Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Opinion: ARTPOP has no fillers

mic

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

The thesis is:

ARTPOP is the reverse of POPART, instead of bringing pop culture into art, we bring art into pop culture.

Bringing art into pop culture is what Gaga has done since the beginning of her career. Making music, videos and performances that are worthy of being called art is what Gaga does, what Gaga IS.

So if Gaga is the embodiment of ARTPOP, to truly understand what ARTPOP is you need to understand what Lady Gaga as a character represents, and you need to get to know who the real woman behind the character is.

By giving us insight on the things that matter to her and helped her become Lady Gaga (Dance, Sex, Art, Pop, Tech) you will hopefully understand what ARTPOP means by the end of the album.

That is pretty much the deal of the album. Aura, ARTPOP and Applause are the key songs that contextualize everything else and help turn songs that would be shallow otherwise (Donatella, Fashion!, MJH, DWUW) into truly unique insights into the mind of Lady Gaga and her relationship with the world and herself.

ARTPOP has in my opinion the deepest and most interesting concept out of all of her albums. Sadly, it’s way too obtuse and pretentious for the GP, which is a big reason why it turned so many people off, but for fans it has so many layers to peel off, which is also a big reason why the album is still talked about this often.

I don’t think she executes the concept perfectly though, in fact you could argue that she failed. If most casual listeners don’t understand or don’t care about the main concept of your album maybe you should try to make it clearer or stay on topic more often. Still, I think the main thesis of the album is pretty clear if you’re a monster, so it kinda baffles me that so many don’t get it or refuse to give it any thought.

I agree with your points.  But Gaga trying to "make it clearer" probably won't happen.  So many artists are so unclear about their work.  Often you can't get a good explanation of the meaning of lyrics, for example.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived