💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Did you know about this 'Thoughtrave' book?

HausOfAntonio

Featured Posts

Franch Toast
11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I don't think there's a vetting process for this stuff. It's possible Gaga has never even heard of it. Unless her/her team are aware he would never get in trouble.

If it's real... maybe she thought he was a moron so she never promoted it :toofunny: 

There are vetting processes for books to be published, and the guy’s an academic. He also mentions her in the acknowledgments. If he has faked everything, don’t you think she would have sued him, and the book would no longer be in print?

(That said, his referring to Jo Calderone as “Joey” irked me.)

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
3 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

There are vetting processes for books to be published, and the guy’s an academic. He also mentions her in the acknowledgments. If he has faked everything, don’t you think she would have sued him, and the book would no longer be in print?

(That said, his referring to Joe Calderone as “Joey” irked me.)

You referring to Jo Calderone as “Joe” irked me :teehee:

Franch Toast
1 minute ago, HausOfAntonio said:

You referring to Jo Calderone as “Joe” irked me :teehee:

Sorry that was autocorrect on my phone!

She/Her/Hers

1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Its just completely weird to me how nobody knew about this?

I’m trying to remember, I think at the time it came out I must have heard about it on Twitter, but we didn’t have access to the actual text without buying it. As you say it was never promoted anywhere, Gaga’s never mentioned it, nobody reviewed it, plus the cover is weird and “interdimensional conversation” makes it seem like it might be imaginary :laughga:. I think nobody bothered to spend the money to see what it was... the author hugely dropped the ball I guess because if he’d properly told stans he had a whole book about ARTPOP in-depth he’d have moved numbers 

HausOfAntonio
1 minute ago, LaLa said:

I’m trying to remember, I think at the time it came out I must have heard about it on Twitter, but we didn’t have access to the actual text without buying it. As you say it was never promoted anywhere, Gaga’s never mentioned it, nobody reviewed it, plus the cover is weird and “interdimensional conversation” makes it seem like it might be imaginary :laughga:. I think nobody bothered to spend the money to see what it was... the author hugely dropped the ball I guess because if he’d properly told stans he had a whole book about ARTPOP in-depth he’d have moved numbers 

But that would be false advertising :selena:

Theres some complex PHD stuff going on in it I genuinely can’t keep up with most parts :enigma:

Franch Toast

PS I just looked up the press online. It’s peer-reviewed. They publish unconventional scholarly manuscripts, which this book definitely is, and they’re non-profit and committed to open access publishing, so they probably don’t care about money and numbers. Anyway, the book is legitimate. The author is on Twitter if someone wants to contact him. 

She/Her/Hers

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

PS I just looked up the press online. It’s peer-reviewed. They publish unconventional scholarly manuscripts, which this book definitely is, and they’re non-profit and committed to open access publishing, so they probably don’t care about money and numbers. Anyway, the book is legitimate. The author is on Twitter if someone wants to contact him. 

Thanks for that! Watch me go torment him to know if they’ve kept in touch :gaycat:

Franch Toast
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

Thanks for that! Watch me go torment him to know if they’ve kept in touch :gaycat:

He only has around 25 followers. Gaga isn’t one of them. :huntyga:

She/Her/Hers

Stephen
24 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

(That said, his referring to Jo Calderone as “Joey” irked me.)

well good to know but he's not that good of an academic if he thinks the lyric is COONTS :air:

38 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Literally watch any interview from the ARTPOP era and you know the lyrics is KOONS. Who the hell is this guy :saladga:

Just now, Stephen said:

well good to know but he's not that good of an academic if he thinks the lyric is COONTS :air:

I think that was a play on words/sounds/the lyrics to get around typing out a huge naughty word... a "c*nt". That she (and he) would be perceived as jerks/annoyances by those they can't please.

⚡đŸČ

littlepotter
3 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Here’s the problem with ARTPOP, and it’s not a function of the intergenerational pissing contest that oftentimes defines how mainstream and avant-garde artists express themselves. Gaga defined herself, and not necessarily in relationship to the expectations of publicists or managers or industry higher-ups. She defined herself. Said quite frankly: this is a part of me, the pop artist in the Warhol sense of the word. This is who I am and I am going to seek the affinity and collegiality of Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson who will ultimately reject what I am doing, but I am the one doing it, not you. That’s what pissed everyone off: a pop star off her chain, an outspoken woman, a beautiful creative artist no longer afraid to just “be” and embody the “born this way” ethic that skyrocketed her through the stratosphere to become the most important pop star since Freddie Mercury

:bradley:

Maybe I have to read it now and convince myself it's real :bear:

chaeri pls

Franch Toast
10 hours ago, Stephen said:

He has a few sloppy errors – see also the Jo Calderone typo as "Joey Calderone." :huntyga:

My guess is he's not really a Gaga fan and is more interested in her from a philosophical level, which is how it seems they connected. And I imagine that the press editorial board, as well as the external peer reviewers, were not Gaga stans either and thus were reviewing the academic portions of the book, i.e., his philosophical debates. 

She/Her/Hers

HausOfAntonio
23 minutes ago, Kattys said:

My little ARTPOP stan heart is shaking :woot: looking forward to read it!

My 15 yr old ARTPOP religious devotee self was in SHAMBLES :enigma:

Archived