opinion

Unpopular opinions - Gaga's music videos edition

PerfectGUY

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imnotyourbabe10

As an Alejandro stan, I have always longed for a more literal interpretation of the song/lyrics.  Gaga down in Mexico, confused and undecided about her romantic flames on the beach; sharing a cigarette (gross habit but nonetheless); saying goodbye to each of them in the later half of the song; etc. Not upset thought bc what she gave us was epic and a call to arms for a queer militia (especially if 45 wins again in the US).

1 hour ago, PerfectGUY said:

it's true that the tribes had SO MUCH potential and it's one of my biggest regrets in the Chromatica era that they weren't explored further

Just another example of poor execution of wild and crazy ideas. Video ruined the song for me too.  

Agunimon
46 minutes ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

Same with paparazzi 

41 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

i agree

it's not even in my top 20 gaga songs

but I can't deny the weight the video had on my childhood and the iconicness of it

I like the song. It's a total banger. But I just had no interest in rewatching Bad Romance music video and I totally do not understand how people view it in such high regard when every music video she made after that, bar ones like Edge of Glory, far surpass it in my mind.

PerfectGUY
14 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

As an Alejandro stan, I have always longed for a more literal interpretation of the song/lyrics.  Gaga down in Mexico, confused and undecided about her romantic flames on the beach; sharing a cigarette (gross habit but nonetheless); saying goodbye to each of them in the later half of the song; etc. Not upset thought bc what she gave us was epic and a call to arms for a queer militia (especially if 45 wins again in the US).

it's true ! there's so many great lyrics that could've translate so well visually throughout her singles...

Applause is a non-entity of a video and really started this trend of Gaga having no storyline and just weird visuals. 

Stephen

Marry the Night is her best video of all time for me.

I think Bad Romance and Paparazzi would be 2nd and 3rd place, idc how overrated they are.

Perfect Illusion is one of her best videos!

Joanne is one of her best videos!

Stupid Love genuinely looks like they ran out of budget or time. It's disappointing. I wish she would have had a better director or something. It could have been so much better. I LOVE the choreography and the hot pink outfit of the first verse. The original concept art >>>

She needed a SFX master for this. For example, Robert Rodriguez (who directed ROM) would have been a better choice for Stupid Love as well. 

EgHQQIAXkAclXDE.jpg

EgHQQHJWAAE_RBj.jpg

Better Day
18 minutes ago, KORG said:

Applause is a non-entity of a video and really started this trend of Gaga having no storyline and just weird visuals. 

Not all music videos have to have a storyline. The applause music video suits the song and the premise behind the video

Together You And I!

PerfectGUY
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Stupid Love genuinely looks like they ran out of budget or time. It's disappointing. I wish she would have had a better director or something. It could have been so much better. I LOVE the choreography and the hot pink outfit of the first verse. The original concept art >>>

She needed a SFX master for this. For example, Robert Rodriguez (who directed ROM) would have been a better choice for Stupid Love as well. 

EgHQQIAXkAclXDE.jpg

EgHQQHJWAAE_RBj.jpg

an actual VFX heavy Stupid Love video on a VFX heavy planet with an actual story line... Video Of The Year:giveup::giveup:

Reality

Unpopular opinion: the BR video is overrated :lana: 

(It's still a good video, but she's definitely had better).

🃏🖤👹

Reality
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Marry the Night is her best video of all time for me.

I think Bad Romance and Paparazzi would be 2nd and 3rd place, idc how overrated they are.

Perfect Illusion is one of her best videos!

Joanne is one of her best videos!

EgHQQIAXkAclXDE.jpg

EgHQQHJWAAE_RBj.jpg

This would've made the SL video so much better tbh. It really makes it feel like you're on an entirely different planet. The SL video just literally looks like they just shot it in a desert (which they obviously did, but it doesn't help creating the world of Chromatica).

🃏🖤👹

popREBELLION

911 mv is her best since g.u.y mv 

Stupid love is cheap 

ROM is limited

Million reason is super cringy and cheap in so many different ways lol (still love the song) 

Judas alejandro marry the night are her best mvs 

You&i full of great ideas that was badly executed .

Telephone is campy and i love it 

Bad romance is iconic but i would like to add more colours to it (so much white) 

The edge of glory mv add nothing to the song .

Paparazzi is good .. i love the storyline 

Delulu Rogers
33 minutes ago, Lemonky said:

911 feels cheap and it's below gaga average

What are you saying lol. It’s literally way above average of anything we got post GUY to now. 

Archived