💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Great Lyrics but Not-as-Great Production

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

PopRoyalty

Sine from the Above is one of the greatest tracks Gaga has ever produced but its production is dated and the EDM breakdown is Gaga's worst ever alongside Free Woman.  Gaga's eletronic production was much more fresh, edgier, and experimental with her preiou albums such as ARTPOP and Born This Way. The chromatica producers tried to stay true to the classic EDM production instead of challenging and musically pushing the genre forward with some innovation. What did not make it any better was Gaga was not as involved with the musical production and did not give any input or shared any ideas for the tracks like she did on BTW. She just left everything in the hands of the producers and gave them the full oppurtunity to execute their own vision without any actual say by herself. Some Chromatica tracks Like Free Woman, Sine From Above, 1000 Doves, etc could have been so much better. Do not get me wrong, I am satisfied and enjoy playing these songs but with the right producers and I dare say from the past would have elevated the production and beats.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose P
2 hours ago, River said:

All Joanne, it had to be a dance album

Take my hand, stay Joanne

Heaven’s not ready you

*beat drop, dubstep dance break*

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, MonsterofFame said:

Okay guys I'm gonna say it...

Sine From Above!

It's such a beautiful song lyrically, but the production sounds like a 2012-era EDM leftover. The breakdown at the end is so cliche of early 2010's EDM pop. It's also mixed flat like most of Chromatica so it doesn't lift you like it should.

This song sounds like it was made to be a piano ballad and I really hope she treats us to it during the tour.

What pop song was doing hardcore Drum n Bass in 2012 sis :laughga:

CHROMATICON

Sine From Above is probably one of the most hyped songs fron the album but its production is just too dated, it sounds like a 2012 tomorrowland track. I've said this a million times, Chromatica is my fav Gaga album but I feel like she should have released this album back in 2013, ARTPOP needed that sound tbh

President Biden

Plastic Doll - doesn’t have a satisfying sound

Heal Me - production is just weak

Grigio Girls - same as above

Dope - not necessary, could’ve been acoustic with just an interlude before hand

I got drunk

Original Diva

I have to agree with come to mama. Although I do love the song, the production lacks in that song. 

I understand the song is not a production-driven song and the main focus is the lyrical content, but it still could have used a little more...

excuse me no

President Biden
18 minutes ago, PopRoyalty said:

Sine from the Above is one of the greatest tracks Gaga has ever produced but its production is dated and the EDM breakdown is Gaga's worst ever alongside Free Woman.  Gaga's eletronic production was much more fresh, edgier, and experimental with her preiou albums such as ARTPOP and Born This Way. The chromatica producers tried to stay true to the classic EDM production instead of challenging and musically pushing the genre forward with some innovation. What did not make it any better was Gaga was not as involved with the musical production and did not give any input or shared any ideas for the tracks like she did on BTW. She just left everything in the hands of the producers and gave them the full oppurtunity to execute their own vision without any actual say by herself. Some Chromatica tracks Like Free Woman, Sine From Above, 1000 Doves, etc could have been so much better. Do not get me wrong, I am satisfied and enjoy playing these songs but with the right producers and I dare say from the past would have elevated the production and beats.

I don’t agree with the criticized songs, but I agree with your larger argument. Chromatica sounds safe, like Future Nostalgia or After Hours. 

That’s not who Gaga is. Gaga is boundary pushing. She should have aimed to be like Manic or the 2 most recent Charli XCX albums. Something with SOPHIE, AG Cook, and then some of her producers like Madeon, could’ve made that. 

I will say though that Replay is highly innovative and Stupid Love/Rain On Me are ~safeish~ but stay true to Gaga. 

I got drunk

Original Diva
3 minutes ago, President Biden said:

Plastic Doll - doesn’t have a satisfying sound

Heal Me - production is just weak

Grigio Girls - same as above

Dope - not necessary, could’ve been acoustic with just an interlude before hand

I think the "weak" production for heal me works tbh

I think it could've used more towards the ending, but I think the rather "plain" or "lackluster" production works for the song. 

excuse me no

1 hour ago, MonsterofFame said:

Okay guys I'm gonna say it...

Sine From Above!

It's such a beautiful song lyrically, but the production sounds like a 2012-era EDM leftover. The breakdown at the end is so cliche of early 2010's EDM pop. It's also mixed flat like most of Chromatica so it doesn't lift you like it should.

This song sounds like it was made to be a piano ballad and I really hope she treats us to it during the tour.

the whole thing literally reminds me of better off alone by alice dj

pop ate my heart

Fun Tonight for me

The lyrics are not her best, could've been better, but I like them after all

However the production... it's not bad bad tho, I get that she wanted to make a danceable sad song, but she could've done so much more to make it fit a bit more with the theme of the song. It just sounds way too 'happy' and 'bright' for me, if that makes any sense, to the point where it's anticlimatic and it doesn't really transmit any emotion. that's just how i feel tho, but we all know she has the potential to make good sad dance songs after all she did in TFM. 

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Bradley

Folklore apart from a couple of tracks.

I was listening to High Road by Kesha and I realised how High Road has a much better sense of melodies than Folklore.

Jose P
2 hours ago, President Biden said:

I don’t agree with the criticized songs, but I agree with your larger argument. Chromatica sounds safe, like Future Nostalgia or After Hours. 

After Hours safe? Safe like Future Nostalgia? Have you even listened to it?

dynamite

1000 Doves 

I love the song, lyrics and vocals so it's not hate - but if I had to focus on the production it's very ordinary.

Enigma

Tbh the production on most of Chromatica feels very ... Idk can't describe it, one layered, mono, quiet

Archived