music news

Official: Madonna Biopic Written by Madonna & Diablo Cody

God Control

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

I think Miley Cyrus would do a good job personally

Miley-3.jpg?width=1000&height=614&fit=boeaab87fd3a29b8484e0f41ff2b5b2434.jpg

I kinda want a new actress to play her, but Miley looks amazing in that photo.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster
4 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

There’s really no way around celebrity biopics. If someone waits until the artist dies like Bohemian Rhapsody it’ll end up not being entirely accurate and becomes a directors vision. If it’s like Elton Johns biopic where they’re too much involved, it becomes too biased and narcissistic.

Yeah I suppose the best way to do it is just do a documentary and follow the person around kinda like FF2...Gaga had no idea what they filmed and how it was edited, so it was just a "fly on the wall" view of her life which was interesting

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

there was already one on the road that seemed so rock and promising. I wonder what happened with it and why suddenly Madges directs it. on the other hand. It's her life. She doesn't have to be shamed for desiring to be in control of her narrative. People will respond if they feel it's sincere and interesting. I just wish it's not too much story telling. 

The book her brother made is crazy. You can find it in audiobook. 

hello hello baby.

DiskoBaby
10 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Yeah I suppose the best way to do it is just do a documentary and follow the person around kinda like FF2...Gaga had no idea what they filmed and how it was edited, so it was just a "fly on the wall" view of her life which was interesting

Documentaries are interesting when they interview the people in their lives and tell their perspective. It gives you a bigger picture on their life and what happened.

I feel like they did the biopics right when it came to Michael Jackson. It focused on the Jackson 5 and their upbringing and stopped when he became a superstar. If it’s focused more their childhood until their prime, and less on their scandals throughout their career it’s more entertaining and less biased.

1 hour ago, LaLuna said:

Writing her own biopic? Jesus, that woman's ego knows no boundaries.

And I bet there will be zero mention of her flop career in movies :haroon:

And what is different from writing her own biography, she decited to direct movie instead and not by herself but with Diablo Cody writing the scenario and Amy Pascal is producer, so give yourself a break with ego comment (and btw Madonna have absolutely right to have big ego).

Chromatican

I’m really excited for this tbh. Madonna has always had a dramatic flair for writing and Diablo Cody wrote Juno, United States of Tara and Jennifer’s Body. This could be very promising if the lead actress is well cast. 

Julia Garner is playing her. 

They followed each other recently, and apparently Madonna mentionned it during her instagram live the other day (not sure about that last part)

MB-COMP-MADONNA.jpg?strip=all&quality=10

ThisGuyTony

Madonna literally went on a livestream last week and said she was gonna showcase a lot of her struggles in the movie. The overdramatics in this thread. :rip: 

androiduser

I do believe that she is the best person to tell her story but not sure how objective it can be, and how much of it will be "woe is me", and I really don't have any faith in her skill as a director. I doubt that she will stick to the formula that makes a good biographical movie.

She's had such an extraordinary life, I wonder what they'll focus on. 

Misogony will probably be a running theme. From the start Madonna had to fight for her place in pop, was not taken seriously by men and women, everyone seemed threatened, uneased by her and it never really stopped.

The impact of her mother's death, her struggles in NYC, losing her friends to HIV, the burden of fame and the impact of her celebrity on her friends and family, her loneliness, her out of this world level of discipline, her complex relationships with Sean Penn, Tupac.

She's so fascinating and is really good at keeping a wall up so I'm excited to see her story.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived