💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Honeymoon by LDR turns 5

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

On this day, 5 years ago Lana Del Rey released her fourth official studio album, Honeymoon.

5608457420b8d.image.jpg

Musically, Honeymoon is a retro-styled body of work with elements of dream pop, baroque pop, soul and jazz. At the same time, it bares similarities to the cinematic trip hop sound of her debut album Born To Die.

High By The Beach, Music To Watch Boys To, Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You are the songs released as promotion of the record. Additionally, a video was shot for the album track Freak.

The album received a meta-score of 78 on metacritic and is considered by many Lana's greatest body of work. Besides the singles, it also includes fan-favorites such as the The Blackest Day, God Knows I Tried and Art Deco.

Photoshoot/ pics from the era:

latest?cb=20170708053933

latest?cb=20170713044844

latest?cb=20151121204702

e819dc8381a1e936d412ab2236d67d38.jpg

latest?cb=20171013044036

latest?cb=20151121154350

lana-del-rey-honeymoon-itunes-lp-outtake-banner-download.jpg

latest?cb=20170708054106

latest?cb=20151121204828

latest?cb=20170313053112

latest?cb=20151121204807

What is your opinion on this album? What are your favorite songs off it? Did your opinion on it change over time (if so, how and to what extend?) How would you rank it in the context of Lana's discography? Discuss. :lana:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

I think this is the best Lana album after Born To Die/Paradise. There’s only like 3 skips for me. My favorites are Art Deco, God Knows, Blackest Day, and 24 Hours. I think this album is highly underrated in here and doesn’t get the praise it deserves. 

Her best album and one of my favourites ever! My fave song is Salvatore

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

littlepotter

It took me so long to appreciate this album but I'm glad it happened. Whew what a gorgeous piece of art that I hope she can replicate some day :heat:

chaeri pls

Used to dislike this album a lot at first, but now it's my favourite of hers. So dreamy :flutter:

@Illuminati thank you for making me listen to it again and letting there be light, truly lit up my life, god knows you did that :diane:

Stream The Love Invention

Thomas P

Okay. I’m gonna piss some people off, but this album is one I go so back forth on. 
Everything from the visual aesthetic to the overall sonic vibe is so far up my alley, and I love it for those things, but there’ll be days where I think it’s just the biggest snooze fest of all time, and days where I thinks a masterpiece. 

It’s a weird one for me, and it’s probably my least favourite of Lana’s discography to date. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

FfFfFfFF
17 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Her best album! Timeless, beautiful, a masterpiece :firega:

I thought it was released on the 18th tho...

It is the 18th...

in New Zeeland.

tenor.gif

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, PlastiscGuy said:

You're from New Zealand? Your serve :giveup:

I can be. :vegas:  Anytime an album of my faves gets released, when a throwback thread is done etc I temporarily become a NZ resident.

Archived