Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Melanie Martinez - After School EP

Zedd

Featured Posts

Original Diva
15 hours ago, Versace said:

where the f is Fire Drill :triggered:

She already released it anyway. Who cares. We get all new material! 

excuse me no

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DC said:

I feel like every other song on the EP has the same aura except for Glue and The Bakery :air:

Anyway..:selena:

💜

DOJA CAT

I think every song sounds different tbh, I wish Copycat and Fire Drill were included or atleast put on the Re-release of the K-12 After School Deluxe Edition (The Fame Monster vibes with the rollout). Some of the first songs remind me of her Dollhosue EP tracks like Bittersweet Tragedy and Dead to Me

thank u, next

Listening to it rn I while give my thoughts when I’m done:firega:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

It was nice. Liked all the songs except the first three :jase:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

pop ate my heart

EW is she really half naked in lingerie while still playing that disgusting little girl character?

this is getting more disgusting and creepy in time, she needs to stop it asap:triggered:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

so far, it's my least favourite project of hers, & Crybaby is still unbeatable

but I'm giving this a solid 7. Sonically, sometimes it's dull, sometimes it's beautiful, but the lyrical content on this one... chef's kiss

Ranking:

1. Field Trip

2. Numbers

3. Glued

4. The Bakery

5. Brain & Heart

6. Test Me

7. Notebook

Also, ngl she needs a new producer :bear: but whatever

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

Evan Peters
23 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

EW is she really half naked in lingerie while still playing that disgusting little girl character?

this is getting more disgusting and creepy in time, she needs to stop it asap:triggered:

these songs have nothing to do with the crybaby persona. 

emma roberts is an abuser

1 hour ago, SOYEON said:

I think every song sounds different tbh, I wish Copycat and Fire Drill were included or atleast put on the Re-release of the K-12 After School Deluxe Edition (The Fame Monster vibes with the rollout). Some of the first songs remind me of her Dollhosue EP tracks like Bittersweet Tragedy and Dead to Me

You know what song I think fits perfectly on this album? Piggyback! I think Piggyback was a teaser of this direction, which kinda came out in K-12, but that album was still half written during the Crybsby era. 
also Recess fits with this sound to me!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

TimisaMonster

I love Melanie but I found this EP to be quite boring...:bradley:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

The more she releases, the more it makes Cry Baby seem like a one-time fluke. This is so absolutely middling, at least it's marginally less uninspired than K-12?

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

19 hours ago, MonsterARTPOP said:

lol where's the growth

5 hours ago, OBO said:

Not said this is bad, but my opinion of this ep definitely not positive.

If U r her stan, u may find a little bit, mimic highlight, I will said her vocal is a little bit improve from each project she put out, but goddanm this is nothing special. While her whack visual is nearly perfect, she need to improve her sound.

4 hours ago, DC said:

I feel like every other song on the EP has the same aura except for Glue and The Bakery :air:

3 hours ago, come to papa said:

I like K-12 but it took me awhile and it grew on me a lot
so maybe the same thing for this EP

2 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

I love Melanie but I found this EP to be quite boring...:bradley:

1 hour ago, gag said:

The more she releases, the more it makes Cry Baby seem like a one-time fluke. This is so absolutely middling, at least it's marginally less uninspired than K-12?

Guys remember that this EP is literally just b-sides/leftovers that didn't make the cut for K-12, that she just released anyway for the fans. The Bakery was the only song written specifically for the EP (which is why it's the most well received).

Tbh this kind of critical reception is proooobably why other artists don't release cut tracks/leftovers for fans. Because everyone thinks it's a serious release and judges very harshly. I'm sure her next proper album will be amazing!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Chesescake
13 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Guys remember that this EP is literally just b-sides/leftovers that didn't make the cut for K-12, that she just released anyway for the fans. The Bakery was the only song written specifically for the EP (which is why it's the most well received).

Tbh this kind of critical reception is proooobably why other artists don't release cut tracks/leftovers for fans. Because everyone thinks it's a serious release and judges very harshly. I'm sure her next proper album will be amazing!

Their already have people speak out for that but still, you're right. I already forgot it's a b-side. K-12 is nice so I kinda feel sad that After school can't as good as it is.

And Carly Rae is truly the reason why I take cut tracks seriously, I'm mean look at her cut tracks, most of them are so good.

Archived