Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Rihanna under fire for using a Hadith on Savage X Fenty

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Karl said:

They probably are motivated by religion, which further proves the point that religion can fuel violence and misery. 

but most people don’t blame those major religions for anything their adherents do. 

FreePalestine

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lego said:

but most people don’t blame those major religions for anything their adherents do. 

I do. 

Lona Delery
3 hours ago, Karl said:

Why is this an issue? Why do we always have to tip toe around religion? It's a line out of an ancient book about a sky wizard, she can do what she wants. 

this tbh

would you guys feel offended if they danced to some christian bible verses or smth

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Sepsami
1 minute ago, lego said:

First, he didn’t quote, he made a claim about something being in the Qur’an which was not. We were talking about depictions and mocking.

Second, yes terrorists are extremist who misinterpret the religion or use it for their own gains, so why would you basically agree with them? Why would you post verse about  war and give their interpretation? 

I'm sorry in what world is he agreeing with terrorists? That's highly offensive, he's merely acknowledging that those atrocities happen in the name of Islam/Allah. Because they do, and they shouldn't be ignored.

Christians have done the same in the past and they still use the leviticus verse to ostracise LGBTQ+ people to this day. 

That's the point he's trying to make, any dogmatic religion is potentially dangerous because of the numerous verses and ways to nitpick/twist them. 

1 minute ago, mauvais said:

You're not going to convince me most folks in the West can't critique and satirize Islam. I think most Muslims like feel as I do, neither overly offended (I am not Muslim and thus not offended) or thrilled when people depict Muhammad (getting back to my original point... I don't understand the hard-on for doodling Muhammad, there are surely more important freedom of speech issues), and I'm not going to judge millions of people on aberrations... it's possible to have complex feelings about complex topics.  

The Quran doesn't go into detail about aniconism but religious texts are like the law, you can read into them whatever you like. That's why there are some people who use religious texts to oppress others and other people who are like "sure, god will strike us down!" 

You are neither kind or tolerant, you're an a**hole :ally: don't try to associate yourself with me.

I mean I believe in equal rights for gender, trans rights, equality of race, equal rights for sexuality, so yeah I am tolerant. I'm also tolerant of other people's beliefs, as long as those beliefs don't violate any human rights laws. All I have done on this thread is try to show that not allowing any critique or mockery of religion, can be a dangerous thing.

Jewels n Drugs

Whats the problem? Wtf is a hadith 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

3 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

I'm sorry in what world is he agreeing with terrorists?

here, he’s trying to explain something false about the religion he’s not part of, something it doesn’t exist (in fact opposite): 

56 minutes ago, Karl said:

that the reason it is offensive in Islam to depict or mock Allah, is because in their book the god character says that any who do so should be killed. 

and then bringing up war verse to support his claim. and that interpretation is of extremist groups. 

FreePalestine

Hurem
1 hour ago, mauvais said:

While people obviously shouldn't be killed for depicting Muhammad, the Hebdo shooting made me sympathic to sensible people who don't feel comfortable with others depicting their prophet because I am a normal person... it's not hard, I promise.

Terrorists murdering people for making a caricature of someone made you sympathetic towards people who didn’t feel comfortable with the caricature? Jesus ****ing christ :air: Seek help :rip: 

55 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Oh. So you’re an Islamophobe. Why tf haven’t you been banned yet, I-   

I dislike all religions, but interesting how criticizing Islam is simply way too much for y’all :bear: Weird.

People who go out of their way to passionately defend a religion usually aren’t as quick or as passionate to defend non-believers from conservative bigots.

It’s truly heartbreaking to see religion, an institution of culture, being regarded as more important than human rights...

Religions aren’t under attack. They’re actually thriving, and have thrived for millennia.

Dissenters, heretics and non-believers have been historically persecuted, censored and killed by religion than the other way around.

I have no patience or compassion for anything related to religion. ANY religion. 

You choose to believe in and hold sacred something that is nothing more than a human construct. 

Sepsami
2 minutes ago, lego said:

here, he’s trying to explain something false about the religion he’s not part of, something it doesn’t exist (in fact opposite): 

and then bringing up war verse to support his claim. and that interpretation is of extremist groups. 

He could've worded it differently, I agree with that.

Point is that that is what extremists believe, apparent by the amount of innocent blood they have shed. He's openly condemning it, definitely not supporting it. 

3 minutes ago, lego said:

Yeah I'm bringing up the war verse to show you that religion can be twisted by people in bad ways to bring violence on people, that's the whole point of why I don't like religion in the first place 🙄 Stop trying to be outraged over me defending human rights. 

Sepsami

Either way, I feel like this derailed completely, it's not even about OP's post anymore but about religion in general. Which is an endless discussion. 

People claiming their religion to be under attack are wildly mistaken.

Religions are extremely successful enterprises/cultural institutions that have been thriving for thousands of years.

Criticism is more accepted nowadays thanks to human rights and freedom of speech. @Karl would’ve been killed for stating his opinions ranging from a decade to a few centuries ago if he were in muslim territory (or even today).

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived