💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Sexxx Dreams" was planned to be the lead single of ARTPOP

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

RenegAde
47 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

applause is only song from ARTPOP performed on Joanne world tour...so of course she loves applause

Its the only hit from ARTPOP so i assumed that was why she incorporated it in all her performances except the superbowl( which i definitely think she could have done applause instead of telephone .

But to hear say how much she loves it makes me so happy cuz i  feel exactly the same way .

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Massive Monster
2 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Sexxx Dreams deserved the "we were in the swimming pool" verse :triggered:

or what I call the "1000 Doves" verse :enigma:

Kind regards

Anderson123

We knew she wanted Aura and that Sex Dreams was also considered to be the lead single at some point but she also said that Applause was almost scrapped and it was the label who decided that should be the lead. 

Sunny

when they would've censored the sexxx to "last night, damn you were in my-dreams"

that would've been a mess of a lead

I like dancin', and ponies....

ladygagafan1234
9 minutes ago, LadyInsecto said:

the lyrics are "former AND", not "friend". She killed her Born This Way self, not Beyoncé. Idk why people still believe the song lyrics are related to Telephone MV.

Former means former partner. She hasn't killed her BTW self (?) because in Fashion! she reiterates she's married to the night and in Gypsy she quotes Scheibe. ARTPOP is literally Gaga's only record with references to her previous work. It's obviously the continuation, that's why people still think it is.

djBuffoon

It's a phenomenal track, and much better on its own than "Applause", but it wouldn't have made sense as a lead single.

"GUY" should've been the one: retains that familiar Gaga formula, it's super catchy, and it was produced by Zedd. A no-brainer.

PartySick
22 minutes ago, Admin said:

That song has a 10/10 chorus and 1/10 verses.

I'm about to find out if it's possible to ban you from your own site xoxo

đŸ–€

homomo

Why does it feel like we heard this years ago though?

I remember Tara Savelo back in 2012/early 2013 saying something like “The Lead single of ARTPOP is going to make you pee your pants” then Gaga tweeted Sex Dreams lyrics 

Didn't she claim it was a label's choice/imposition several times?:huh:

Btw, Applause was the perfect lead.

Benji

Applause is a banger so the right choice was made.  Sex Dreams would’ve been a messy lead single, especially if it was that final version we got where it’s just hollow :billie:

Archived