💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Melanie Martinez - After School EP

Zedd

Featured Posts

Danny Milk
3 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Her last album was kind of a dud, is this any better?

I find this way better than K-12, this is actually what I was expecting for K-12 to sound like

I guess it doesn't really matter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chesescake

Not said this is bad, but my opinion of this ep definitely not positive.

If U r her stan, u may find a little bit, mimic highlight, I will said her vocal is a little bit improve from each project she put out, but goddanm this is nothing special. While her whack visual is nearly perfect, she need to improve her sound.

4 minutes ago, OBO said:

Not said this is bad, but my opinion of this ep definitely not positive.

If U r her stan, u may find a little bit, mimic highlight, I will said her vocal is a little bit improve from each project she put out, but goddanm this is nothing special. While her whack visual is nearly perfect, she need to improve her sound.

agreed but remember this is just a gift for the fans, theyre literally k-12 rejects so ya know expectations should be lowered

So I just listened to the EP for the first time and these are my thoughts

1. Notebook

Spoiler

Kinda boring, but interesting lyrics, nothing really too strong though, production stays the same throughout the song and there aren't really any hooks that grab me at all. I'm gonna have to get used to it though, like I want to like it.

2. Test Me

Spoiler

WOAH that intro! I was NOT expecting this! Omg I like this! :music:

Reminds me of almost like a dark alternative song from the 90's but WAY more modern pop sounding. Love the harmonies. It also reminds me of Mad Hatter almost. There's a LOT more interestingness to this than there is for Notebook!

The distorted vocal in the last choruses reminds me of the beat drop in her unreleased song 99 Cent Store.

Well that was interesting, I liked it, I feel like there could've been more, but WAY better than Notebook! :firega:

3. Brain & Heart

Spoiler

So far sounds like Notebook, Copy Cat, and Fire Dril- Actually most of the K-12 songs.

There's barely any difference throughout the whole track like Notebook, like they decided to repeat the same measure the whole time with maybe an electronic high hat on the last few choruses.

On the bridge there's a little percussion, that's it.

Ok here's the problem I've had with all these songs so far, there aren't actual hooks that capture my interest to the songs, just a bunch of words that have melodies.

Anyway, 4. Numbers

Spoiler

Already I like this intro.

WOAH I'm NOT ready for this one! The vocals! Omg a hook I like!!! :wtfga:

Ok BEST chorus so far!!! THAT HIGH NOTE! Omg!!!! :wtfga:

Ok I LOVE this song, this is the best one so far! Why didn't the 2 songs I didn't like be more have hooks like this one does???? :crossed:

Woah this bridge, it reminds me of another song, I'm imagining Lana Del Rey, which song... **** It I Love You! That's what this bridge is giving me! FIILY by Lana Del Rey!... I don't know why :laughga:

Oh these vocal effects at the end I don't like at all, this isn't good :air:

Great vocals but there's TOO much happening, I don't like this ending very much. Maybe I will sometime else.

Ok the last line was better since there weren't any other distorted effects.

5. Field Trip

Spoiler

Already getting a Class Fight vibe, so far I like this. Cool pre-chorus. I don't like the part of the chorus that emulates a kid while she swears I don't like that. I like that post-chorus though! Nice little vocal melodies :)

Omg SPANISH??? YAS! :firega:

"You always say you're woke, it's your aesthetic" :bon:

This reminds me of a Sia song, and honestly I think Sia would do this MUCH better...

Well that was a waste of time :green:

6. Glue 

Spoiler

Another interesting intro, gonna be the only thing interesting about it I'm guessing :green:

Ou actually these verses are doing pretty good... let's hope the chorus holds up :vegas:

Ou I kind of like this actually! It reminds me of Recess! From her K-12 album, the chorus I mean, nothing else sounds like it. 

I like this chorus but WHY does she have to swear? It just takes me out of the song when she does it as much as she does, is she not capable of being able to come up with something better??? So far this has been the best song all around with a nice production to back it up, but that swearing... I'm just so bored of Melanie swearing half the lyrics for her songs, SO bored, I'm over it, Melanie leave the swearing for inside the studio and come up with something more interesting and something that would actually capture your poetry in a golden light and not something that would shy people away from it, I just want the best for you :heart:

7. The Bakery, the lead single of the EP

Spoiler

A cool intro with the bass, I like this.

This sounds like a good K-12 song! I could see this on the album.

Ok I LOVE this chorus, best chorus on the whole EP! And it has nice verses! I can tell why it was chosen for the single of the album, because it's the best one.

Ok BEST song on the EP without a doubt! The best chorus, little to no swearing that's distracting, catchy verses, a cool production too with the bass, all together the best song on this project! :firega:

So... I'm gonna need some more time with this, hopefully it grows on me but other than The Bakery I'm just not really interested in anything else, either the vocals just didn't sound right or there wasn't really anything interesting about most of the songs that grabbed me in a way that would peak my interest. I don't know.

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Brecht said:

:(

K-12 was one of my top 3 albums of 2019.

8 minutes ago, Hebi said:

and that she released The Bakery only :poot:

I don’t mind at all actually :bear:

1 hour ago, Brecht said:

K-12 isn’t much of a dud, first of all, however, this is not any better, The Bakery is the best song on the EP :derpga:

8 minutes ago, DC said:

K-12 isn’t much of a dud, first of all, however, this is not any better, The Bakery is the best song on the EP :derpga:

Personally I think this EP has a better style and sound, I also feel that the songs are more "unique" and each one has its own aura (Like in her first album CB). I still love K-12

My favorite songs from the EP are Test Me and Numbers :ally:

Also I don't feel like Melanie has a BAD work so far

💜

7 minutes ago, Focz said:

Personally I think this EP has a better style and sound, I also feel that the songs are more "unique" and each one has its own aura (Like in her first album CB). I still love K-12

lemme tell YOU something,

it might b a lil personal, look away guys

YOUR TASTE IS IMPECCABLE, and that alice being your display song of choice!

10 minutes ago, Focz said:

I feel like every other song on the EP has the same aura except for Glue and The Bakery :air:

Archived