achievement

"Always Remember Us This Way" Goes Platinum in the UK

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge

Wait, on the same day as Alejandro? Yasssss!

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

rasclautmangos

I wonder if it was Warner Bros. idea to only push shallow or was it Interscope's decision. 

I feel like ASIB could have smashed even harder that it did. 

chromaticainmyhead

they could have easily kept the ASIB era alive with new single releases until late 2019. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

chromaticainmyhead
1 hour ago, rasclautmangos said:

I wonder if it was Warner Bros. idea to only push shallow or was it Interscope's decision. 

I feel like ASIB could have smashed even harder that it did. 

maybe it was a contractual issue. this is just assumption but I can imagine that the original contracts were signed months and months before recording for the soundtrack even started and it was clear from the beginning how many single releases there will be and depending on the success of the era how much room there is for extra releases. I guess the singles being released were planned as an additional „gadget“ to the overall promo appearances on tv supporting the movie release and of course the soundtrack but I feel like no one really imagined the heights that these releases and the movie were actually going for. And when it happened they couldn‘t do much than negotiating ways to promote the music more under the given conditions of the signed contracts. Especially when these conditions were negotiated between Warner Bros. and Interscope and Gaga‘s is Interscope‘s client it‘s not like she or her manager can go to them in the middle of the promo-rollout and demand more releases when in fact everything has already been signed and is set to go public in a few weeks. Not to forget this was such a stressful time for Gaga herself with festival season, giving interviews nonstop and the Acadamy Awards at its peak that I could understand her rather declining to set up new contracts and negotiations when she already had Haus Labs release coming up in a few weeks as well. This was also the time period were she began having major depression after the separation with Christian happenend.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Curunir
4 hours ago, JohnWayne said:

it‘s a shame they didn’t release a second single off her best selling record in the last decade 

Born This Way says hi :fan:

OT: YAS the UK serving taste yet again, and for the second time today after Alejandro no less :vegas:

Tbh the UK has been stanning so hard this year I might actually forgive them for Brexit :ally:

Rain On Me honey, you're next :vegas:

JustTea

The smash duo Shallow & ARUTW, both still charting WW AM and iTunes. :worship2:

Still can't believe how they didn't push other songs from the album, also Clover had potential but was completely wasted... :saladga:

This has been said before, but this is the hit single that got away! I don't understand why Interscope didn't release this and INLA as the singles? Then again with Gaga being so busy with awards season and Shallow being the biggest hit it would've been harder to push them. ASIB really is a flawless record, the film really holds a special place in my heart as it was released around the time i started to feel better from my depression.

PartySick

They probably didn't push the singles because ASIB is not an album and there is no "ASIB era" (era in terms like "ARTPOP era" or "Chromatica era").

It was a movie. The music accompanied it. It would be weird to push the music to the forefront imo. Especially because the big story was how well Bradley directed it and how well they acted together :sweat:

The soundtrack and Shallow were just icing on the cake :gayhat:

What we should really do is beg Gaga to make more power ballads like ARUTW. It's clearly what the gp wants from her and it's something she does best :golfclap:

💚

Archived