can only improve. 

Together You And I!

14 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

Nowaday, people even don't have music players. CDs are obsolete. Even if I have physical album I listen to it on streaming platform. 

I definitely shot myself in the foot with my comment as I buy physical copies but pay for Spotify Premium  :emma:

TimisaMonster
2 hours ago, Loyalty said:

Music business is profitable, but the profits mostly go to the label and not the artists who make the music because they have to recoup their advances. Labels don’t really pay artists much for their music and they get the bigger end of the stick when things are all said and done, which is why artists do endorsements and start up their own businesses. Not everyone is selling records like Adele. 

Which is why I plan on remaining an independent artist until I can leverage with a label and get the best dea possible. With or without them, I'd be fine and could walk away, so THEY would need to meet MY demands...not the other way around 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Artist tend to do this right after their highest level of exposure and popularity in the culture, branch out and become other things and a full brand. Their music seems to always increasingly suffer as well, beyond that point, even before streaming happened and it's only snowballed since then. No one just wants to be one thing anymore, good at one thing by mass consumption, good at everything one touches, seems how it goes now. Same with, "if you liked this superstar in the day, the world will love their offspring, who looks sort of like their "off" mini-me." 

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

giskardsb

Fans decided it was ok to steal music.  Labels and artists are doing what they can to make up for it.   Streaming isn't paying crap to artists.   Artists did endorsements previously of course, but these days it's required because endorsements and tours are the only way to make money.

Music Fans sabotaged the industry, and yet still want high dollar music videos and high dollar marketing campaigns for music they won't buy.

RAMROD

Established singers have the luxury to venture out. They got their name known anyway.

But new artists and artists who are pressured to do a great sophomore album after a gigantic debut doesn't have that kind luxury until they are also established.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ProdigyARTPOP

i believe social media has played a massive part in this as well because with the quality of music decreasing and sales decreasing as well, artists have turned to other ventures to build their brand and maintain their status/relevancy. & as Gaga put it once, the line has been blurred between being a celebrity and being an artist/singer.

So many people want to hop on to either side of the music/artistry / business venture , for the sake of the value it can bring them or the status, so they’ve diminished its quality and its creators 

AJRocketMan
3 hours ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

I'm officially SHOOK because that's exactly word-for-word how I feel as well. I just have a really hard time objectively evaluating music after 2012 if that makes sense, like, 2008-2012 were my formative years so of course I'm going to gravitate toward that era in music... but at the same time, it was a massive and unparalleled revival of Pop/dance music after many years of the boring Hip hop urban sound and some of my all time favs (including Gaga) debuted during that time. I swear the worst thing to ever happen was the (imo) awful indie trend in music with singers that sound like they breathe helium and use the welcome to my kitchen we have bananies and avocadies accent. That's when mainstream music hit a new low. RIght now, I'm getting huge 2004-2007 flashbacks with Hip hop, once again, being the dominant genre. 

Lol wut?  :bear:

Archived