đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith announced their only live performance this year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Franch Toast

Mistakes happen, and we have non-native English speakers on here, but once you're reminded that Sam prefers the they/their/theirs pronouns, it's disrespectful to double down and insist on misgendering them (or anyone). It's not about policing gender; it's about respecting people's identities. 

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

Personally I don’t believe in using they/them as a gender pronoun. That’s my religious beliefs but I always compromise by just saying the persons name.

I have a trans friend and my friend is perfectly okay with that. So I won’t misgender but I’ll refer to Sam Smith simply by Sam Smiths name. I hope that can be respected on here.

There is no religion that even mentions gender pronouns. You are transphobic. 

Cookie Tookie
36 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

It isn’t reasonable but go off I guess 

You can’t expect everyone to be on board with all of this. If someone is willing to compromise by using the individual’s name in place of the pronouns, sound good to me. Just like a person has every right to live the way they want and choose the pronouns the want, the other person has every right to either perceive it that way or not. It’s better to be respectful and practical about it all than to be an asshole. It’s catty, combative, demanding attitudes that turns people off from having a discussion about third gender. 

6 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

You can’t expect everyone to be on board with all of this. If someone is willing to compromise by using the individual’s name in place of the pronouns, sound good to me. Just like a person has every right to live the way they want and choose the pronouns the want, the other person has every right to either perceive it that way or not. It’s better to be respectful and practical about it all than to be an asshole. It’s catty, combative, demanding attitudes that turns people off from having a discussion about third gender. 

When somebody tells you that they are a certain gender, and you tell them you disagree with them, that’s not reasonable. How can you disagree with somebody’s gender? 

Cookie Tookie
5 minutes ago, Gagz said:

When somebody tells you that they are a certain gender, and you tell them you disagree with them, that’s not reasonable. How can you disagree with somebody’s gender? 

Some people are just not going to use they/them. It’s that simple. Whatever they’re reasoning may be. Your gender is for you, not the world. So there will always be those who perceive you as something other than you identify. What I’m saying is that people who are willing to use a person’s name in place of pronoun isn’t something to get outraged over. Any type of compromise should be seen as good, because there will never be 100% consensus on this topic. This at least allows some type of discussion without both sides bickering at each other. 

TimisaMonster
7 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

not true

Soooo....your OP is wrong? :billie:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Soooo....your OP is wrong? :billie:

what now?
Awkward_gaga.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

2 hours ago, joannesrats said:

By reducing to biological terms and stuff it kind of bypasses the gender of someone, and more often than not people identify and resonate with their gender, not their sex or biology. Thank you for being receptive and listening, it means a lot. 

I also wanna learn and be a better person so i thought you can only be transphopic to someone who is actualy transgender and we all know that Sam Smith is not so yaeh that confuses me a bit

joannesrats
7 minutes ago, Suuus said:

I also wanna learn and be a better person so i thought you can only be transphopic to someone who is actualy transgender and we all know that Sam Smith is not so yaeh that confuses me a bit

They are trans, being nonbinary falls under trans

Ladey Gaygay
4 minutes ago, MACATL said:

Them / their is grammatically incorrect.  Sam Smith is still a single individual.  

bro just call them by the pronouns they want to get called by-

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

papergangster

It’s sad that every time there is a Sam Smith thread, so many of the comments are so disrespectful. Does it really take that much effort to use their preferred pronouns? We need to do better as a community. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived