Chromatica Island

But GaGa DoEs NoT CaRe AbOuT ChrOmATcA or DanCe MuSiC AnYMoRe!1!!!11

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
42 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Ehm, i don’t have to like everything she does cause she’s depressed. I’m depressed and have suicidal thoughts too, yet i don’t expect people to like my unpopular opinions about this album but i’m still gonna say what i think :ohwell:

anyway, yeah, i’m sorry about her but as i said the fact that she’s depressed doesn’t make the album better for me so it is what it is, an ok album.

The issue isn’t your taste? Your posts came across as if you were demanding that she worked to a level that is literally unfair to expect from someone with so many struggles and who was going through such a hard time. I couldn’t care less about whether or not you like the album, but its disrespectful and invalidating to assume that she could’ve done more or wasn’t passionate enough about what she did do. 

1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

The issue isn’t your taste? Your posts came across as if you were demanding that she worked to a level that is literally unfair to expect from someone with so many struggles and who was going through such a hard time. I couldn’t care less about whether or not you like the album, but its disrespectful and invalidating to assume that she could’ve done more or wasn’t passionate enough about what she did do. 

Even then she managed to pull herself out of her slumber with the help of her friends and put together a beautiful piece of work that harkens back to her old dance music and is bursting at the seams with her pains, her feelings, her trials and tribulations. Shouldn't she be commended for her resilience and her fortitude? Yet her "fans" somehow find a way to invalidate her work, question her creative contributions over her output and strip her of her own efforts. Downright PATHETIC. 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

The people visibly twisting her words to make it fit their own opinion of the album, it’s not really that hard to know what she means: she was severely depressed, she had recorded some songs, they weren’t very good because she wasn’t inspired, Bloodpop pushed her and encouraged her and helped her make something worthy and that she enjoyed, he didn’t force her to do anything, nor is it that she didn’t care, she wasn’t on the right creative mindset and he got her there, it’s not hard to understand.

Hence the very personal nature of the album, this was her outlet to let out all of the demons and issues plaguing her that made it hard for her to make music. She used all of that to make the album into what it is. And she needed Bloodpop to get there because she couldn’t do it herself. There’s nothing wrong with her needing someone there to push her into the right creative mindset. It’s not about her not caring, it’s about her not being in a good place mentally to make music and needing that encouragement and motivation.

SHALLOW
14 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I didn’t assume anything. She said it herself that Bloodpop did most things and it definitely feels like it. 

You know, i didn’t necessarily like Joanne’s concept but it definitely felt like something only she could think of and i respected that. I wish Chromatica was more like that, that’s all.

2School4Cool
47 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I’ve always believed she had it till this album. She really didn’t know what to do with it and basically let Bloodpop do everything. I don’t think she was forced by anyone to make the album a certain way but at the same time i don’t think she cared enough about the direction of it.

I still think back to when she talked about how difficult it was to make ARTPOP because the producers cared too much about their own ideas and how Chromatica was such a fulfilling experience because the only focus was making the music as good as it could be. In the interview it seemed that she was very involved, talking about how in the studio if they added too much production-wise they’d rewind and figure out a better direction for the song to go, if a melody didn’t work they’d rework it, if a lyric didn’t flow just right she would scrap it and find a new lyric. That all sounds like she’s involved in the direction to me. These are 100% her stories, she wrote these songs, she just made it with the help of people who cared about her and helped her find the motivation to do it. At the end of the day, the important thing is that she came out of the process in such a better place than when she started. If she didn’t care about the direction I doubt it would have been as healing for her. Not trying to argue, just sharing my thoughts :happy:.

See The Best In Everyone

SHALLOW
48 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

We get it. You don't like the album. Move along instead of going out of your way to discredit her. You're a grown ass gay man, you know better than stripping successful women of their artistic integrity and undercutting their creative control over their own careers. Stop being a miserable, misogynistic asshole now.

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-small.gif

Your assumptions about me make me laugh :enigma: 

I think i’ve always been respectful when expressing my opinion. You’re being the a hole rn not me

1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

Your assumptions about me make me laugh :enigma: 

I think i’ve always been respectful when expressing my opinion. You’re being the a hole rn not me

That's there for everyone to see in the thread. Enjoy the rest of your day :vegas:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

SHALLOW
4 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

I still think back to when she talked about how difficult it was to make ARTPOP because the producers cared too much about their own ideas and how Chromatica was such a fulfilling experience because the only focus was making the music as good as it could be. In the interview it seemed that she was very involved, talking about how in the studio if they added too much production-wise they’d rewind and figure out a better direction for the song to go, if a melody didn’t work they’d rework it, if a lyric didn’t flow just right she would scrap it and find a new lyric. That all sounds like she’s involved in the direction to me. These are 100% her stories, she wrote these songs, she just made it with the help of people who cared about her and helped her find the motivation to do it. At the end of the day, the important thing is that she came out of the process in such a better place than when she started. If she didn’t care about the direction I doubt it would have been as healing for her. Not trying to argue, just sharing my thoughts :happy:.

I mean i don’t even know if i believe her at this point. Did she really get better? She believed Joanne cured her and her father and now she says it’s not really like that so idk. Whatever. Everytime i talk about this album, it always gets serious even when i don’t want to.

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

That's there for everyone to see in the thread. Enjoy the rest of your day :vegas:

Thank you for calling me a mysoginistic asshole when i ONLY listen to music from women  :enigma: You don’t know s*** 

:bye:

Just now, SHALLOW said:

Thank you for calling me a mysoginistic asshole when i ONLY listen to music from women  :enigma: You don’t know s*** 

:bye:

So because you listen to women you can't be misogynistic? 

An "I'm not racist because I have a Black friend" teas

10-twitter-moments-cardi-b-celebrates-he

2School4Cool
6 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I mean i don’t even know if i believe her at this point. Did she really get better? She believed Joanne cured her and her father and now she says it’s not really like that so idk. Whatever. Everytime i talk about this album, it always gets serious even when i don’t want to.

I suppose we can’t know for sure but I’m hopeful that it did help her. Like I said I’m not trying to argue or say I’m right and you’re wrong, just sharing my thoughts on it :)

See The Best In Everyone

HausOfAntonio
26 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Even then she managed to pull herself out of her slumber with the help of her friends and put together a beautiful piece of work that harkens back to her old dance music and is bursting at the seams with her pains, her feelings, her trials and tribulations. Shouldn't she be commended for her resilience her fortitude? Yet her "fans" somehow find a way to invalidate her work, question her creative contributions over her output and strip her of her own efforts. Downright PATHETIC. 

Idk people are just different I guess :enigma:

SHALLOW
Just now, 2School4Cool said:

I suppose we can’t know for sure but I’m hopeful that it did help her. Like I said I’m not trying to argue or say I’m right and you’re wrong, just sharing my thoughts on it :)

Well, thank you for not attacking me, at least that’s something :selena:

SHALLOW
3 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

So because you listen to women you can't be misogynistic? 

An "I'm not racist because I have a Black friend" teas

10-twitter-moments-cardi-b-celebrates-he

No, it means i only listen to them cause i think they make better music. Stop trying to make me look bad. I swear, everytime i say s*** about Chromatica y’all have to attack me in the worst way. I’m allowed to say what i think and i always make sure i’m respectful so i don’t deserve to be called a mysoginistic a hole.

Archived