Full Explanation of 911 (Bulleted)

Quartz

Featured Posts

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Quartz said:

Yes ma'am I already revised it :laughga:

I'm like so on edge artpolice tease right now, im so sorry im just SO ****ING EXCITED and her vision seems to be so calculated for this video and i think the symbolism behind the pomegranates is important. thank you for humoring me 

Bonkers
11 minutes ago, TheGerm said:

they're not "fruits" they are pomegranates..... think Persephone's abduction by Hades....... 

Screenshot-2020-09-18-at-1-55-29-PM.png

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Stupid Oreo
Just now, Bonkers said:

Screenshot-2020-09-18-at-1-55-29-PM.png

maybe gags was just getting some apples chile :triggered:

17 minutes ago, Quartz said:

Full interpretation of the music video by order of appearance:

1) Black Horseman in a White Desert - This signifies the poster for New Mexico Gaga saw before the accident. He may also signify Death or her body luring her deeper in her mind.

2) The Red Mask - This is the blood from the accident.

3) Bike with Pomegranates - The first real element in Gaga's vision. Most probably the victim of the collision. Pomegranates simultaneously signify life and death. 

4) The Red Anklet - Gaga's broken foot in real life.

5) Walking to the White Chapel - This is the movie poster Gaga saw. This can also signify the deepest recesses of her mind, protecting her from trauma.

6) Pillow Man - Another victim of the accident who crashed on his steering wheel.

7) Black Girl in Blue - The first spectator to the accident. Most likely the one who called 911.

8) Two Yellow Men Holding a Door - These are two firemen holding the car door to get Gaga out of the mangled vehicle.

9) Woman Holding a White Body - A woman holding a victim who got hit by the car.

10) Additional Three People in Blue - Additional spectators filming the whole thing.

11) Yellow Man Mixing a Cauldron - ???

12) The Latin in Guy in Black and the Black Mary in White - These are the paramedics trying to save Gaga's life.

13) The Spinning Umbrella - The paramedics descending via a helicopter.

14) The Purse with the Picture of the Doll - This signifies the pills that would have made her stable. Did she cause the accident?

15) The Latin Guy Strangling the White Mummy - The paramedic was checking for a pulse.

16) The Black Mary Covering the Pillow Man with a Sheet - This was the paramedic covering the victim with a thermal blanket.

17) A Man with Dog Ears whose Face is Being Covered by the Latin Man - The paramedic giving oxygen to one of the victims.

18) The Black Mary Flashing a Mirror on Gaga - The paramedic was flashing her flashlight on Gaga's pupil's looking for consciousness. Gaga in the dreamscape is her consciousness.

19) Gaga Floating Away with a Rose - This signifies Gaga's consciousness/life leaving her body.

20) The Latin Guy Pulling Her with a Rope - The paramedic gave her CPR. You can even see a brief flash of the real world as she comes crashing down.

21) The Rope - It was the tourniquet used on Gaga's foot.

22) Latin and Gaga Mouth-to-Mouth Action - This was CPR, mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

23) Yellow Man on Ladder Sprinkling Rose Petals - This is a fireman repairing the movie sign. The petals were sparks.

24) Men in Blue Masks - These are policemen.

25) The Blue Streamers Waving in the Wind - This was the fire hydrant spewing water.

26) The Peacock - This represented Armenia in the Armenian Film Festival signage.

27) The Black Mary Holding a Snake - This is the snake in the cross logo of the paramedics.

28) Gaga in Yellow Spasming - This is Gaga's body rejecting the medication/treatment.

29) The Mural - This was the scene of what really happened. Gaga is now getting closer to surfacing to reality.

30) The Latin Guy Touching Her Heart Area - The paramedic giving her heart pumps and CPR.

31) Gaga in Black Floral Outfit - This is Gaga being put in a full-body brace.

32) The Box - This is the defibrillator.

33) The Virgin Sacrifice - As dream world and real world collide, the vision concludes in a terrifying sacrificial scene as the pain comes rushing in. It's interesting that the knife that kills her in the dream world is the current of electricity that brings her to life in the real world.

34) 'I didn't have my pills!' - This suggests that she caused the accident because she wasn't stable because she did not have her medication.

35) LG Advertisement - 'Life is good.' Ironic, isn't it?

Did I miss anything? Please let me know! I would update the list. Great video Gaga! This actually made me love the song. 💊💊

EDIT: If anyone has any idea what the cauldron guy represents, please let me know!

GAMS, gay popstar

VenusPenus

in the dream sequence, the firemen in the yellow have “911” on their hats in Roman numerals

let’s stay playful together

Just now, VenusPenus said:

in the dream sequence, the firemen in the yellow have “911” on their hats in Roman numerals

Forgot about that, adding that now :)

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

For me her movements throughout the video seem very meticulously calculated, very much like 'The Color of Pomegranates', and with her hands it's almost like one hand is doing what her mind doesn't want to (my biggest enemy is me) - almost like the right hand and left hand are 2 different characters. The gloves make her hands look as though as they are even further removed from her own body. I think it's worth noting that one hand always has a bracelet and the other doesn't. 

Just now, Orly D said:

For me her movements throughout the video seem very meticulously calculated, very much like 'The Color of Pomegranates', and with her hands it's almost like one hand is doing what her mind doesn't want to (my biggest enemy is me) - almost like the right hand and left hand are 2 different characters. The gloves make her hands look as though as they are even further removed from her own body. I think it's worth noting that one hand always has a bracelet and the other doesn't. 

Wait wait wait, hold up. Let me watch the vid again.

I'm really confused by people who didn't understand the meaning after they finished watching it. I saw some people on Twitter saying that they had to read comments and analysis to... understand that she had an accident and all we saw before was in her head?

I'm not talking about the references and details here, just the main story :saladga:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

OMonster

To truly understand the video, it helps to replace the car crash with a mental health episode. 

Then, you'll see how the video is about needing 911 (her tablets) to save her from her 'manic' brain (the hallucinations), just like how 911 (the emergency services) are needed to save someone from a car accident.

It's about saying how mental health is just as bad as physical health, and needs emergency treatment in the same way a physical disaster requires.

subtext / fantasy

3 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

The koons balls 

In the water? What does that mean?

Archived