💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Rihanna under fire for using a Hadith on Savage X Fenty

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

FFXIV WhiteMage
3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah I guess you can but hadiths are just historical stories. Unlike the Quran thats poetic and more like a song.

Im not personally offended, but many Muslims will get offended if this is true. I dont really think she used hadiths in the song, I think its a fake story.

Im just interested in what hadith she used..

I was thinking same thing same since there’s no way her and her team wouldn’t know :laughga:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

Artists literally use religious stuff in songs all the time. Gaga did it, Madonna did it, everyone does it. Who cares? If someone using a religious chant in their songs attacks your beliefs then that's on you, not them. 

And before you start calling people Islamophobes left and right, maybe look up what real Islamophobia is. Religions are not beyond critique nor I they a red line that we cannot cross. 

Spoiler

Also Shea and Gigi are in the show???? They look so good :bradley:

EDIT: I understand Gaga and Madonna are Christians and it's different. I also understand why Muslims would find this offensive. I'm not policing anyone's reaction, but my point is that artists using religious elements in their art will maybe offend the religion but it does not mean they're not allowed to do it as long as it's not actively harming someone (like in this case). 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

JustHMLover2

Haters gonna hate and stay pressed :bear: What's new? 

Religion divides people and that's facts. 

A lot of ignorance in these comments. if someone who practices this religion finds this offensive, then let them be offended and sound off. You don’t get to tell others what to be offended by. Just accept that she HAS offended a large amount of people with this and GO. Just because it doesn’t effect you doesn’t take away from other’s thoughts on this situation. 

JustHMLover2
2 minutes ago, PETTY said:

Attacking those who practice this religion to defend this only shows how ignorant yall are. No one asked for your opinion. if someone who practices this religion finds this offensive, then let them be offended and sound off. You don’t get to tell others what to be offended by. Just accept that she HAS offended a large amount of people with this and GO. Just because it doesn’t effect you doesn’t take away from other’s thoughts on this situation. 

People are offended by the way other people breathe these days so chile

audrey horne

Rihanna or Coucou Chloé, the original artist, aren’t muslim so Hadiths don’t have a spiritual meaning for them. It’s just stories like any greek mythology, biblical or buddhist tropes widely used and questioned in art. If anything this leans more towards cultural appropriation than disrespect for Islam or muslims.

nodandsmile

Are the people here saying people should react this way or another (deciding whether it is worth being angry about or not?) muslims? 'Cause if not, that's really not your place to decide!

52 minutes ago, Karl said:

Why is this an issue? Why do we always have to tip toe around religion? It's a line out of an ancient book about a sky wizard, she can do what she wants. 

47 minutes ago, Karl said:

None of you cared when Gaga mentions or portrays religious Christian things or whatever, this isn't about it being Islam before anyone comes for me, I'm just an atheist, so I don't understand why we aren't allowed to criticise religion or use it for entertainment when the books that are worshipped in most religions have awful verses about gay people, women etc. It's like good tolerant left leaning people forget about homophobia and misogny when religion is concerned for fear of being racist or something, when it's nothing to do with race it's the book that's worshipped. 

You can mock, criticize, and attack Islam even though im a Muslim. But its weird when you use Islam to sell lingerie for no reason. There is also a big difference between criticizing the religion, and using the religion. Just my opinion..

When will you all realize that not all religions are actually the same? They all have different set of rules and people who follow or don’t follow. Bringing up Gaga or Madonna is ridiculous, since they’re both from Christian backgrounds so that’s what they’re familiar with.

Rihanna is not a Muslim, she doesn’t know the religion nor the culture. Islam is not an aesthetic most of you love to HATE, but use it for entertainment. 

Also not surprised with some of the reactions, the hypocrisy if she would disrespect anything holly or dear to you personally. :nails: 

FreePalestine

papergangster
16 minutes ago, Levine said:

Yeah this is pretty bad, she's lucky no one cared for this show and that it didn't produce any buzz (beside for this thing).

Did the ratings come out yet? Everyone I know has been raving about it. 

3 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

Are the people here saying people should react this way or another (deciding whether it is worth being angry about or not?) muslims? 'Cause if not, that's really not your place to decide!

You know most of them are not. Since seeing first lmao reactions, people on this forum love to talk over us and for us. 

FreePalestine

19 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Artists literally use religious stuff in songs all the time. Gaga did it, Madonna did it, everyone does it. Who cares? If someone using a religious chant in their songs attacks your beliefs then that's on you, not them. 

And before you start calling people Islamophobes left and right, maybe look up what real Islamophobia is. Religions are not beyond critique nor I they a red line that we cannot cross. 

Reveal hidden contents

Gaga and Madonna are Christians, and they used Christianity to criticize it, reform it, and make a political statement. Rihanna is just selling lingerie.

Edit: M.I.A. is a Hindu, and she did a Music Video where she criticized some parts of the Muslim worls for not allowing women to drive. Nobody was offended because she had a message.

littlepotter

I mean, religious symbolism has always been in art. People of those religions are always gonna be offended by it. I obviously see why muslims find it offensive. Music is haram for them already, so to remix a hadith and then use it for a lingerie show? They're definitely gonna find it very disrespectful. 

What i find confusing is non muslims being offended by this..? Like this is not a human rights issue, it's a purely religious issue, and there's no reason to be angry at this if you are not muslim yourself. If you believe religious verses are glorified fanfiction that people decide to follow, why would you care if someone used those verses for art? It all really smells like posturing and virtue signaling on the parts of everyone who has no problem with christianity being used for art but not this.

chaeri pls

Franz Ferdinand
17 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Reveal hidden contents

Gaga and Madonna are both Christian and grew up in that context. They both have used their art to criticize and explore aspects of their own religious beliefs, which is totally fine because it is their own. They get to use how they experience their religion in their art. 

Rihanna is not Muslim, so this feels very different. I doubt it was meant to offend or even make a statement, but it is, at best, tone-deaf. And if she was trying to make a political statement, this was not the way to do it; it is not her lane. 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived