💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Heaven and Hell - Discussion (Spoilers)

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

Please don't post directly if your post includes spoilers. Put them on 'SPOILER' box. Thank you! 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BeIIadonna
2 minutes ago, Voce Viva said:

Do we have any info about the tour?:flutter:

One was planned for September/October of this year, but they couldn't announce it so cancelled it (because of the pandemic). It seems as though they'll be reorganising one though, but nothing else was mentioned

Karen Smith

Will it be on iTunes? I'm actually very curious of this record, I don't think there will be better songs than Torn but we'll see I hope I'm wrong. 

BeIIadonna
Just now, Little99 said:

Will it be on iTunes? I'm actually very curious of this record, I don't think there will be better songs than Torn but we'll see I hope I'm wrong. 

Yes! It's already available for pre-order, for £8.99 (UK)

Stupid Oreo
1 minute ago, Little99 said:

From what I have heard there are way better songs on the album :ally:

CHROMATICON
1 minute ago, Little99 said:

Why wouldn't it be on iTunes? 

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

The album will be out in 2 hours (New Zealand)! 

Ava is coming :tony:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Anveeroy
Just now, 777777777777777777 said:

Ava is coming :tony:

Max is coming! :awesome:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Teletubby
Just now, Aarghya said:

Max is coming! :awesome:

Amanda is coming 
wy-2.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

OMonster
2 hours ago, Voce Viva said:

I dont care, she is a lovely human being

I'm sorry, but this is really, really awkward and unbearable at this stage.

I really like Ava and her songs, but she / her team have a very real and transparent 'problem' when it comes to Gaga.

Her responses around Gaga are extremely false ('we're the only blonde women in the industry') - I mean, come on, it's ridiculous. 

There is no way Ava's image, music and fashion is not directly 'inspired by' Gaga - yet the reference is completely ignored.

She / her team have manufactured Ava to be something 'Gaga-like', and it is very clear. Even the story about her 'unconventional hair cut' - the idea she was baking cookies, cutting her hair and 'just so happened to like it half done' is a ludicrous attempt at 'legitimising' her 'kookiness'. For starters, it's a wig... yet she tells the story as though she was cutting her real hair? It's so contrived :saladga:

And while a lot of people on this forum like to dismiss opinions like these as 'hate'... it's not - it's just commenting on what's objectively being presented.  I don't look to compare Gaga to ANY artist, and nor am I 'intimidated' by another 'blonde pop star, which is a really ridiculous suggestion. 

The Madonna / Gaga comparisons are very different to Ava / Gaga. The former is a very obvious (and constantly credited) form of inspiration, whilst the latter is an obvious and extremely contrived attempt at replicating someone's personality, music and artistry for commercial gain in an inauthentic way. 

Just look at Ava speak in an interview. She's great, lovely, fun... but she's not a Gaga or Madonna. And there's nothing wrong with that, of course - not every pop star has to be 'avant-garde' - but I'm finding it so irritating how she and her team are kind of gaslighting pop fans with the whole 'I'm nothing like Lady Gaga' thing. 

Look at her previous, and relatively recent output, prior to SBP and you'll see for yourself how contrived her 'transformation' has been from that point. It was a total - 'ok, this works... let's be weird, let's be the outcast, let's wear platforms, and let's make 2000s pop music"

I don't usually get so irked by other artists, but this is so frustrating :saladga:

It's a shame, too, because Ava is really talented and I actually feel quite sorry for her, because I believe she has been shoehorned into this position and is now trying to make it work. It's just all so fake!

subtext / fantasy

Archived