Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman is not Single-Worthy

GAGASEXUAL

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

Sour Candy isn't really that commercial though. It's commercial becaue it's Gaga and BLAKPINK, not because it's sonically "radio-friendly" or anything like that.

ROM is the most commercial song on the album, and if that didn't do well, why not try something different? I personally don't think 911 would be a great single choice, but I could see Alice having some potential. 

Yes it is… it’s 2020, commercial doesn’t mean catchy club pop anymore. Sour Candy has that trap snare that would do super well in today’s musical climate

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TerrenceV2

As much as I adore Sine and Replay and Alice. I have to admit I have low hopes for any song on the album sticking out as a single.

playground love - josef salvat

Blown Away
4 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

I feel like it’d better to take a risk with a weird song then play it safe and have a top 40 single …

I don't think they'll do that for this one. Especially not when this single is supposed to restart the era. I would love to have Babylon or Sour Candy as the third single, but I just don't see it happen.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

thatfoxyfeeling

I love Free Woman but I prefer the demo version to the album version as a single, the album version is more coherent for Chromatica listening to the album as a whole but the demo version just slaps and would go off in a nightclub. :yennefer:

Biggest Bitch
18 hours ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

I hate negative threads especially if it's about Gaga and her art but even though I love Free Woman, it is the WORST song on Chromatica besides 1000 Doves. I don't think it will be as successful as previous singles. This album is full of potential hits but Free Woman is not one of them imo. I didn't make this thread to spread negativity but to understand the hype behind it. Can someone explain why do you think Free Woman should be a single? (Again, I love Free Woman but not as much as the rest of the album)

1000 Doves and Free Woman are the best songs on the album :selena:

it's really worst song on Chromatica. (demo was good)

only one reason why monsters love it and want it as a single is that they think video will be about trans womans and drag queens. okay, it's good but what about song? song itself is 5/10 or maybe lower :triggered:

LilyLark

Agree....

TBH there aren't a lot of songs imo that are going to succeed as singles (if there is a third one)—at least in the US where dance music very rarely smashes on the charts. SL and ROM were by far the most GP friendly. I could see Enigma and maybe Sine from Above (edited) working, but that's about it.

18 hours ago, Animal Claws said:

but it's very GP-friendly

why you or other monsters think that it's "very gp-friendly"? :triggered: it's not popular on YouTube or it has same views as other songs from album on other platforms. also in every Youtube reaction they are saying that its outside of their top5 or top 10. so who told you that it's GP Friendly?

QueenChromatix

I think I can agree on Free Woman. The song is FINE, but just fine is not enough for being released as a single. I think 5 official singles from Chromatica should be:

1. Stupid Love

2. Rain On Me

3. Babylon

4. Replay

5. Sour Candy

Periodt GIF by memecandy

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Biggest Bitch
2 minutes ago, polishmonster said:

I think I can agree on Free Woman. The song is FINE, but just fine is not enough for being released as a single. I think 5 official singles from Chromatica should be:

1. Stupid Love

2. Rain On Me

3. Babylon

4. Replay

5. Sour Candy

Periodt GIF by memecandy

Replay would be her biggest flop after G.U.Y:trollga:

Blastertoyo

I don’t get people saying Free Woman is boring and bland when Watermelon Sugar is #1 right now

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Archived