• JoanneGa
    • Country Kylie Minogue
    • Other...

Featured Posts

The That Don't Impress ME! Much and Ka-Ching singer

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

PartySick
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

You can't argue against an excuse me no reaction if you're going to say stuff like that.Ā :huntyga:

*insert Hannah Montana scene transition sounds* :billie:

šŸ–¤

MadreMonster
1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

Everyone voting for Shania, where u from? I feel like in America Carrie is easily country-pop queen (in today's era at least); Kacey to me is more of an alt-country artist, and her first two albums are more Americana than Country.Ā 

ā€œReleased in November ofĀ 1997,Ā Come On OverĀ went on to become theĀ best-selling country album of all time, sellingĀ over 40 million copies to date.Ā And its impact stretches beyond country music.Ā It'sĀ tied with Fleetwood Mac'sĀ RumoursĀ for the eighth best-selling album of all time -- across all genres.ā€

Shania might not be huge now but in her peak, sheā€™s considered a legend. Carrie has had plenty of success but not as far reaching as Shania.

MadreMonster
2 hours ago, Pop Music said:

I absolutely adore Kacey and all of her albums as well as love a lot of Carrie's musicĀ but, Shania is THAT bitch and forever will beĀ when it comes to country pop and no one will top her.

Ā I love Joanne but it was def heavier on the pop than the country so I don't see it as a true country pop album (more of a raw pop indie record with country tinges to it)Ā 

and I haven't gotten into Golden era Kylie much so I can't comment on thatĀ 

I wish Gaga pulled more of a Shania Twain-esqueĀ record with Joanne. That would have slayed meĀ :bradley:Ā Imagine Gaga singing in the vein of Man! I feel like a woman and Forever and for alwaysĀ :enigma:

22 minutes ago, Oyster said:

How is Joannega here but not Taylor Swift...

This. Gaga doesn't belong on that list at all...

MadreMonster
22 minutes ago, Oyster said:

How is Joannega here but not Taylor Swift...

Didnā€™tĀ you know Taylor reached new heights with her rap-super hit ...Ready For It?Ā :ohwell:

flyaway

For those saying Taylor Swift, let me remind you she used country in order to become a pop star. And then she ditched it, so no no. No country pop queen if you didn't commit to it.Ā 

And Joanne is there because we are on GagadailyĀ :oops:

Shania, no contest really.

She's perfect at combining pop and country - That Don't Impress Me Much, Man I Feel Like A Woman, Don't Be Stupid, I'm Gonna Getcha Good, From This Moment On... I can go on

ToxicHot

ā€œCountry Kylie Minogueā€ :lmao:

Ā 

Isnā€™t Dolly PartonĀ the queen?Ā 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

It will forever be Shania. Ā Her massive sales are undeniable and may never be topped.Ā Dolly did her crossover thing back in the day too (without TOTALLY selling out like Swift). Ā 

Archived